DD+ on dreambox

• please stop exaggerating! this is a problem with spanisch providers. there are more countries in Europe and they don't use DD+.

This is not true, it is also used in France

Zitat

TNT is the first service to implement Dolby Digital Plus as an audio codec on its High-Definition channels. Viewers have to buy a TV set (or set-top box) that supports both MPEG-4 H.264 and DD+ to enjoy HD channels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_in_France

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von juan_1024 ()

• Are we now having an 'AIDS is only a gay community problem' disucssion ?

My personal problem is that complaining doesn't do any good and I normally stay away of such discussions.

Especially if people are just getting dung forks and flares instead of getting their shovels and start digging.

I'm old enough so that I still remember the EPG Italy fun we had some time ago, which was also a big market for DMM.

And Broadcom Chip designers are no dumb asses either, all their current chips support DD+ as the standard is now around since quite some time.

But not every problem is black and white - otherwise shades of grey would not have been such a big success :smiling_face:

• In this forum all the people are very quiet. Like the problem not affects to you, only affects to spanish people. If the problem would affect you, you would like us, or even worse.

Gentlemen, we can not to see our subscription HD channels. I have 2 DM800SE and I paid 400€ for each one ... :frowning_face:

• You got a receiver with your subscription - USE it.

And you still are not understanding that you probably have to help yourself and should stop crying as people are not even willing to answer my simple question if stereo sound would be better then no sound.

• Hi. I'm a Dream Multimedia user. From a DM7000 which in this moment have my father, a 7020 which have my brother to a DM8000 which is my home.

Digital + is emitting with DD+ codec. It seems that this type of sound will be a standard in Digital +. Our Dream Multimedia decoders doesn't play this type of encoding. I hope you can help us.

Best regards

• Again and again and again: No current Dreambox currently supports AC3+ or DD+.
    This fact is known since 2009 and did not change since then.

You don't like that fact? Then buy another box that supports this... There is no other possibility at the moment.
    Will Goliath have this feature? I'm quite sure it will, but noone really knows yet...

DMM simply doesn't have the right broadcom software for the chips. The software somehow depends on licenses, and that was the problem when this first arised.

As it was never adverticed that any box will support this feature, you can not claim this feature.

I think it would be massive costs for DMM to buy the missing licenses for all the boxes that are already sold...

Sorry to say: You probably have to abandon your boxes... But stop spamming this forum over and over again as here is NOBODY that can help you.
    Open a ticket, if this is so important for you. But stop spamming / ranting / trolling.

Just my humble opinion...

• as people are not even willing to answer my simple question if stereo sound would be better then no sound.

i just dont know ... why u dont answer gutemine...

gutemine is magic if u need a quick (and maybe dirty) solution for a problem ... and gutemine is still around ...

maybe asking gutemine is better then flame around....

greets axxel

• You got a receiver with your subscription - USE it.

And you still are not understanding that you probably have to help yourself and should stop crying as people are not even willing to answer my simple question if stereo sound would be better then no sound.

it's a shame that my subscription receiver plays audio DD + and my DM800SE receiver over 400€ not... :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

• We KNOW what you think about it, you told us over and over and over and over and over again.

But if you buy a 50.000€ car and it does not have an adaptive cruise control, then it simply does not have it - no matter how expensive the car was...

You bought an 400€ receiver without this feature... This is your own fault... You could have KNOWN that this feature is not available (as everyone else knows since 2009)
    Don't blame DMM for your lag of information...

And stop writing the same thing all over the board... I am boared to read this... Everyone her KNOWS know, what you wanted to say. no need to ever repeat it again...

• it's a shame that my subscription receiver plays audio DD + and my DM800SE receiver over 400€ not... :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

Thats the only reason why your provider uses E-AC-3, they try to force the customers to use the providers hardware. E-AC-3 has no advantages compared to AC-3.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• Thats the only reason why your provider uses E-AC-3, they try to force the customers to use the providers hardware. E-AC-3 has no advantages compared to AC-3.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. The 99.9% of the brands of receivers plays AC3+ receivers with no problem... For this reason, we believe that if Dream Multimedia does not fix this, his sales in Europe fall considerably...

• 99.9%? Hahahaha...

Sorry but thats a lie, almost every hardware older than mid 2010 doesn't even recognize E-AC-3 (e.g. Humax, Technisat), only some newer models support it but not all new products.

And again you can't request a feature which wasn't even available 4 years ago, tell me another brand which is still releasing updates for a 4 years old STB.
    Nevertheless it will be available for new hardware for sure...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• 99.9%? Hahahaha...

Sorry but thats a lie, almost every hardware older than mid 2010 (thats the date when E-AC-3 was the first time standardized by the DVB consortium) doesn't even recognize E-AC-3 (e.g. Humax, Technisat), only some newer models support it but all new products.

And again you can't request a feature which wasn't even available 4 years ago, tell me another brand which is still releasing updates for a 4 years old STB.
    Nevertheless it will be available for new hardware for sure...

Tecnhisat and Humax aren't competence with Dream Multimedia. I mean brands like Vu, Gigablue, etc, etc.

• I vote for a sticky.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• What the hell are you talking about??!! About competence of VU and so on??? Where the hell do you see competence to such brands?

Damn, last one, bye that cheaper sh** with DD+ functionality or open a rma ticket, don't spam this board and spite us!!!

Plz stop the damn spam storm, now!!!

• What the hell are you talking about??!! About competence of VU and so on??? Where the hell do you see competence to such brands?

Damn, last one, bye that cheaper sh** with DD+ functionality or open a rma ticket, don't spam this board and spite us!!!

I vote for a second sticky.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

Dream Multimedia does not even bother to answer the tickets and inform their customers... I send 3 emails, and none have received a reply...