DLNA mediaserver functionality on the Dreambox/enigma2 ?.

• Hi Reichi,

just to clarify about my last post. I have got it working now. The upnp renderer is visible when I use a fix IP adress instead of DHCP,
    even if the router or Switch has been started after the dreambox has started.

Is it a long way to go for the picture player inside the renderer ?
    Can you give me a rough idea, when a first version could be tested ?

thanks & kind regards
    ThommyTheKid

• Hi,

you can try the demo renderer by installing:

Code
    enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-upnp

and

Code
    enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediarendererdemo

Hi Reichi,

that's exactly what I'm looking for!!!

some Questions:
    how to install that? from telnet? I'm not a linux freak so could you send a complete command line?
    Do I have to download anything? from Where?
    Does it work with newnigma2 also? Don't want to change firmware again...
    Can we write about this theme in german :upside_down_face:

Thank You so much!!! :thumbs_up:

• Hi,

I have installed it via telnet - don't know about newnigma2, but you need the new OE2.0 as a base in your flash!

1. download the ipks from www.dreamboxupdate.com (feeds - Experimental (opendreambox-2.0.0))
    2. put them to the box on any directory on the hard disk (ftp)
    3. install them by "opkg install <ipkname>"
    4. reboot the box
    5. when you install bubbleupnp on any android phone, you should be able to see a "UPNP" renderer named "DM8000"
    6. the current version will play videos and music - works great from bubbleupnp !!

enjoy

kind regards
    ThommyTheKid

• By the way... does the minidlna server work on your boxes as usual?
    I have the problem, that whenever I acces the upnp-folders, they are empty and the webinterface/database does not contain any media files.
    I added my mp3 and movie folders using the plugin configuration.

The database will be filled only when I start minidlna with option -R in the console. Everything is fine than., but after a reboot the database is empty again.
    And a re-scan does not start automatically.

I already deleted the /media/hdd/minidlna/ folder and the /etc/minidlna.conf file. I also removed the minidlna-lines from /etc/enigma2/settings.
    And reinstalled the minidlna plugin(s).

Unfortunately I could not find any resistant solution for that.

[Edit] Forgot to mention that I use the latest experimental image plus updates from DMM on a 8000 box.

• Just a guess into the blue.
    You configured the location of the database into /var (or another location
    which is temporary and gets recreated after each restart).

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• No, unfortunately not. The database will be created in the folder /media/hdd/minidlna/.
    I went through the usual suspects... a filesystem check was not the solution.

[Edit] Gonna try another storage location for the database on my external USB harddisc.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von deathrattle ()

• OK, that was really what i was waiting for, and what i was trying to get up my self but failed (coeherence...)
    So a big thank you to Reichi and possibly Homey for some preperation work !!!!
    I am also happy, that there now is somehow the decission to release some basic work than wait for full implementation.

For everyone interesed: Installed oe2 (take care: restore of settings from 1.6 did not work for me). All features i need (sky, some plugins...) work fine, but as it is a 8000 i did not have the hassle with space. Install the rendererdemo plugin - and voila music and basic video rendering works !!!

I still stick to my previous posts here that i am really happy to have this basic functionallity that hopefully was just a few days of work for somebody who knows what he is doing.
    BUT, of course this strange race of humans can simply hardly ever be happy with what they have but always want more:
    So this post is just to encourage DMM to continue on this very welcome road and also add some enigma2 integration (the use of the remote with volume, start stop next song... could be a step not too difficult but quite an impovement)

Again thx a lot, and pls post development here as there seem to be quite some people willing and capable of doing some testing and always enjoying improvements

• This sounds great. Hope you've found the reason for loosing the config as well.
    Will see as soon as the update is available.

Anyway, thanks for your work!!!

• Hi,
    die neuste Version des Renderers funktioniert bei mir auf der 8000 und der 800se nicht mehr,
    wenn ich das Erweiterungen-Menü öffne kommt die Meldung:

Einige Plugins sind nicht verfügbar:
    Demoplugins/Upnpmediarendererdemo(No module named MoviePlayer)

Gruß,

Achim

---
    ...it`s a dream...
    ---

• Offizieller Beitrag

oh das ist doof... da hab ich leider was vergessen :/.
    Vorübergehend ist das behhebbar wenn man die angehängteb Dateien (z.B. per ftp) nach

Code
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/DemoPlugins/UPnPMediaRendererDemo
  • Danke für den schnellen Workaround :smiling_face: Hast du schon einen Fix dazu eingecheckt, sodass das mit dem nächsten Update automatisch wieder geht?

so long
    m0rphU

• I am sorry to bother everyone but I have a small problem. I get a architecture error when installing. I have a dm800 with the latest gemini image. Is this not compatible with this plugin or what should I do to get this done? thanks for your quick reply :winking_face:

• There is no such a thing as "gemini image" anymore.
    If you REALLY have a gemini image, your firmware is hopelessly old and not supported here.
    Take a current OE 2.0 image from DMM and you will be able to use this stuff.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.