Schlechtwetterbug(Dreambox hangs when signal is poor)

• Danke sehr!

My DreamBox fails to boot up with this new xilleon.ko . The bar in the LCD display freezes at about 2/3. That is about where the modeprop xilleon command is in the /etc/init.d/bootup .

I suspect we need to update some library files as well for this updated module to work.

Regards, Frits

• Zitat

Original von supimar
    Bitte sehr

Dieser xllieon.ko ist aus den Treibern vom 29.05 und is KEIN Fix für das prob.

Hab diese Xilleon.ko schon die ganze Zeit drauf und muss trotzdem neustarten bei Schlechtwetter.

mfg
    pupert

• Zitat

Original von SadButTrue

LOL ne md5sum reverse engeneering ich fall um...

dann ist ein onlineupdate ja ein hausbau oder?

du solltest wissen wie das gemeint ist. es geht um die informationspolitik bzgl. dieses problems.

2x 7025

• nur mal so hat jemand das slebige mal mit den treibern vom 29.05.2007 probiert - die stellen ja den letzten stand dar?!?

nul00000 stimmt die informationspolitik lässt stark zu wünschen übrig...

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• Zitat

Original von dcdead
    Lies mal den Beitrag von pupert :winking_face:

einer sagt garnix! weisst du ja am besten wenn dann sollten das mehr testen ned nur einer und wie immer nur ohne multibug/ba

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SadButTrue ()

• I have installed a recente build from CVS (see http://www.boxman-images.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1026 ). The problem is still there but it is less dominant.

My DVB-T reception is on the edge. With the official Dreambox image from 26-3-2007 it typically took a minute or so before the Dreambox would hang. With the new image it takes about an hour. A big improvement!

Actually my DVB-T reception is so poor that it anyhow does not make much fun watching it. (I still have analog cable as backup until a new DVB-T transmitter is placed in my city.)

Regards, Frits

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• Zitat

Original von mbenbah
    Me to i have no signal after tunderstorm or lot of rain.
    Also some times i get "SID not found in PAT" but after an reboot everythings ok.
    Also if the air is grey then the DM7025 give no live pictures anymore on TV screen but everything hangs. On off is the only selution.
    I use the latest firmware version 2.2 with FP 7.

I hope that there is an selution in the next firmware upgrade.

I confirm I have the same problem as benbah, after the "SID not found in PAT" on the screen, the dreambox spontanisly reboots his self.

I have a Enigma crashlog, I will send it to dream.

regards
    Nvl

• Here on [Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] lot of people have the same problem :confused_face:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Zitat

Original von mbenbah
    Here on [Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] lot of people have the same problem :confused_face:

So there is a moderator!!

Maybe he can give us some answers :winking_face:

• Can anybody please:

a.) make serial logs,

and

b.) make enigma logs? (telnet, "init 5", "enigma2")

All the crashlogs I got so far were *not* related to any bad reception.

• You can download from my website an MPEG file made of the RF output of my Dreambox (using a DVD recorder). See http://www.fwiarda.com/etc/dreambox/crash.mpg .

Travel Ch +1 is an FTA DVB-S channel.
    Travel Ch is an FTA DVB-S channel.
    Tele2/Voetbal 1 is an encrypted DVB-T channel.
    Canvas/Ketnet is an encrypted DVB-T channel.
    Een is an encrypted DVB-T channel.

I am using the official Dreambox rel.2.2 image from 26-3-2007. I use a Conax CI module with a KPN Digitenne smartcard. Normally I have disabled the official Dreambox dccam in /etc/init.d/bootup, to avoid crashes. For this experiment I have re-enabled it.

As you see it is realy a matter of minutes before I get a crash. When zapping around the crash usually comes sooner. However, if one has some more patience one gets the crash as well when staying tuned to one channel.

It is not a total crash, since one can still zap around. However, none of the channels will give any picture.

I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with the entitlement control messages getting corrupted and doing something strange with the CAM.

Regards, Frits

• Zitat

Original von fwiarda
    And here the serial log. There is nothing to see in it. It logs while booting. When I watch TV it logs nothing and when the picture freezes it doesn't log anything either.

Regards, Frits

you have to enable the "Change Kernel Commandline" in the dreambox so that the loaded kernel gets the parameters "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock3 rootfstype=jffs2 rw". otherwise the bootlog stops too early like yours. (when using a cf card you have to modify the root=/dev/????? parameter too). but if your box isnt freezing and the shell is usable the dmesg command does the same job for the last kernel messages that fit in kernel buffer.

2x 7025

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nul00000 ()

• So hab jetzt die neuen Treiber vom 29.06.07 drauf und bekomme auf fast allen Sendern die auf Eutelsat 13.0 Grad liegen entweder "Tune Failed" od. "Kanal nicht gefunden".
    Musste aber die Box nicht neustarten, nach umschalten kam wieder Bild. Die BER rate ist auch höher als mit den alten Treibern.

FAZIT:
    Jetzt brauchts kein Schlechtwetter mehr denn die BER Rate ist jetzt Standart auf vielen Hotbird Sender, aber zumindest musste ich die Box nicht neustarten nach "TuneFailed".

Wer selber testen möchte, bitte schön:

mfg
    pupert