Blindscan with DM600 and non-universal LNB

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM600PVR with Sat / Cable tuner
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): 1
    Firmware version: 27.08.2007

I am trying Blindscanning on my DM600 using the stock DMM firmware supplied with the box, plus other third party images.

It seems that Blindscanning is not supported on non-universal LNB's. If I have my LNB correctly configured as it is only a High frequency LNB with a LO of 10750, so in my LNB settings I enter LOF/L = 10750, LOF/H=10750 Threshold = 11700.

If I then try and do a blindscan I get an error about my LOF/L. If I change back to a universal LNB then blindscan I don't get that error, however because I don't have a universal LNB it doesn't find anything.

The same appies to a CBand LNB I have, I don't have the standard KU Universal LNB settings so it doesn't work.

Is this because it hasn't been tried before or working as designed?

• I think you will find, if you go into your LNB setup, and have a non-universal LNB configured on the satellite (yes I know cable isn't supported for blindscan) then you will see the 600 error with the same error I am seeing.

From conversations on another site it seems that the front end for the Blindscan is open source, however the backend isn't. And the backend only supports KU Universal LNB's, and not using the LNB configuration out of the Satellite configuration.

If DMM could open source the backend then I would happily fix the problem myself if I could examine the code, otherwise it would be preferable if the blindscan could support all different LNB configs such as:

L=10750
    H=10750
    T=11700

L=11300
    H=11300
    T=11700

L=05150
    H=05150
    T=00000

These are commonly used configs outside of europe.

If anyone can point me in the direction of the source then I would happily look at it and offer a patch up. Otherwise it seems quite pointless to have a Blindscan tuner, yet only support one LNB option.

• I found the problem and yes it is a bug in the frontend of the blindscan module, I am going to re-write the frontend when I have some time <ha!> and submit it to get the fix included.

The work-around was to add two LOF/L TP into the satellites.xml ie a TP on 10000 vertical and horizontal and then the blindscan worked.

It seems that the frontend code from reviewing it checks the satellites.xml / list of transponders to see if it has a valid list of frequencies.. which IMHO is not the right approach as the list of TP's in the satellites.xml shouldn't matter at all.

• can someone fix this problem "atoservices update" bug

problems with swiching comes when:
    a) more than one transponder has same id on one sat position
    _ (it can be some old frequency and also can be two real frequencies which are in use)
    b) cause wrong channels added to wrong sat position
    _ (i think it happen cause Enigma think new position is set, but it isnt done on DiseqSwich by some reason)