DTS output is not working

• Hi guys,

I have created some mp4 transport streams with AC3 and also DTS.
    The AC3 audio is correctly output on the SPDIF output, but DTS is not working.

So this seems to be a bug. DTS should be output aswell on the SPDIF connector.

Would someone be able to have a look at this ?
    I could create a small TS sample with DTS inside if you like.

Thank you in advance,

H2Deetoo

• On which box do you test it ? DM800 HD ?

So far I know, the DM800 do NOT support DTS on SPDIF output !

sad, but DVB-S/S2 don't broadcast DTS sound, so the boxes also don't so ...

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()

• No Box is supporting DTS pass thru so far, even pass thru is not so easy to do, because the audio decoder must understand and process (this has nothing to do with decoding) the pakets, even for pass thru.

• Indeed I am using DM800 HD.

It is too bad that DTS pass-through is not so simple as I hoped ...
    I understand that it will be difficult to add.

I had hoped to use DM800 to playback all h264 content I have, including blueray backups.

What source file is responsible for SPDIF output?
    What information do you need to be able to have a decent look at it?

I know there are DTS to AC3 converter tools available, so the DTS audio protocol is "known".

Thanks,

H2Deetoo

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von H2Deetoo ()

• I am also interested to know if DTS-Passthrough will be supported one day maybe, or if there is some License-Trouble or whatever ...

Our Dreamboxes are getting more and more Multimedia Boxes with DVD/BluRay and mkv/h264 support and there is some stuff with DTS Sound then ...

Would be nice if we could hear sound from this stuff then (with an AV Receiver that can transcode and play DTS), only pic is annoying :grinning_squinting_face:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's in discussion but it's not clear whether it will be possible (technically)

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• yeah would be nice at least to know if DTS-Passthru is technically possible (hardware) and can be done with driver and/or softwareupdates.

Then we could have some hope at least :face_with_tongue:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

No DTS at the moment. We are hoping that passthrough will be possible but it's not shure, yet.
    Just don't believe anyone who's saying "it's definitely possible" or "it should be easy to implement" or "it's definetely not possible".

• I have examined the PS3 this supports DTS but when a movie is in a container file it only supports AC3, for some reason it only supports DTS when it is on a blueray disc or you convert the movie to AVCHD played form a disc or a USB drive. :confused_face:

I think this is VERY strange, is there anybody that have an idea for why this is the case.