Deleting , Editing & Renaming Channels

• Hi , ppl please advice how to delete , edit and rename channels I can not find any information written in the user manual provided with the dreambox 7025 can anybody who owns this receiver tell me how to do that because even on the remote control does not show any buttons for delete , edit and rename .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A.M.AL-MADHI

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks murray for reply

Adding channels to Favourites ( blue ) by pressing menu button and selecting ( add service to favourites ) it will add channels to favourites list . But when you go to Favourites List and highlight the channel I want to delete by pressing Menu a sub-menu comes with four selections :-
    1 - add serivce to favourites
    2 - remove service
    3 - enable move mode
    4 - enable favourite edit

By selecting # 2 remove service it will remove channels from the favourites list only But not from the main list still the channels there I need to delete them from the main list . Please advice

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A.M.AL-MADHI

• I had trouble with that at first too. I'm no expert but it seems that the main list (the All list) is everything the DB scans for, on all accessible satellites, in one huge list. What you work with from day to day is the Favourites list, and what's in there is what you put in there, from the main (All) list.( However, I don't know if renaming them is possible anywhere.) It's a good system, because it lets you work with a manageable channel list, more so if you've enabled Bouquets so you can subdivide the Favourites list.

Hope this helps.

• Zitat

Originally posted by floh

That's not possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again floh for reply

You said " That is not possible " How come this receiver does not have a delete function all satellite receivers I have used before such as Humax 5400, Humax PVR 8000 , Echostar 3600 , Kaon KVR 1000 plus , Even the cheap chineese receivers all these receivers have delete function , I wonder how come this Dreambox 7025 which more advanceed with 300 MHz MIPS Processor which I consider it a computerized machine does not have delete function . Please give your comments on the subject .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A.M.AL-MADHI

• Zitat

Original von al_madhi
    How come this receiver does not have a delete function all satellite receivers I have used before such as Humax 5400, Humax PVR 8000 , Echostar 3600 , Kaon KVR 1000 plus , Even the cheap chineese receivers all these receivers have delete function ,

It's wether a Humax nor a Kaon.
    It's a Dreambox with all its advantages and disadvantages.

cu

floh

• Zitat

Originally posted by maxl
    that is a "feature" :grinning_squinting_face: - if you delete a channel (e.g. in Dreamboxedit) in the main list it will appear again if you zapp to a channel on the same transponder - so you automaticaly get new channels without searching :winking_face:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks maxl for reply

You said " if you delete a channel " You can not delete channels in this receiver - only remove channels from favourites list and they remain in the main list . I need to delete them completely from the main list .

What is the use of staking unwanted channels in the main list

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A.M.AL-MADHI

• but sometimes channels are aded to wrong satellite folder by "autoservices update"
    bug fixes/features request dm500
    and after that any position on diseqswich are reachable