DD+ on dreambox

• I think it will be the end of Dreambox brand.

I have 2 and at the end of the Year if the problem will not be solved, i will sell them and buy another brand of receivers.

I'm not Spanish and in my opinion not only spanish people will not buy DM.
    I think everyone (as I), will avoid buying DM brand.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cleaned up.
    Please, if you don't have anything to say about the topic, leave it be.

As for the question. There is no news, I am sorry. Asking is ok but we can't say anything new here.

Thank you.

p.s. Please stop now, I will clean up here and delete your repetitions!

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• A simple question - would giving out DD+ as plain Stereo be a violation of the License ?

Because this are multiple problems, as technical one, a license one, a legal one, a usability one,...

• You will need a decoder for converting DolbyDigital Plus into stereo sound. As far as I know, there is no free decoder for unix-systems (liba52 only supports DolbyDigital, not the "Plus"-variant).

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• I have the personal experience that sometimes ignoring parts or a problem and solving all other parts can have amazing effects.

I build recently the firs ubifs extraction tool on this Planet just by ignoring the complexity until it was done.

And better bad sount then no sound ....

• A simple question - would giving out DD+ as plain Stereo be a violation of the License ?

Because this are multiple problems, as technical one, a license one, a legal one, a usability one,...

Hi Gutemine. Thnks for your interest. Really all dreambox users in spain are concerned for this. We spent a lot of money to buy a dreambox receiver. Really I allways defended dreambox, great receivers, great support, guaranteed quality. So strange this passivity to the problem we have many users in Spain.

If I understand correctly you say thant we could transcode de DD+ to another codec available in dreambox? Thnx and regards.

• I have the personal experience that sometimes ignoring parts or a problem and solving all other parts can have amazing effects.

I build recently the firs ubifs extraction tool on this Planet just by ignoring the complexity until it was done.

And better bad sount then no sound ....

Ok. I understand you. Perhaps you can help us? Thx

• DD has good lawyers, so hacking something will not get anybody fortune and fame.

But if you can argue that you only produce stereo out of the data without the need to license their algo the legal argument maybe would dissapear.

And there is some compatibilty to standard DD in their stream which means the chance is not 0 that this would be possible in Software which is then not transcoding.

But this was only a question, NOT an offer for help.

This is a little bit like Rubiks cube - of you don't start turning you will never solve the puzzle.

But I'm fully aware that ramming a concrete wall multiply doesn' get you a working car.

• What does mean this answer? Dream multimedia it's working to solve this problem? Or never will work DD+ on dreambox?

As for the question. There is no news, I am sorry. Asking is ok but we can't say anything new here.

• Ok. No problem. One last question. I would like to know which is the guilty file that mades the DDP off in my dreambox. Thx

• Dream Multimedia will not solve this problem, since it is not a new problem, a problem which appeared in 2009. If in four years have not solved the problem, do not think it will solve now.

Spain provider will change all his HD channels to DD+ in a short time. I think maybe it would be better leave Dreambox and buy another brand (Vu, Gigablue ...).

• Dream Multimedia will not solve this problem, since it is not a new problem, a problem which appeared in 2009. If in four years have not solved the problem, do not think it will solve now.

Spain provider will change all his HD channels to DD+ in a short time. I think maybe it would be better leave Dreambox and buy another brand (Vu, Gigablue ...).

You have 100% reason....

• como no solucionen el problema ya se pueden olvidar de su mercado en europa.

Dream Multimedia will not solve this problem with Dolby Digital Plus license. They are a big problem looming, because the change of audio to DD+ now is in Spain (Digital+), but it's more possible that this change also made others providers soon...

I can not even understand how Dream Multimedia (the best brand on the market according to man) may take four years without solving this problem and that does not even have the certainty that it will solve...

• please stop exaggerating! this is a problem with spanisch providers. there are more countries in Europe and they don't use DD+.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• please stop exaggerating! this is a problem with spanisch providers. there are more countries in Europe and they don't use DD+.

soon this change will affect all European providers... time to time...