Bug low quality scart dreambox 7020HD when select hdmi in av configuration

• Hello everyone, I noticed a bug on enigma2 with dreambox 7020HD

if I select "HDMI" in the AV configurations, the quality is very poor
    via scart, if I select "scart" and confirm the scart you see very well

why selecting the hdmi, the scart going to lose quality?

fix this bug in the next version enigma2 , this problem is not normal for this decoder new and expensive

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

this is normal... when you select HDMI then you only get CVBS via Scart.

This is a HD STB. In normal case the HDMI Output is used.

But why you select HDMI when you would use Scart?

But how i said.. the only way to get RGB on Scart Output is to change Output mode to Scart... then HDMI is not working.

cu

• the scart socket, it is still important, is used for other terminals or repeaters av in other rooms, because it must be so neglected?

why the socket scart not stay in RGB when active hdmi ?
    if I select scart, quality hdmi turns off, but the quality of the scart improves, but remains some imperfection in video scart, with lots of dots in the background, which can be seen on a black background

dream multimedia why he neglected the quality of scart leads? currently it is still important

when active only scart on menu av configuration the port rgb dreambox 7020HD not have the same quality of old model dreambox 7020 no hd why ???

result of low quality with hdmi port, even the SD channels with low bit rate, why?

with no scart on old dreambox 7020 hd, sd channels with low bitrate, you could see perfectly

with port hdmi sd channels are seen with quality a bit low, most of the door scart dreambox 7020HD is not the same level as old dreambox 7020 no hd?

i attend you respond my question thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RoyalPains ()

• why the RGB scart does not have the same quality as RGB scart, the old dreambox 7020 no hd ?

when active only scart the quality is not really good as the old dreambox with scart why?

• this limit is only present in dm7020hd? or even in dreambox 8000 and dreambox 800hd se ??

• thanks, who respond me for this question why the RGB scart does not have the same quality as RGB scart, the old dreambox 7020 no hd ?

when active only scart the quality is not really good as the old dreambox with scart why?

thanks

• Can't attest to the validity of your statement. But again my best guess would be: While for the 7020 RGB Scart was the main output, for the 7020HD it is only a legacy connection. Given that you'd usually want to watch HDTV over a digital output on an HD receiver, putting much emphasis (during hardware development) on digital-to-analogue converters for a legacy output would be overkill and therefore financially unwise.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WilliamG ()

• Can't attest to the validity of your statement. But again my best guess would be: While for the 7020 RGB Scart was the main output, for the 7020HD it is only a legacy connection. Given that you'd usually want to watch HDTV over a digital output on an HD receiver, putting much emphasis (during hardware development) on digital-to-analogue converters for a legacy output would be overkill and therefore financially unwise.

I understand that the rgb scart connection is a connection rgb old but the connection had to be made good as the old dreambox, do not appreciate because it has been neglected, as well as in rgb