how to manualy install plugin - merlin 4 dm7080

• Hi

I have just installed merlin 4, on my dreambox 7080

there is some plugins i want installed

but how do i do that?

one i want installed is this: enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.3_mips32el.ipk

but when i try to place it in tmp folder, and install from dm, it find it, and say installed 0 plugin with 0 error?

and havent installed anything..

plz help

i really need more plugins

thx in advance

Mike

DM8000hd , DM800hd , DM7080

• This panel is designed for clones and is disitributing illegal things and software cracked for clones and as the packe name says it is OE 2.0 only.

Which means you will NOT get ANY help on this subject here.

Ciao
    gutemine

• This panel is designed for clones and is disitributing illegal things and software cracked for clones and as the packe name says it is OE 2.0 only.

Which means you will NOT get ANY help on this subject here.

Ciao
    gutemine

sorry.

did not now that

i have tried to install openatv on my dm7080, there i could use it on my oe2.2, but on merlin.

but this was only example, i cant find any plugins i can manualy install on merlin4... any one that can help with that

thx in advance

• OpenATV isn't OE 2.2. That's why it works :winking_face: It's a OE 1.6-fork

For real OE 2.2 images you need *.deb packages that were adapted for OE 2.2. Most of them are already available on the Merlin4-Feed. If you need anything specific, you should tell us what you need :winking_face: I am not missing anything on my 7080 with Merlin4.

so long
    m0rphU

• OpenATV isn't OE 2.2. That's why it works :winking_face: It's a OE 1.6-fork

For real OE 2.2 images you need *.deb packages that were adapted for OE 2.2. Most of them are already available on the Merlin4-Feed. If you need anything specific, you should tell us what you need :winking_face: I am not missing anything on my 7080 with Merlin4.

Then it make sence, sorry.

i have had dreambox for 6 years, but still a noob aperntly lol.

Is merlin4 then a oe2.2?

one program i miss in merlin4 is: enhanced movie center , so i can get my recordings in folders Automatic. now recordings is a big mess

• The start LOOKING at the image you flashed - Merlin has an entire Media Center on its feed for this purpose.

• I have looked at the mediecenter in merlin4, its nice

but it doesent do what i want.

on regular dayli basic, i want to just press the " Pvr" button, and then see my recordings in folders.

if i got 10 recordings with mythbusters, i want those 10 in 1 folder, not messed up.

The mediecenter is nice, but for now, i want it to look like it did in newingma2 on my dm8000, its easy to use...

but i dont get it, why i cant install manual, if i dump a xxx.deb file in temp folder, it doesent see it

if i dump a xxx.ipk file in tempfolder, it see it, but doesent install it...

• Don't see any problem there... Merlin4 can display folders in the regular movie list, you just have to activate it in the "context menu" by pressing menu in the movie list. No plugins needed.

Or are you looking for the serienfilm plugin? Also available in OE 2.2 :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Don't see any problem there... Merlin4 can display folders in the regular movie list, you just have to activate it in the "context menu" by pressing menu in the movie list. No plugins needed

Thx for reply

I have tried to activate folders, but only folders visible then, is trashcan :smiling_face:

I want alle my recordings to automatic end in respective folders?

can I do that, or is that " Series plugin" needed

Thx for all you help, to all of you

• if I find plugins not in the feed.
    And they are xxxxx.deb files mad for oe2.2
    how do I install it then?

I tried put it in tmp folder, and go to " Install local extension" ( I use Danish - so only close)
    but when I try this way, it don't see my xxxxx.deb files , only my xxxxx.ipk files?

How do I install .deb files

thx in advance

• Thank you all

I am so happy now.

Now I learned how to install plugins not on the feed.

I did keep struggle with install from the dreambox.

The telnet way worked perfect

Thank you again, to you all for your help