Dreambox dm920 IP Address ?

• when your dreambox crashes and you will get a - so called - green screen, what is so difficult to go with (s)FTP to your dreambox, change directory to /media/hdd and from there get the crashlog file and post that file here AS an ATTACHMENT to your post

• Sorry for the delay,

Its very difficult to get the ip address of my dreambox dm 920.

Since morning I am trying. When I get the IP address, then only I can download the crashlog from media/hdd & sent it to you.

thanks

• Dream box DM920 UHD

Prior to Automatic updates, I was able to enter into software management with many options with dreamflash

Now after automatic updates

When I click on menu ----> software management (Not able to get into this)

immediately dream box crashes, for which the flie has been attached.

Could you please suggest me how to resolve.

As per dreambox dm920 below is the software version.

Dreambox OS 4.3.2r10-2020-03-31

Image experimental 2019-03-12

• A plugin called default-plugin wants to be added to Software Manager but it does not say which one it is. As it tries to concatenate a string and a function it crashes. Uninstall any plugin you have installed one by one (restart e2 after each uninstall) to find out which one it is

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Es knallt mit Sicherheit wegen Dreamflash , syed.sunder70 du nutzt da eine alte Version des Plugins (keine Ahnung wo du die hergeholt hast) ,das Plugin überschreibt im Softwaremanager etwas bzw. schreibt sich dort mit rein und mit einer alten Version des gutemine Plugins knallt es dann weil etwas falsch über schrieben wurde.

• Ist auch meine Vermutung. Aber auf Deutsch versteht er dich kaum.

Zombi suggests uninstalling DreamFlash because you're version is outdated.

Gruss
    Dre

• Respected sir,

Thanks for your reply

As suggested by dre. I was unable to identify the default plugins for uninstalling, which was installed automatically via software updates.

Could you please suggest step by step how to overwrite/install the latest software in dream box dm 920.

When we hold the power button for few seconds, screen displays "Rescue Mode http://dm920. local. lan/ (Whether this information will be of any use for software installation)

• the best thing you can do is indeed flashing a new original image from DP at your dm920.
    download the newest image to your PC from here

If you see Rescue Mode at your display wait a few seconds and you will see an IP, which can also be seen at the connected TV (screen). In your case something like: http:192.168.1.xxx or http://dm920....

In your brouwser type that ip address then click at Firmware Update, unselect the two select boxes and search for the new firmware (image) which you downlaoded before to your pc.

• Now my dream boc dm920 screen shows "Rescue mode waiting for DHCP'

Yes, on dreambox control centre I am getting IP address of dreambox dm920, This is how I have downloaded & sent you to crashlog.

So, with the help of dreambox control centre ip address, how will I install latest software.

• Your ip is mentioned in the crashlog file: 192.168.1.5

Try first to remove dreamflash and reinstall software manager and then restart GUI; can be done with one command line:

Code
    dpkg -r enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash && apt-get --reinstall install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager && systemctl restart enigma2
  • It's sufficient to uninstall DreamFlash. DreamFlash only uses the hook provided by SoftwareManager

Gruss
    Dre

• Thanks for your reply,

Where & how to run the below code :

dpkg -r enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash && apt-get --reinstall install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager && systemctl restart enigma2