Blu-ray disk burning tested OK!

• Yesterday i have installed new sony BD-5750H disc burner in to my DM8000. Bought standart 25GB disc.

After few fails i have burned video wich what have been burned by DM8000. Firmware is offical 3.2.1. Video was SD. Than, after take off and insering disc back, vedio was succesfully played.

So, IT IS POSSIBLE TO BURN RECORDS WICH WERE MADE BY DM8000 TO BD DISCS BY INTERNAL(SATA) BLURAY RECORDER! :smiling_face:

Very interesting to check BDXL (100GB) discs burning. After i get such discs, i will check it.

• You burned a Blu Ray -> DATA <- disk, not a Blu Ray video disk.
    It is nothing new, that one can burn BD data disks.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• But everybody thinks thats impossible to burn DM recordered videos to BD discs at all!

Now i want to sure everybody, that they can burd their recordings to BD discs and watch it at dreambox.

• It is a nice thing that you share your experience with others. No question.
    Nevertheless at least for the german DM community, the fact that simple
    data disks can be burned not only via DVD but also via BD burner, is a more
    or less well known fact.
    But what nearly everybody is demanding, is buring VIDEO disks.
    Your first post could be misunderstood (and was misunderstood) in the way
    that you managed to burn a VIDEO Blu Ray disk.
    That's all I tried to place emphasis on.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• To all developers of DM
    Please improve you CUTLIST EDITOR. It is the most buggy and non comfortable software for video cutting, that I ever saw. Pioneer has good solutions in this area.

Fraxinas
    Cool! As i understand DVDburn plugin at your presentation is a little but another than in 3.2.1 firmware.
    We dont have a choise of types to burn (BDMV or Dreambox format).
    Also i think 3.2.1 does not detect type of media BD or DVD discs is inserted(but at you video we see that it does).
    Subjectively DVDburn works not so buggy, as from 3.2.1 does. Did you fix some bugs?

Hope to see presented idias and software in new firmware. ANd please, check your DM Cutlist editor, its very difficult and non-understandable for many people or write detailed manual with pictures, so even old people can use it :smiling_face: .
    Thank you for interesting presentation

• Das ist eine Neuigkeit!! Ich habe sofort ein Blu Ray Laufwerk bestellt! :thumbs_up:
    Hab mir das Video angeschaut. Prima Arbeit.

Gruß Dreamrock

DM 8000 7020SI 2X500S Wavefrontier Toroidal T90 SAT 13.0° 19.2° 23.5° 28.2° Spaun

• I'm very curious to this eeh updated dvd-burn plugin. :winking_face_with_tongue:

When can we test this Bluray movie format burning function?
    I suppose it also works on DVD-R drives. I mean if we can burn miniDVD on CD, then we can also burn miniBluRay on DVD. (because most HD recordings of say 90 minutes(movies) are below the 4.7 Gig of a DVD-5 single layer.)
    Is UDF2.5 filesystem on DVD possible?

Where can we expect the *.ipk file to download this DVD(BluRay) Burn plugin? Will it be opensource? because opensourcesoftware is used.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• Hi, blu ray lovers...

in my opinion, it makes absolute no sense, to use either a dvd nor a bd burner in the 8000.
    Here my points, why it makes no sense:

1. The box is to slow to cut the files
    2. Slim Line recorders are expensive (BR about 100 Euro)
    3. Actually, no real full HD movies are shown, only 1920i (50 Hz), 720p is only 1280x720, BBC has 1440x1280, all interleaved
    4. Burning is not real BD format, so it is not playable on some players, and it takes extreme long to burn it.
    5. Speed is limited by the internal USB->SatA connector.
    6. Playing BR or DVD does not satisfy (After half a year, I removed my DVD burner out of the box and added a 2,5" HDD), I need a illegal add on for the box to play copy protected original discs and new audio formats are not supported.

I have a PC with a BR Burner, and bought a HD/SD Cut software.
    My DM8000 has no HDDs any more, I switched to two NAS Systems, both with Raid 5 (4 Discs), where I save my recorded movies (via NFS). It allows multiple Records at the same time, same as HDD in DM8000.
    When I decide to keep a record, I cut it with the HD cut software directly from NAS folder and write it back in m2TS format. This takes (including setting the cuts) about 10-15 Minutes.
    My TV has a DNLA Server, which is able to stream m2ts, ts and some more formats. This cost me some keypresses on my TV remote to start such files, there is no need for me to use the DM8000..
    In the first weeks, I was crazy enough, to cut the movies, create menues, set chapters and created BR Discs, which are perfectly play in any BR player. Most discs have 2 - 4 movies on it. I burned them, and then I did not play them....
    DVDs/BR Discs need room, cases for protection and always a working player, need organisation to find them, when you want to play it. Each disc costs money, and killed discs also, and in the first time, it costs a few discs to find the best settings...

The prices, I paid:
    HD/SD Cut program -> 85 Euro, with lifelong free updates
    QNAP 410 with 4 discs: about 500 Euro (Room for at least 1000 Files in m2ts format)
    Internal Network
    About 15 Minutes to cut a movie to m2ts (I do not records services, which breaks the movies for ads breaks), so cutting is easy: find start and end of movie, set the cuts and "Go".
    So 1000 movies cost me about 600 Euros and about 1000 * 15 Minutes.
    And if a friend wants me to share a movie, USB Sticks or for more movies, 2,5 USB HDDs with USB 2/3 or eSatA do the job...

Using DM 8000 with burning, you can calculate the price what it cost in time, discs and remote batteries, when cutting with the internal DVD program. When you burn 500 Discs (about 1 Euro / piece) with DM8000, you are nearly at the same price level, I am. The room, I need to store 1000 movies is about 30 x 30 x 30 cm. Don't ask me, how much room 500 discs need (except you use the discs without any case).

So, please keep in mind, that this is my private opinion. I accept every different opinion, I only talk for myself.
    My solution saves resources and time...

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von peter999 ()

• I see your main arguments, but some of your points are wrong:

1) Take a look at the cutlist editor etc... The only thing it doesn't do is frame exact cutting, because it doesn't reencode.
    3) Yeah, but it's not only a matter of quality. People still recorded on VCR when DVD-ROM was there. And there was a much bigger difference in quality. Despite this, the quality doesn't change by cutting at PC or saving at external Harddisks.
    4) Did you even read the thread? Fraxinas did announce that this is the exact point they're working on and it's the whole sense of the thread :winking_face:
    5) And now? I don't think this is a problem as the burner is much slower than USB.
    6) At least the self-recorded disks should work fine :winking_face: And I don't have any problem with the *.iso Images at my NAS.

Anyway, I'm preferring NAS and Harddisk, too. Didn't use any DVD or CD for months (did even install my new OS via USB) also for cost reasons.
    But I think these are awesome news for the compatibility in the living room. You can easily record and burn something for friends just by remote without any PC or NAS or whatsoever.

so long
    m0rphU

• Hi, mOrphU
    this was my private opinion, as I wrote...
    But I comment a few things in your list (but then, I won't give more comments, because it did not changed anything for me).

I see your main arguments, but some of your points are wrong:

1) Take a look at the cutlist editor etc... The only thing it doesn't do is frame exact cutting, because it doesn't reencode.

Peter: there is also no frame exact cutting in my software (only very expensive software offer that), but handling is much better. I played with the cutlist editor a few years ago and is was not so good...

Zitat

3) Yeah, but it's not only a matter of quality. People still recorded on VCR when DVD-ROM was there. And there was a much bigger difference in quality. Despite this, the quality doesn't change by cutting at PC or saving at external Harddisks.

Peter: I did not talk about quality, Ts is ts and is a original transponder stream. As long as you do not shrink the data rate, it's like original source... In my case, I would not record on a media with less quality. Except, a friend needs a copy on a vhs recorder, but this is a totaly different story..

Zitat

4) Did you even read the thread? Fraxinas did announce that this is the exact point they're working on and it's the whole sense of the thread :winking_face:

Peter: I read it, and everyone who wants it should use the BR solution, when it is finished. From the point of thing, there is no big difference between cutting HD or SD, it is a point of media and handling.

Zitat

5) And now? I don't think this is a problem as the burner is much slower than USB.

Peter: If you talk about DVD, you're right, BR with 4 or higher rates is near of the maximum 20 MB/s USB-Convertert-Stick...

Zitat

6) At least the self-recorded disks should work fine :winking_face: And I don't have any problem with the *.iso Images at my NAS.

Peter: You're right, my QNaps work with iso also, but what makes the difference, I live fine with m2ts or pure cutted ts.

Zitat

Anyway, I'm preferring NAS and Harddisk, too. Didn't use any DVD or CD for months (did even install my new OS via USB) also for cost reasons.
    But I think these are awesome news for the compatibility in the living room. You can easily record and burn something for friends just by remote without any PC or NAS or whatsoever.

Peter: I agree, when you want to burn in the living room, I never checked, if direct recording is possible... And creating a burn for a friend cost me the way to the next room...
    But this is for people, which have no network connection to DM8000, and only recording on internal HDD and then burning the media....

In my opinion is DVD or BR a loss of recources. Actually there is much better media on the market, i.e. you could write on a SD card which could be played on a TV with card reader, USB-HDDs and so on..., this saves resources... My softphone supports 32 gb Micro SD, where I need spectacles to see it... :grinning_squinting_face:
    But it works in my TV, MediaPlayer (icybox) or on my Qnaps...

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

• Hi guys!

Presenting you a RUSSIAN translation of DVD-Burning manual published on DM website!

(Сделал русскоязычную версию ИНСТРУКЦИЮ ПО ЗАПИСИ DVD на дримбоксе 8000)

This manual is based on 3.2.1 offical firmware with Russian translation, so it can have some difference with offical manual.

Admins - you can post this manual at Download page.

P.S. Many of my friends are argee that nowatime CUTLIST editor is very difficult and NON-friendly, so even clearest manual for it can not do it more usable.

Here is the mirrow: https://rapidshare.com/files/2…burning-HowTo_RUSSIAN.pdf

moderators: please correct me if I have break forum (DM) rules.

• How is the situation of the updated DVDburn plugin?
    Is it already available as *.ipk file?

it's so quiet about this awesome new feature of DVDburn plugin.

Just the idea, burn your HD recording, and play it on holiday in any BluRay player.(hotelroom/caravan ofcourse for yourself(owner of DM8k).

So wassup ? When is BDMV burning in DVDburn plugin available?

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• As you can read all over this forum, there won't be any bigger change until the new OpenDreambox 2.0 (new developement framework, new kernel, new images, etc...) is going to be released. And until now there are no reliable informations when this might be (last rumors were christmas 2011 or easter 2012 :winking_face: ).

So I'm afraid you won't get anything else than "it's done when it's done" :frowning_face: I hope the results will be worth all the waiting.

so long
    m0rphU

• I would like to use an e-sata bluray burner with dreambox 7020HD and with this firmware dvdburner, to burn, file. ts that exceed 8 gb, 10 gb, are burn at the right speed of writing?

What model do you recommend esata bluray burner that works properly on my dm7020HD?

what image recommend for esata and bluray burner e-sata works perfect ?

thanks in advance to those who help me

• I have tried bluray disk which i have bought from shop today with film, but no result.
    So its non possible to watch encrypted video at the moment(