Multiple time problems

• Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, i think it is, i tried using translation to see where i should post my problems... Also sorry i didn't post in the english forum, seems nobody goes there and so less chance to get help, but i know that many germans speak english well.

I also tried searching but most results are in german and so i can't google a solution to my problem. Problem 1 is mostly solved by manually entering the time, what is really a problem is SECOND PROBLEM.

FIRST PROBLEM: The time is wrong in my dreambox 2, I live in Los Angeles, California. My time zone is pacific standard time (+8), I have it set correctly in dreambox, yet the time was completely off. I don't know what caused it to be off. I tried looking for a plugin to automatically or manually set the time through "Software management" and couldn't find anything. So I had to manually enter the time by ssh-ing into the dreambox and usign command line to manually set the time.... GREAT, right? nope.

SECOND PROBLEM: When I go into the dreambox web interface and set a timer, the time is off completely.... meaning when I go into the timer section on the dreambox the time in dreambox is different than the web interface by 1 hour. So if i set it in dreambox to 18:26 it will show on webinterface as 19:e . When i set a timer in webinterface as 21:53 it will show up on the dreambox as 20:53. I have no idea how to fix this, please help!

• I can't provide a solution to your problems, but I hope you didn't buy a clone, as you named a "dreambox 2", which is not a genuine dreambox name.

Or is that a misunderstanding? If not, it might be a software problem caused by the clone.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• There might be a transponder you are zapping to with a different time that switches your system time.
    Saw a plugin in the IHAD board that could fix that: [e2 plugin] dvb zeit (oe1.6 - oe2.0)

• I can't provide a solution to your problems, but I hope you didn't buy a clone, as you named a "dreambox 2", which is not a genuine dreambox name.

Or is that a misunderstanding? If not, it might be a software problem caused by the clone.

That was a typo, I do have a genuine dreambox, i bought it from the official distributor for dreambox in the USA and i paid a LOT for it. Also, ive run the genuine dreambox verification plugin and it returns that it is genuine

There might be a transponder you are zapping to with a different time that switches your system time.
    Saw a plugin in the IHAD board that could fix that: [e2 plugin] dvb zeit (oe1.6 - oe2.0)

I don't know how to install plugins other than going into the built in plugin browser in draembox, i couldn't find the plugin you mentioned.

Which dreambox type and which tuner configuration does your box have?

I have the Dreambox DM500HD, I don't understand when you ask me what tuner configuration I have?

I went into "tuner configuration" menu option and it retuns:

Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)
    Config mode: advanced
    Sattelite: Galaxy 19
    LNB: LNB1
    Priority: Auto
    LOF: User defined
    LOF/L: 10750 (same for LOF/H and same for threshold)
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Increased voltage: no
    Tuner mode: off
    Diseqc mode: none

Hope this is what you were asking for

• Also, there's another problem, even after I manually set the time using console, the time gets changed back to the wrong time. The time it resets to is off by 3 hours and 7 minutes. So say it should read 9:55 (21:55) it will actually read 5:02 (18:02).

So far my temporary solution is to set the time from Pacific standard time (+8) to Eastern standard time (+5) to compensate.

Help :thinking_face:

• The dreambox will get the time from DVB. So if there's a channel or transponder giving a wrong time, the problem you described might happen.

It's pretty much like pe747 described it. Read this topic he mentioned, there's a plugin which can override the time given by DVB. You could have a try with it.

Otherwise, you just might try to flash the newest software, maybe that helps too.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• What image version are you running?
    If you are on an old third party image, I would suggest you first flash a current DMM image (either OE 1.6 release or OE 2.0 experimental) from www.dreamboxupdate.com.
    Should your problems persist, it might very well be true, that a transponder is broadcasting a wrong timecode.
    As you already mentioned your familiarity with the box's shell, here is a tutorial on how to install third party packages manually via the shell.

• in case we still don't have option where define trusted transponder's list from which comes correct time
    i prefer synchronize time from the i-net by rdate(call at system start and hourly from cron)
    and set disable update system time from transponders at all

• I decided to update to the latest software, i updated to the official OE1.6 image (3.2.4 for my DM500HD)...

The problem still exists :thinking_face:

I will read those links and attempt to install that plugin that overrides the time. Will pots back here if I have any problems

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von blackjackel ()

• Ok, I've installed the DVBtime plugin and checked time with the NTP server, it's still 1 hour off.

We observe daylight savings time here in the United States, sorry for being ignorant but I'm unsure if there's a similar system in europe/germany, but perhaps this is the problem? We recently changed our clocks for daylight savings time, perhaps the NTP server hasn't updated for daylight savings? or perhaps the NTP server is located in a country that does not observe daylight savings time? Setting via DVB did not result in the correct time either.

Currently I'm using the manual time selection option of the plugin and i've turned off the automatic time update on startup. Hopefully this should work for now.

However, this solution does not solve my other problem:

The time in the WEBINTERFACE is STILL different than the time in the dreambox through the TV. The times in the webinterface are all ahead by 1 hour. if I set a recording to record at 2 in webinterface it will show up as 1 in the dreambox. And vice versa if i set a timer for 3 in the dreambox it will show up as 4 in the web interface. What's going on? My firmware is the latest version from the dream multimedia website!

EDIT: I uploaded two images, one of the webinterface and one of the dreambox itself showing on the TV... this should show what I'm talking about, everything on webinterface is an hour forward.

• DST is a nuisance that exists not only in Germany, but also in most of Europe.
    The DST start tends to differ from country to country, see here.
    While in the states the DST starts the second Sunday of March, in Germany it starts the last Sunday of March.

You can either wait 2 weeks until DST kicks in everywhere, or you can set the correct timezone.
    But I can't seem to find your timezone in /usr/share/zoneinfo/.

Afaik GMT -8 and PST differ in the fact that GMT is an absolute reference and thus does not account for DST.

• This still dosent solve the problem of the time difference between the web interface and the dreambox.

Please see the screenshots attatched in my last post.

• I have no clue regarding your webinterface problem.
    My guess would be that the webinterface uses a different resource than E2 to determine the timezone.
    If Reichi does not respond, your best bet would be to open a support ticket here.

• WilliamG
    and talk about image which stopped to develop year ago :smiling_face:

blackjackel
    start by try fresh image
    http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/…box/2.0.0/images/dm500hd/

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Webinterface shows times based on the browsers timezone. I does neither know nor care about what's set in enigma2.
    Timer timestamps are all set as "UTC" and therefore timezone-independent.

mfg ,
    Reichi