Turning ROTOR failed

• Dear dream-multimedia,

I have a persistent problem with the last images (based on the CVS)

symptoms: Where I try to select an other satellite the rotor turn, but enigma keeps on reporting the rotor is turning, and no image is shown, after a time-out I get the message: TUNE FAILED

My config is following:
    - DM 7025
    - Tuner A: Rotor
    - Tuner B: Second cable of motorized LNB

As I read at several other forums I'm not to only one with this problem. And image makers are telling me I have to report it the the official dream multimedia boad.

Images as before march do not have the symptoms.

When I use the "Loop true TUNER A" as setting for TUNER B the rotor turns and everything went well.
    The only 'normal' issue with this workaround is that the box only wants to select channels on the same transponder. So this is an issue if I want to record something on 2 different transponders.

Can a developer give us an answer:

The same problem is described here: (but no answer found)

Tune Failed
    AND
    !!!! Tune Failed !!!!

• I just wanted to let the devs know, that this bug has NOT been solved yet. (tested VDEV 29-05-2007).

Cheers,

Michel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von michel72 ()

• We are still testing. Some say it's working fine now. Some have a rock-steady rotor now.

I will keep you updated!

Thanks Ghost!

Michel

• There are lots of improvements in new images comparing to old ones, but images can not be used because of problems with tuners and rotor.

hw setup:
    tuner a: dvb-s
    tuner b: dvb-t or dvb-c (two boxes both have same problems)
    motor: stab hh-100

problems:
    1. When setting up motor positions signal meters won't show correct values after turning motor. I have to go back to watch channel and then come back to turn motor. This need to repeated every time when motor is turned in motor setup. Since I allready have found correct positions this is not problem for me anymore, but it still exist.

2. When changing from satellite to another I will get error message "tuning failed" and then after few moments I will get picture. So motor is turning, but error message is shown almost every time when changing from satellite to another.

3. When changing from satellite to another motor is turning fine, but tuner is not tuned. I have to wait about 1 minute to get picture. Workaround for this has been change to another channel and then back and tuner is tuned. Same problem can also happen when changing from tuner b (dvb-t/dvb-c) to tuner a (dvb-s). This problem exist with new images quite commonly. I don't have this problem with image from january 2007.

So I would say that problems with motor is not solved, it has been got worse.

When using new images without motor configuration these problems does not exist.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tequ69 ()

• Hi!.

Cant say I have seen these "problems" lately. Using Image OE1.5 compiled 03-08-2007. My setup:

tuner a: dvb-s
    tuner b: dvb-t
    motor: stab hh-100

My rotor is also "Rock Steady", as stated in this thread.

Gaj1

Regards: Gaj1
    Dreambox 7025ST+/ 800 HD-PVR mit Motor und warte auf die DM8000 :smiling_face:

• tequ69

I also had the problem with the Stab HH 100 and the "Tuning failed". I had contact with ghost (in a german language topic) and he changed something in the setup of the rotor. Now you can select the rotor milliAmperes in the simple rotor configuration. I had the problem, that in no case the "rotor turn" picture was shown. Ghost told me, that the Stab takes very low power and I should use a value below 40 mA. I checked this and I get good results, when I use a value between 35 mA and 25 mA. From now on, the "Tuning failed" no longer occurs, it takes about 3-5 seconds, where the signal goes low, then I see the "dish graphics" blinking for a few seconds (depending from what sat to what sat you turn) and then the picture is there. Stab rotors are the slowest I' ve ever seen).

I hope, this will help you. Another tip, use the Oozoon Images, with this you're always up to date, because Oozoon brings all CVS changes mostly in one day update ranges.

Regards

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

• Zitat

Originally posted by peter999
    Ghost told me, that the Stab takes very low power and I should use a value below 40 mA. I checked this and I get good results, when I use a value between 35 mA and 25 mA. From now on, the "Tuning failed" no longer occurs, it takes about 3-5 seconds, where the signal goes low, then I see the "dish graphics" blinking for a few seconds (depending from what sat to what sat you turn) and then the picture is there. Stab rotors are the slowest I' ve ever seen).

I hope, this will help you. Another tip, use the Oozoon Images, with this you're always up to date, because Oozoon brings all CVS changes mostly in one day update ranges.

Regards

Thanks,

I have now newest OoZooN image in use and I have to say that in genrally problems are smaller. However I have still same kind of problem that I described earlier. I have been thinking what could be the reason, but I only get headache :smiling_face:

I'm wondering where this mA adjusting should be. I can found one value from motor setup screen, but it makes me feel that it's not correct place. It was 50 mA by the default and I tried to adjust it smaller value without huge success.

Could I do something in Satellite Equipment Control screen to fix this problem?

Now, I feel the problem occurs only when changing polarisation at the same time when changing satellite.

If changing polarisation on same satellite there is no problem.
    If changing satellite and channel with same polarity then tuner will tuned fine without any problems.

--- Probably huge improvment, I updated with latest update 22-09 and currently no problems at all.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tequ69 ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by tequ69

[...]
    I'm wondering where this mA adjusting should be. I can found one value from motor setup screen, but it makes me feel that it's not correct place. It was 50 mA by the default and I tried to adjust it smaller value without huge success.

[...]

That's the right place. With 50mA I had the dish occasionally "flying" past the actual sat and then not been able to lock onto it.

As stated previously, it works without any hitches using either 40mA or 35mA (have the latter set currently).

Still get the "Tune Failed" if moving from e.g. 28.2E to 19.2E (not that it bothers me) but then goes onto lock onto the appopriate sat. I believe this is probably a hard-coded timeout messgae i.e. after x secs.

Edit : Stab motor.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PDM ()

• First I was thinking that everything is fine now, but no - problem still exist.
    Problem is when zapping to channel which change polarisation and satellite at same time. In that case tuner or lnb is not tuned until change of channel to same polarisation as zap started from. So if now watching vertical channel and zapping to another channel on another satellite it should be also vertical channel to get picture within few seconds. Funniest is, if you do change channel within same satellite. Then there is no matter which polarisation channel has, it will always tuned within 1-2 seconds. How about "satellite quipment setup" do you have knowledge of "tuning" those parameters?

Currently running OoZooN CVS with latest updates.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tequ69 ()