Plugins and DM7025

• It seems that DM7025 is not ready to supoort any plugins now. Is that correct :confused_face:

The blue bottom in the remote does not give any option for moving to plugins!

Any expectations for what is needed to get the already existing plugins to work?

• Zitat

Original von laith.said
    It seems that DM7025 is not ready to supoort any plugins now. Is that correct :confused_face:

The blue bottom in the remote does not give any option for moving to plugins!

Any expectations for what is needed to get the already existing plugins to work?

It will be a hard thing to run existing enigma1 plugins on enigma2 i guess... Another case are the plugins which use the fb directly, as for example tuxcom - these shouled be *easier* to port

• I tried to ftp some plugins that have been made for DM7020 to the /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins/ then I could see them in my plugins list, but I could not execute them :frowning_face:

I know that it is not just like that, but I was only trying to see if it is /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins/ where the plugins have to be placed.

Is there any where a reference for how one can write a plugin?

regds.

• Offizieller Beitrag

afaik the problem is that the 7025 uses 32-bit framebuffer color-depth but hey, don't blame me if i'm wrong!

and... you cannot use 7020 binaries on 7025! It's a completely different Architecture!

mfg ,
    Reichi

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Reichi ()

• I think its time to place a demo plugin into cvs ... After the existing problems where fixed :winking_face:

* 1. DM 7025 SS
    * 2. DM 7020 S
    * 3. Micronik TV Box 1200S, MAM600
    * Astra 19.2° E
    * Hotbird 13.0° E schielend

• Zitat

Original von dcdead
    It will be a hard thing to run existing enigma1 plugins on enigma2 i guess... Another case are the plugins which use the fb directly, as for example tuxcom - these shouled be *easier* to port

easier ? Not really, because the 7025 only has a 16 and 32Bit framebuffer and all the tuxbox plugins are based on 8Bit framebuffer. This means the complete grafics and text rendering routines must be completly rewritten and so on ...

• Hi,

bought a dm7025 two days ago, very nice product, but plugin support is a bit sparse compared to older products (7020 especially). beeing a prof. python programmer, i might be able to lend a hand here and there ...

i learned that there is no real "plugin API doc", so where do i get access to the enigma2 CVS tree? and what license is enigma2 anyway, couldn't find anything about it in the web?

cheers

• check this out (openembedded not cvs)

and you can find some plugin samples eg. filebrowser or testplugin

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SadButTrue ()

• also ein paar kleine nützliche Plugins von mir gibts in der Zwischenzeit auch schon:

Shell Plugin (ausführen von Unix Kommandos um sich telnet zu sparen)
    Cronmanager Plugin (für den cron dameon um Zeitgesteuert scripte ausführen zu können, auch ein sleeptimer ist damit möglich und als Beispiel dabei)
    Multiboot (ist auch als Plugin für die 7025 verfügbar)
    Timeshiftsave plugin (damit kannst Du einen Timeshift in eine normale Aufnahme .ts datei retten wenn du draufkommst das statt gelbem knopf der rote besser gewesen wäre).

Sind alle in praktisch jedem Image (auch im Standard DM Image) lauffähig.

Das Heim dieser Plugins ist aber ein anderes Board wom man auch Träume hat - ein bischen mit obigen Namen suchen hilft da sicher :winking_face:

Gruss
    thowi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()