Dream Multimedia Repair Service Why is phone customer service so bad ?

• So my DM 8000 would not boot anymore; I ended up getting an RMA and sent it to DM for repair, it turns out the simcard reader was bad, took about six weeks and I received via Email an invoice for 58.31 Euros.
    No complaints there except for the very long response time.

Now the fun starts, the invoice payment terms say :

Thank you for your request,you find our offer below.If you want to accept the offer,please send the amount by bank transfer to Dream
    Multimedia GmbH,bank account 665430501, bank code 44070024 Deutsche Bank,BIC: DEUTDEDB440//IBAN DE45 4407 0024 0665 4305
    01 .- Please quote the number of the offer and your name.Alternatively you may as well choose UPS COD ( cash on delivery),freight and
    costs for COD are on our expense

Note the UPS COD option; I emailed back asking if credit cards or paypal are an option, received an answer a few days later, no, only wire transfer.
    I set up the wire transfer to send 58.31 Euros, it cost almost as much in fees effectively doubling the cost. Why so little care for the users, it would take zero effort to allow credit cards or PayPal.

The best part, after sending the wire, I can't get anyone to acknowledge the wire receipt and provide a shipping date.
    I tired calling the number on my invoice, no one answers, I tried calling the main number numerous times, impossible to get through.
    Very disappointing, I would think DM would provide better customer service to retain customers and get new ones.

If anyone from DM actually reads this forum, it is offer # 2015-300187, please remedy.

• I don't know where you are located but transfers within Europe done as a SEPA payment cost a few cents only and are superfast.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• I have to correct dre: SEPA transfers are completely free. Only if your country's currency is not the Euro, you are dependent on the (probably expensive) exchange rate that your bank chooses.
    And regarding the phone call: Maybe you called on a German public holiday (last week friday, 1st of May) or outside of office hours (typically 10:00 - 17:00 CEST)?

Just some thoughts by another DMM customer :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• I have to correct dre: SEPA transfers are completely free. Only if your country's currency is not the Euro, you are dependent on the (probably expensive) exchange rate that your bank chooses.
    And regarding the phone call: Maybe you called on a German public holiday (last week friday, 1st of May) or outside of office hours (typically 10:00 - 17:00 CEST)?

Maybe they should be, but not all banks adhere to this rule.

Thank you all for your answers, I am located in SE Asia, a major pain.
    Never the less, DM's business is world wide and they should think of their other than European customers.
    I did the wire transfer via my US based bank and still cost a fortune. To do it form here it would have been prohibitive; may be 300% over cost !!
    Meanwhile I still do not have a clue where is my box or if my payment was processed.

Best regrads

• I did the wire transfer via my US based bank and still cost a fortune. To do it form here it would have been prohibitive; may be 300% over cost !!

I understand you're upset, but you shouldn't blame Dream Multimedia for that since it's your bank that choose to charge you so much. Usually in Germany when you transfer money to a country that is not part of the Euro, they'd charge you between 10 and 20 Euro per transaction. Maybe contacting a local distributor in Asia instead would be the better option next time?

• I understand you're upset, but you shouldn't blame Dream Multimedia for that since it's your bank that choose to charge you so much. Usually in Germany when you transfer money to a country that is not part of the Euro, they'd charge you between 10 and 20 Euro per transaction. Maybe contacting a local distributor in Asia instead would be the better option next time?

If showed this lack of consideration and understanding to my customers, in my business; I would have no customers left.
    I don't blame anyone; we all make our choices and live with the consequences.
    The drama ended today when I received another Email informing me the box is finished and shipping,