sound "hickups" on optical output

• Hi,

I have my dm7025 connected with an optical cable to my receiver.
    Every x minutes the sound stops for a fraction of a second (totally) and then comes back again like before.
    I have this on ALL the channels.
    The settings are normal, and it is NOT the receiver or settings on that.
    I have all the boxes (I need more space) dm500, dm7000, dm7020 and now the dm7025.
    Only the 7025 has this issue (however the 500 is not connected)
    It is not only on encrypted channels it is also on FTA channels (BVN).

Is this a know thing and can that (hopefully) be fixed ?

thx

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• I have really the same problem with a 7025 and my AV-Receeiver.

Playing back recorded files from hdd, there are no dropouts.

Another problem is synchronisation after switching on the box, changing channels or entering the menu. At first there are some very short dropouts, after that, the sound is ok for the namend xxx minutes.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von squaker ()

• and I must say it is rather SUPER anoying.

I am watching Fire down Below now on dutch channel Veronica, and It is breaking up bigtime..

PLEASE FIX THIS.

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• With my Harman Kardon AVR-435 there are no problem unless I use media player and paus then it sounds bad.

Normal viewing of channels works as it should and I only use optical output and latest CVS.

I guess that you have a proper signal with at least 75% SNR?

/WeeGull

• It has nothing to do with my signal or receiver..

I am sure of that.
    The other boxes (7000 and 7020) don't have this issues. (when connected on the same optical cable and same channel )
    It is also not my network , CI or card.

It is really a dm7025 issue (driver or maybe hardware) and I am not the only person with this issue.

It is even so strange that when watching premiere in english the box sometimes just changes back to german language..So it looks like the box is "not locking" on a pid or something (i don't know what).

And I don't use sound from the scart I only use optical output for ALL the sound of every channel.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MikeV ()

• question :

Is there anywhere a list of bugs to fix for the 7025 ?

I am now back to my dm7000 because of some bugs that are reported here.
    Are they on the TODO list or is this just a place to tell them and never hear anything ?

Maybe a "list to do because of known and verified bugs" is a nice idea for people to see what is happening.

I can report , and then nothing..

Hope this is a usefull idea and sure would make many people happy i guess.

thanks,

• For information:

in an other board is to read, that the dropout-bug on opt.-out is well known by DMM and would be fixed in the next official firmware-release.

• Zitat

Original von squaker
    For information:

in an other board is to read, that the dropout-bug on opt.-out is well known by DMM and would be fixed in the next official firmware-release.

this (sorry i wont say bug) little feature is already fixed :smiling_face:

i have watched "veronica" about 40min without any "hickup" :winking_face:

to premiere issue i never have had such a problem witch cam du you use?

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• Zitat

Originally posted by squaker
    For information:

Well it would be nice if some sort of feedback is then somewhere to read.Or at least a response on the topic(s) that are being posted in the bug(s) sections.

I cannot browse all the sections and parts of all boards :smiling_face: constantly to see what is happening behind the scenes.

The sound "changeover" on premiere i had for 2 days when I went to portal and selected an event. Then the sound would now and then change back to tone 1 when tone2 was selected.
    This was with an "not supported" cam and I must say since those 2 days it has not come back (yet again).

So maybe premiere was doing things ?

• Zitat

Original von SadButTrue

to premiere issue i never have had such a problem witch cam du you use?

@ SadButTrue:

Hello,

I,m not using any cam in my 7025. Every few minutes, the sound stops for a short time, the signal-indicator on my receiver indicates "no signal". It's the same with all kind of signal, mpeg, dd2.0 and dd5.1 and on ALL channels, but ONLY on optical (digital) out, the sound over analog-out (Scart/Chinch) is ok.

This problem dosen't exist while playing back recorded files from HDD, it's only while live-tv, timeshifting not used (tested) yet.

The connection DM7025/AV-Receiver and the Sat-Signal is ok, about 96% SNR, no BER's and no DECT-Interferences (Pro7/Sat1-Problem).

Neither the 7000 nor the 7020, connected with the same Toshlink-Cable to the same input on my Yamaha RX-V650@RDS have this problems.

It's definitiv not fixed yet; im' using the last original image from 29.04.2006 and the latest downloadable updates, all packages are up to date (last updated yesterday). :frowning_face:

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von squaker ()

• I have the same problem here using also the lastest image. I've tested various different images but it is all the same including the lastest DMM built.
    When I have normal stereo sound via optical I have the also the hickups. This is very anoying.
    When I have AC3 5.1 sound the AV receiver send me the message "No Signal". Very soon the signal comes back.
    This was tested on Premiere Sport with AlphaCrypt, Sat 1, ProSieben...
    In an previous Image this problem wasn't there.
    Can anyone help? I tried different cable to sort out if the cable is the problem but no sucess.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von malojo ()

• is schon toll das die alten sachen immer und immer wieder gepostet werden obwohl schon ein paar posts weiter oben steht das das mit den neuen treibern schon gefixt ist....

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• Hi.

Sorry, aber das kam so rüber als wenn es schon mal gefixt wurde und es immer noch nicht geht. Hab ich falsch verstanden. Bitte nicht hauen :loudly_crying_face:

• Hallo SadButTrue,

was meinst Du mit aktuellen Treibern?
    Haben wir die schon im aktuellen Image vom 29.04 von DMM oder werden wir die erst in einem der kommenden Images haben?

Bei meiner 7025 ist jedenfalls das Problem zur Zeit nicht zu fixen.
    Weder mit dem Original Image DMM vom 29.04 noch mit Anderem150 plus vorhandenen updates.

Mit älteren Images, z.B. DMM vom 24.03.2006 oder Anderem140 plus alle verfügbaren updates, hatte ich das Problem nicht!

Es ist also irgendwann mit Änderungen nach dem März Image erst entstanden. So zeigt es sich jedenfalls auf meiner Box.

Die Daten meiner Box, siehe Bild...

Gruss, Dieter

• es gibt kein image mit den ganz aktuellen treiber - selbst bei meinem von gestern ist noch eine vorgängervers. drinne...

werd aber heute sofern ich erlaubnis erhalte mal die neue einbaun und euch zum "frass" vorwerfen :smiling_face:

• Hy,

sind die neuen Treiber schon in irgendeinem CVS oder DMM Image vorhanden?
    Habe auch das Problem mit dem "hickups".

TNe

1x 8000 SSST, 1x DM500HD, 90cm (13°/19,2°/23,5)