Schlechtwetterbug(Dreambox hangs when signal is poor)

• The Dreambox 7025 tends to hang when receiving a poor signal. When the BER is high (e.g. due to heavy rain) the Dreambox will hang. If the BER becomes 0 again one will not get the picture back. If one zaps to another channel one does not get picture either. The only possibility to get picture again is the power switch.

The problem occurs when the signal on the reception threshold. When it is far below (disconnected antenna) or strong there are no problems.

There is a thread on a Dutch forum about this (see http://www.sat4all.com/forums/…300&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1 ).

1) People using DVB-S as well as people using DVB-T have the problem;
    2) People using the original DreamBox images as well as people using hacker images have the problem;
    3) Updating the front processor from 2 to 7 does not matter.

Regards, Frits

• Hello,

I can confirm the problems with poor signal.
    When BER is high (heavy RAIN, Snow etc), no more Picture/Sound.
    When Signal comes back and BER becomes 0 again, Box has to be rebooted in order to get Video/Audio again.

Best regards,

• dito. i experienced that while thunderstorm. interestingly not all channels/transponders are affected in my case. enigma2 restart does not solve the issue.

2x 7025

• Me to i have no signal after tunderstorm or lot of rain.
    Also some times i get "SID not found in PAT" but after an reboot everythings ok.
    Also if the air is grey then the DM7025 give no live pictures anymore on TV screen but everything hangs. On off is the only selution.
    I use the latest firmware version 2.2 with FP 7.

I hope that there is an selution in the next firmware upgrade.

• Kann ich bestätigen,

tritt bei DVB-C u- DVB-S auf. Läßt sich nur durch einen REBOOT beheben, ein Enigma neustart reicht nicht aus. Ein Tuner wechsel von dvb_s auf DVB_c od. umgekehrt bringt auch nix. Sieht so aus als würde sich was weghängen in den Treibern.

Vielleicht würde sich das bitte einer der Devs mal anschauen, ist ziemlich lästig bei schlechtem Wetter andauernd die Box neustarten zu müssen.

mfg
    pupert

• Same problem here - we had a thunderstorm during which the 7025 lost the sat signal - but when i got back and the sun was shining again there still was no signal - after rebooting everything was ok again. Have noticed this every time the signal is lost, so it can be reproduced.

• Yes the box lose the picture on weak signals after a while, going back to a strong signal does not help.

Only thing that shows are the GUI, only solution is to reboot the box to get picture from the channel back.

• Same for me.
    Elder Image Versions seemed to work ! I don't remember havaing had trouble with weather during the last few month.

Sun was'nt shining all the time, wasn't it ?

• Hi all,

I can also confirm this problem. Hopefully someone from DMM will comment on these postings.

@DMM: Bitte versucht die Ursachen für das Tunerproblem bei schlechter Signalqualität zu finden. Die Box ist sonst unbrauchbar, da mir auf Grund schlechten Wetters und dieses Problems sämtliche Timeraufnahmen während meines Urlaubs geschrottet wurden.

PS: Offensichtlich wären euch viele viele Dreamer dankbar :smiling_face:
    PPS: Das Problem trat auch schon mit älteren Versionen von Enigma auf. Hatte ich aber wegen der geringen Häufigkeit als unwichtig ignoriert. Habe die DM7025SS.

Gruß,
    Oliver

DM7025SS, 200GB Samsung HDD
    Astra 19,2, Hotbird 13 E

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von soliver ()

• well, haven't gotten this on the 7025cc but on my 600c. Not sure if this is the same but maybe recent changes (image on 600 boxman cvs 20070616). I think the problem was related due to bad signal - used it in a hotel where the signal was low.

• Can confirm the behaviour for my DM7025ss.
    Sometimes the box recovers but only after several minutes.
    Most of the cases it doesnt and a reboot is required.
    Please be so kind to provide a fix soon.
    As we almost have a thunderstorm per day its pretty annoying
    especially for timer recordings. Thanks a lot.

Regards

• i have the same problem with my 7025ss

once the box hangs (picture wise) can't even watch a movie from hdd also black picture.

only solution is to restart the box.

very annoying, especially since i have one sat where receiption gets bad in the evening and if i switch to one of those channels and go back to astra or hotbird all is black.

please dmm help us !!

• I have been experimenting further with this problem, and it looks like I have been able to isolate the problem. It is a bug in the soft CAM or soft CAM related code.

The bug is present in the original DreamBox soft CAM as well as in hacker software that we are not allowed to discus according to the board rules.

It is irrelevant if a smart card is inserted or not. If the soft CAM is running and one zaps to an encrypted channel with poor reception the DreamBox 7025 will hang.

I commented the following line out with a # in the file /etc/init.d/bootup:
    # /usr/bin/wdog /usr/bin/dccamd -
    This disables the original DreamBox soft CAM and seemed to solve the problem.

I now use a Conax CI module to view the Dutch Digitenne DVB-T pay channels. (Due to a temporary switch off of the repeater in my city Arnhem the reception is currently very poor, which resulted in my DM7025 to hang continuously.) Besides the DVB-T pay channels I watch free-to-air satellite channels.

Can other users confirm?

Regards, Frits

[Moderator] Some changes were necessary [/Moderator]

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• No, the original DreamBox soft CAM is not illegal. One even needs this soft CAM to use the free 9 months subscribtion on the terrible boring INXTC TV for which a smart card is included when one buys a DreamBox.

Only watching pay TV channels without smart card using hacker soft CAMs is illegal.

I think Dream Multi Media shall either solve this bug, or remove their soft CAM and stop shipping the DreamBoxes with the 9 months INXTC TV subscription.

Regards, Frits

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• mmh,

scheint so also ob die demuxer dann nicht mehr mitspielen, die CI's haben einen eigenen demux und deshalb gibts da keine prob. EPG (Now/Next) wird auch nicht mehr angezeigt.

ps:
    Musste heute 10x innerhalb von 15 Min. die Box neustarten bis ich endlich wieder ein Bild hatte.

@dev's
    Wie siehts denn aus mit einem Workaround, ist ziemlich nervig ne 500 Euro Box andauernd neuzustarten bei schlechtem Wetter.

mfg
    pupert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pupert ()

• Ja, es ist absolut nervig... Die 7025 steht bei mir momentan deswegen sogar in der Ecke, da man nix zuverlässig aufnehmen kann und auf Dauer nervt's mit nur einem Tuner in der 7000 :winking_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dcdead ()

• Muss mich hier anschliessen...

Nach Ausfall des Bildes (z.Bsp. durch Gewitter) muss die 7025 neugestartet werden...

:loudly_crying_face:

mfG cs_e

DM7080 SSS / DM8000 SSSS / DM7000 / Synology 414
    Wave T90 - 13°E - 19,2°E - 23,5°E - 28,2°E / Spaun SMS 17089 NF