Dreambox Goliath, what can we expect?

• Hello Dreambox users.
    I discover that a forum search to Goliath doesn't give any result.
    Since I’m a bit curious what we can expect, i start this topic. Just to have a place to discuss with interested people all the info we found on the net about Goliath.

I found:
    -This on the official Dreambox website.
    -The official presentation video (mkv). (youtube link)
    -This on a none official blog.
    -Youtube search results for Dreambox Goliath.
    I'm interested in collecting as much -prefer official- info about this new Dream Multimedia device. Especially technical specifications, like video output type, audio output type.

Also when i see the new development of for example cable company settop boxes, like here in The Netherlands the "UPC Horizon", then i discover that it supports lots of newer techniques to limit user experience. I mean things like CI+ (youtube link) and HD+ (youtube link) . I really hope Dream Multimedia doesn't start with those user limitations.

So who knows more sources about the Dreambox Goliath project? I'm so curious. :winking_face_with_tongue:
    I thought in this period of the year the Goliath came to the stores.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• Here a great quote of the none official Dreambox blog :

Zitat

But as much as I know, I guess that the new device will not be
    closed source — it probably will end up in something similar to the
    current OE 2.0 image policy.
    And i definetly know that Goliath will not support CI+ and any other DRM/limitation system!

If this is true, then Goliath is a GO(I want it) for me :thumbs_up:
    Curious if Goliath support softcams :grinning_squinting_face:

• What are YOU expecting - should DMM post the Hardware specs and the sourcecode ???

• A bit early for source code don't you agree?
    But what about audio & video outputs or codec support on hardware level. Is it ready for the 4k HD resolution, or does it support BluRay quality(4 example DTS-HD master audio). Does it have a optical drive, and if so is it a Bluray one? You know just curiosity. No need for giving info that could be a risk for say company security(keep cloners away).

• This is like asking what breast size our new girl friend will have - and you have not even met here yet...

Nice game, but pretty useless :smiling_face:

• I'm pretty sure that Goliath will be sold at least more then once ...

• ... no, and when you can expect to go on sale?

dm7080= DVB-T + DVB-C + Card NC+ + Cam CP + FTA
    /Maximum E85/Corab80/Maximum E85=46/45-42-39-33/31-28-23-19-16-13-9-7-5-1-4/5

• Hello Dream Multimedia, this posting is for you!

If you're starting the mass fabrication of the Goliath, then STOP!

I read an article about new development that will arrive in a few years(like 2015).
    So If you really want to create a mega settopbox with the name Goliath, then my question is, does it support these new developments:

-New 3D standard : Advanced Stereo 3D (no more 2x screen split left and right on HD 1080p, but full resolution in 4k/8k without glasses) :winking_face_with_tongue:
    -New DVB-s standard: DVB-S3 (very important, they say it'll start in 2015) :thumbs_up:
    -New video codec for 4k & 8k : h265 HEVC (high efficiency video coding) used by DVB-S3 for the 4k resolution TV channels :thumbs_up:

I really think this is a minimum to added to the future Goliath settopbox/mediacenter/computer..
    At sat position 10.0 E 11304H there are already 4 Ultra HD channels testing with 4K.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• If you're starting the mass fabrication of the Goliath, then STOP!

You must be kidding. Who will send in 4k dvb-s3 ... whatever?
    It took several years from standartisation to the first commercial broadcasters to support HD.
    You can use the same arguments to *never* develop a new stb - there will always be something new coming ' somewhere down the road...

• I dont think they will do that as they never got around to making a DVB-T2 tuner for their flagship model the DM8000 even though thats the standard adopted in some european countries for HD terrstrial broadcasts.

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• If you're starting the mass fabrication of the Goliath, then STOP!

You must be kidding. Who will send in 4k dvb-s3 ... whatever?
    It took several years from standartisation to the first commercial broadcasters to support HD.
    You can use the same arguments to *never* develop a new stb - there will always be something new coming ' somewhere down the road...

Ok, I must admit, a bit funny to say stop. :kissing_face:
    But i think you're a bit outdated in what happens these days. :winking_face_with_tongue:

Yesterday h265 is accepted by ITU :

Eutelsat W3A , AsiaSat 5, Amos-3, Intelsat already did successful testing with DVB-S3 :

Mitsubishi, Broadcom, Cyberlink, Ericsson en Fraunhofer HHI already implemented h265 in their hardware. So why not DMM Goliath? Really It seems logical that they start with DVB-S3 in 2015. (over 2 years already)
    I think DReamMultimedia can make a big step forward to the other Enigma2 receiver builders and clones by supporting DVB-S3 (16APSK & 32APSK included) and h265.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• You should read more carefully (because this was marketing speech aka. "Bla-Bla").
    Everything what would be a real "progress", like 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 or 3D Video, is yet still
    missing.
    "Showcased implementations" is also marketing speech for: a prototype is running
    "somehow", showing "somewhat" and it is necessary to do a lot of stuff in software,
    which should have been done in hardware for a mass production aka. a consumer
    product.

The last news about NS3, which is easily available via common search engines, is from
    may last year. NONE of these messages claims, that NS3 is agreed upon as DVB-S3.
    NovelSat, the proprietary inventor of NS3, is lobbying for its own broadcasting format
    as a new standard, but there is no qualified source, that this lobbying had any other
    success but the test of the EBU on some satellites for broadcaster transmissions.
    The "invention" in NS3 is a reduction of the roll off from 20 to 5 percent (comparable
    to the roll off reduction from 35 to 20 percent from DVB-S to DVB-S2). But it needs
    a real lot more processing power than DVB-S2 to provide this.

For me this reads more than marketing and lobby speech than anything "real"; not
    to speak of anything "ready to market".

Btw.
    It would have been nice, if you had provided the original links to your quoted stuff.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kenatonline ()

• This is like asking what breast size our new girl friend will have - and you have not even met here yet...

Nice game, but pretty useless :smiling_face:

lol, komischer vergleich. wenn ich dicke "dinger" mag hol ich mir dicke "dinger", wenn ich kleine mag hol ich mir kleine. Zuletzt gebe ich mich doch mit den "dingern" ab die ich halt bekomme da nicht immer die "dinger" entscheiden. Aber "dinger" die es auf der ganzen welt, in zich verschiedenen formen zur auswahl gibt, mit ner box zu vergleichen die es noch garnicht gibt ??

Erika Berger für Nerds

• Dr. Dish has a video on youtube about 'ANGA COM 2014'.
    Click here to view the video . AT 16min:20sec you see the Enigma2 manufactorers.

My question is: where is the Dreambox Goliath?
    Or should i ask: where is Dream Multimedia?