Picon from pc to cm 920

• I'm sorry

I would like to move the folder of the picon on hdd or a usb stick that is attached to the dm 920 but I can not change the path (I only work if I put them in usr / share / .........) there is possibility to do it ?? (I like to keep the memory of the free receiver and it is a 35MB folder). thank you so much
    and sorry again if I had written in Italian before ( dm920 original image )

• Hi Teto.71mo,

if the problem still does not resolve, most Enigma2 firmwares looks for picons in multiple places. I do not know what the Dreambox firmware does, but I think so. From the OpenATV code on GitHub, it is obvious this picon path:

/media/hdd/XPicons/picon
    /media/usb/XPicons/picon
    /usr/share/enigma2/XPicons/picon
    /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    /media/usb/picon
    /media/hdd/picon

In your case, an external HDD or USB storage device will either be plugged into "/media/hdd" or into "/media/usb" and you will be completing the path yourself depending on where the external memory device is mounted. Basically, just create a "picon" folder in the root folder of the external disk and move the picons to it. Reboot. Done. ;-)

• Wenn man im Original Image in der Kanallisteneinstellung den Piconpfad
    /data/picon_50x30 auswählt wird trozdem die Größe von „picon“ angezeigt .
    Um die picon_50x30 anzeigen lassen muss man ein symlink setzten .
    Im Merlin Image funktioniert das so wie es soll .
    Wenn das nicht so ein auffand ist wäre es schön wenn das mal gefixt wird . ;)

Vielen Dank

Frohe Weihnachten

• Creating a symbolic link on a folder in an external hard disk (example):

Shell-Script
    1. external_dir=/media/hdd/picon # variable with a external dir (/media/usb/picon or /mnt/usb/picon , etc.)
    2. mkdir $external_dir # make the new directory on external disk
    3. mv /usr/share/enigma2/picon/* $external_dir # move all picons from SKIN directory into new directory
    4. rmdir /usr/share/enigma2/picon # delete the empty picons directory
    5. ln -sf $external_dir /usr/share/enigma2 # create the sym-link to new directory
    6. reboot

Return to original state (without symbolic link):

Shell-Script
    1. unlink /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    2. mkdir /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    3. mv /media/hdd/picon/* /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    4. reboot