AVS+ Support Pls!

• I am a loyal fan of dreambox. And I bought dreambox 900 uhd as soon as it released at 5th Sept. It is really difficult to buy STB outside the chinese mainland, firstly chinese customs do not allow STB to pass through so I have to deceive the customs that it is a headphone, and secondly i have to pay 20% tax for it , the electronic product. The whole procedure take so long time, i got dm900 at 22nd Sept. eventually.
    However dreambox let me down when I tried to receive chinasat6A for mandarin channels. Nowadays, most channel on chinasat adopt AVS+ codec which is developed by chinese and have strong supports from the goverment. The trend is unstoppable and all channels on chinasat would adopt AVS+ sooner or later. The cpu chipset BCM7252SZBKFSBB3G, used in dreambox 900, support AVS+ codec well so i do not think it a difficulty to enable AVS+ support to dreambox 900uhd.
    Hopefully, could dmm team to solve this problem, or , release necessary interface/libraries for chinese developer to solve it ? I really like dreambox and do not wanna switch to another stb for mandarin channels.

• This is indeed the case!

The DM900 and DM525 are very good products,but there may be decoding defects (such as AVS+ coding), resulting in only sound no image, We hope DreamBox Team can fix this decoding problem quickly,thank you very much!

• don't spam the forum. It's enough to have one post where you request that.

EDiT: is it in anyway possible to get a license for AVS+ for a non-Chinese company when it is not even allowed to bring such products into the country? DMM has to buy licenses. The can't just illegally add support to it. They would be in big trouble.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Simply forget it.

This is NOT a problem.

This is NOT a bug.

And you are NOT a loyal fan.