FullHD Support der DM520

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's HIGHLY adviseable to always use indexed palettes or at least reduce it as much as possible.

An image with only one color would essentially only require 1/32 of the space the 32 bit image uses (that's not entirely true but it's the rough dimension).
    And as dhwz said, the number of colors actually used doesn't make a difference.
    A 32 bit pixel always uses 32bits for color information (ususally it's "RGBA 8888").

Especially on the dm520 that makes a huge difference.

• no animation, 1 image with one color should not block the decoder, otherwise it would be correct to say that the image does not support skins fullhd. But even this is false because the oozoon image based on the same version of cvs, it works correctly.

• An image with only one color would essentially only require 1/32 of the space the 32 bit image uses (that's not entirely true but it's the rough dimension).
    And as dhwz said, the number of colors actually used doesn't make a difference.
    A 32 bit pixel always uses 32bits for color information (ususally it's "RGBA 8888").

Especially on the dm520 that makes a huge difference.

certainly, do not discuss the allocation memory of an image that has one color or 16/256 or 4/8 bits, mine was just an example to say that the image is scaled to the minimum resolutions only 1 and involves this problem, but the thing that i understand less is because other images based on the same version of cvs do not have this problem. it would be enough just to prove that i reported to detect what i write.

• So the question is that the new dmm520 really can not support skin fullhd that are support by decoder with 128/256k of memory ??
    I really hope that this is not the correct answer.

• ich habe das Gefühl, dass wieder einmal unbedingt das Haar in der Suppe gefunden werden muss.

• Kann mir jemand BITTE zum Testen so einen killer skin mod hochladen mit so einem png welches das VideRAM der 520 zum platzen bringt AUSSER in OoZooN's image.

Ich habe nämlich so eine Vermutung was die geheime Zutat angeht ... und nein ich bin nicht der Vater vom Kung Fu Panda ... :grinning_squinting_face:

Ein simples tar oder zip des Skin directories reicht mir, es ist kein *.deb nötig.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Ok guys, to complete this thread:
    I flashed the last CSV and I did a software update, and updated many packages.
    Finally, now the skin 1920 works correctly.

PS***
    I'm sorry it could not respond to friends who speak German I dn't understand :frowning_face:

• I just asked for an example of a skin modded the way you proposed, with a full screen main png for testing, if my assumption on OoZooNs secret ingredient is correct.

But if everything is now OK, then there is no need for that magic anymore :grinning_squinting_face:

• I just asked for an example of a skin modded the way you proposed, with a full screen main png for testing, if my assumption on OoZooNs secret ingredient is correct.

But if everything is now OK, then there is no need for that magic anymore :grinning_squinting_face:

Hi gute
    I creating a new skin a few months ago, and i had the problem that described. was not a problem of my skin, because i found that it appeared with a unique pic included
    in the menu of default skin dmm, (we are many to have him found)

I tried different images than the cvs, like Gemini and dream elite . These two had the same problem, while the OzOon worked regularly.

I repeat, I have encountered this problem a few months ago, while in oozoon has always worked.

For this reason I have asked in the forum oozoon if they had done some operation kung-fu-panda type :smiling_face:

I also asked in this thread the same question.

Today after yet another flash of 520 and a software update finally the problem is also solved in the cvs.

bye

• Well, then as I said already there is no need anymore for telling you the secret :thumbs_up:

Technically you know it already BTW ... that a single screwed image can kill the show ... :grinning_squinting_face: