Image vom 22.02.2006

• Dier Versionsnummer ist Enigma V2 2006 02 22. Man findet sie per Fernbedienung mit "Menu" - "Information" - "Über..." oder (mit einigen Angaben mehr, die ich nicht alle interpretieren kann) in der Datei /etc/image-version.

• Ich habe bei mir einen reproduzierbaren Bug gefunden:

- Auf der Fernbedienung Help aufrufen.
    => Hoch- & runtertasten funktionieren dort nicht.
    - Exit drücken, um zum TV-Mode zurück zu kehren.
    => Hoch- & runtertasten funktionieren dort ebenfalls nicht mehr.

DM7025-S + 60GB 2.5" HD

• Jenscs,

I have done that and it comes up with :

169.254.???.245 (I don't remember the ???, I am at work right now)
    ======STOP======

And when I try the web approach or try the network approach with a crossover cable, none of them works. Last night , I tried the serial cable method and after 15-20 attempts, it finaly went ahead and flashed the DB. This is a painful approach moving data at 115kbps and an image that is almost 22MB.

Question: Does this new image have a web server running on the DB or not? this means can I browse to the DB from any computer on the network Assuming that the network is 192.168.1.x, the DB has the IP address of 192.168.1.200. I can ping it, telnet to it, ftp to it. But should I be able to point a browser to it? as far as I can tell, even with the new image, there is no web server running there. Can someone from the development respond?

• No, there is no webserver available yet. Only that one that you can use to flash your image. You have to activate it by pressing the down button on your box after you enabled it.

But there is no webserver to edit settings / channels or whatever.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Is there a "release note" or "what's new" with the image so that we know what the delta is between the images? This makes the trouble shooting process easier, if we know what changes have been made to the code.

• You have to install a DHCP-Server in your network. A router is the best solution for this. So your PC and the Dreambox gets the IP from the Router/DHCP. And then you can flash the Dreambox with the IP that apears on the Display.

If you don´t have a router/dhcp-server you can test this:

Power off the dream.
    Power it on during you press the down btton on the front site.
    Wait till ****STOP*** and the IP appears.

Than configure your network of the PC. Set the IP of the PC to the same than it appears at the dreambox display except the last number.

Exsample:

On your dream appears 169.254.245.245 you have to set the PC-IP to 169.254.245.246 ! Wich subnetmask you have to chose i don´t know exactly but you can try 255.255.255.0

And than you can open your browser and try 169.254.245.245 (dream-ip). If the Web-If appears you can chose firmware-upgrade and flash the new firmware.

• Zitat

Original von nattar
    ....Does this new image have a web server running on the DB or not? ...

Yes but only if you boot with pressing the down-button on the frontsite.

At this time. In near future it is a web-if planned that works similar to the dm7000 web-if

• Jeanscs,

Thanks for the info. Again, I have no IP problem as I have a router that is managing my network. the subnet mask that you have mentioned is fine and will work. Again, I can telnet to the DB from my PC or any other PC on my network. That is the DHCP is working and provides the DB an IP address and that is NOT the problem. The problem is the flashing process.
    So if I follow the web flashing process, it comes up with:

====STOP====

Now I take a laptop with crossover cable and assign the IP of 169.254.245.235 to it and try to browse to the IP: 169.254.245.245 which is the DB. it comes back with a blank page can not be displayed, bla bla bla error. It is not loading :confused_face:

Then I am left with only one option which is serial port which is painful :frowning_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nattar ()

• The dream must be connectet to the router when you start the flashing process with pressing the down-button at the boot-process (power on).

If then it get´s no IP from your router your network is wrong/defect.

Only if the dream get´s a ip from your router you can reach ist for flashing.

• Well, why using a laptop to flash it !? I don't think it has a DHCP Server like your router. Like jenscz said ... it has to be connected with a DHCP Server. If you remove the LAN Cable and put it to your Laptop, the box is looking again for a new DHCP Server. At least my LAN Card on my PC does it´on this way. If I unplug the cable, and connect it again ... it's looking for DHCP Server again and wants a new IP.

Try to find a way to flash your box without removing the cables while the box is running. Connect your laptop to the router too ... for example

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Nattar,

here is how I do it step by step:

1) I connect the Dreambox direct via LAN cable to my ASDL router with the router running DHCP (I leave it so)

2) After you power on holding the down butten & get the stop:
    (the dreambox seems to prefer 192.168.1.4 on my local subnet so I mach sure my other wireless devices down grab that)

3) At my computer connected through WiFi to the ADSL wireless router I open a brower.

In the past when i went to
    http://192.168.1.4/ I would get a page where I could follow a link to:

http://192.168.1.4/FLASH

and then

http://192.168.1.4/upgrade.dhtml

But now

http://192.168.1.4/

leads to a page warning if I got this page LINUX isn't loaded

4) So I use the URL cache to go directly to

http://192.168.1.4/upgrade.dhtml

& it brings up the page I want. I browse to the NFI image & clink submit & wait til it uploads & flashes to 100%

5) I go to the DB & recycle power & it does its init stuff. Everything is OK

I have to say after being a bit upset by a very unfinished product that the Dreambox guys are really working hard to get everything ironed out and they're getting there. They are doing a great job.

Finally:

Is you DB plugged directly into your router or not? If you have no wifi; plug the Dream into your router, have the router assign IP via DHCP (It should be automatic if it's set to factory defaults in any modern router, no worries!) or have another computer connected to the router do the dhcp and then you should be able to flash via browser via any PC connected to the router.

Make life easy: run a LAN cable direct to you router & have that router assign via DHCP the DB IP address.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alydar ()

• Alydar,

Thank You! This is what I have been looking for all along. I'll try it in a few hours when I get home.

I have a router on my network that is hooked up to a 12port switch which feeds my whole house. So, all of my computers including the DB are on that switch and I have no network problems and I was trying to tell every one that the network is NOT my problem. I can telnet into the box and ping the whole world from there and everything works fine. It is just the flashing part that still has glitches and does not do exactly as you'd expect.

I agree with your statement about the unfinnished product. This product has still a long ways to go, even the documetnation which I hope to be available soon.
    I am also looking forward to features such as blind scan, or auto diseqc detection or a nice motor control and the possibility to connect to sites such as "www.lyngsat.se" and update the satellite/transponder list as that site is extremly up-2-date.

You know, this is one of those love and hate relationships, where I love the DB when its working and it frustrates the heck out of me when I stumble over stupid things that don't work :winking_face: Come one guys on the dream development team, show us some spirit and make us proud :winking_face: We want a kick a$$ product.

Thanks again Alydar!

UPDATE: Alydar, it worked like a German clockwork:D Thank You! :grinning_squinting_face: A suggestion to the DB team is to update the documentation to reflect these things. My source of confusion was removing the cable and plugging in a cross over cable with the laptop. DON'T need this. Just leave the box hooked up to the network and boot it pressing the down button. That's it. Thanks again!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nattar ()

• Hi,

tolle Version. Gefällt mir echt schon ganz gut. Keine Tunerprobleme, schneller geworden, Bild scheint besser zu sein. Weiter so!

Grade hab ich sie neu hochgefahren. Hatte sie gestern Abend per Menü ausgeschaltet. Danach war das Enigma ned mehr zu gebrauchen. Total träge. Wenn man versucht hat in der Senderliste von einem Sender auf den anderen zu wechseln, konnte man sich bequem zurücklehnen und ein paar Sekunden warten. Nach ereutem reboot ist wieder alles in Ordnung.

Mal so, als Info :winking_face:

Grüße

toppi

• Hi,

nach einiger Zeit bekomme ich auf Pro7, Sat1 und Sender dieser Gruppe Hänger. Der "BER" Wert - Sendungsfortschritt - schwankt dann zwischen 0 und 900. Sobald ich dann das Image erneut flashe funktioniert es wieder.
    Hat jemand das gleiche Problem ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rob08 ()

• Zitat

Original von rob08
    Hi,

nach einiger Zeit bekomme ich auf Pro7, Sat1 und Sender dieser Gruppe Hänger. Der "BER" Wert - Sendungsfortschritt - schwankt dann zwischen 0 und 900.

Evt. ein DECT- Telefon in der Nähe?

Computer sind dazu da Probleme zu lösen, die man ohne Computer gar nicht hätte

• nein, auch wenn ich das Telefon auf die Box lege ist das Signal noch 1a.
    Als der Fehler aufgetreten ist, war es auch nicht in der Nähe.

• nach einiger Zeit bekomme ich auf Pro7, Sat1 und Sender dieser Gruppe Hänger. Der "BER" Wert - Sendungsfortschritt - schwankt dann zwischen 0 und 900

Hallo Habe das Problem auch.

Straeter

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von straeter ()

• Hallo,

wenn ich das Image neu geflasht habe funktioniert alles super. Aber nach einiger Zeit treten die Probleme wieder auf. Ich möchte eine Sendung aufnehmen und dann auf einen anderen Kanal umschalten habe ich wieder nervige Bildaussetzer (ruckler).
    Was kann man dagegen blos machen?

Danke

Olafpersil

• Was sind jetzt eigendlich die "NEWS" der neuen Version? Beide Versionen heißen 2.0 Wurden jetzt "nur" einige BUG`s gefixt oder sind neue Featers dazu gekommen?

• Ich habe das Problem ebenfalls, allerdings nicht mit der DM7025-die steht nahe an der Sat-Schüssel. Mein Kathrein Empfänger ist weiter weg, da habe ich auch Aussetzer . Neulich wurde ich im Media-Markt Zeuge eines Gesprächs, bei dem bei einem Humax-receiver das gleiche Problem diskutiert wurde. Kann es sein, daß Pro7-Sat1 ihre Sendeleistung reduziert haben?