[ENGLISH] 800HD se Dual tuner?

• Hey guys, sorry about this but I only speak english.

I am thinking of purchasing a Dreambox 800HD se in the future and wanted to know whether it has dual tuner capabilities? I mean can I watch "channel A" on the TV while streaming "channel B" through the dreambox to my PC at the same time?

Thanks

• Yes, works with sundtec usb tuner! Make 800se from singeltuner to twintuner, little 7020hd or 8000! Its easy to install and stable!
    or you can see only channel from same transponder with one tuner!

• But for satellite use in australia, it won't work out of the box? What kind of usb device would I require to achieve this? I assume I would need a coaxial splitter to do the job?

Thanks

• Yes, you need a second cable from lnb! Splitter doesn't work! With splitter you can use channels from the same polarisation! Channels are mor with one trasponder but not same from satellit!

• Yes, you need a second cable from lnb! Splitter doesn't work! With splitter you can use channels from the same polarisation! Channels are mor with one trasponder but not same from satellit!

So you're saying that you can't watch different channels at the same time from a single satellite? But you can, in Australia the pay-tv Foxtel uses 1 satellite for multiple boxes.

Single-Tuner should work out of the box (if you receive DVB-S or DVB-S2) as long as the channels are not encrypted.

Whats the difference betweenDVB-S and DVB-S2? Also how do you know whether the channels are encrypted or not?

Thanks

• Moin!

The transponder on a satellite are divided into four levels (Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low)
    If you use a splitter or loop through in a different way the second tuner is limited to the level of the first tuner.

I you want to have no limits you need to have a second connection to the LNB.

• Moin!

The transponder on a satellite are divided into four levels (Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low)
    If you use a splitter or loop through in a different way the second tuner is limited to the level of the first tuner.

I you want to have no limits you need to have a second connection to the LNB.

I'm assuming that LNB is the satellite dish? So what you are saying I'll need 2 physical cables from the LNB to the house?

• divided into four levels (Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low)

Wait, but if it's receiving channels from the same Satellite, then why does it need this 2nd line? The current Pay-TV installations in Australia use 1 line into the house and TV box and allow more than 1 channel to be used at once on the same box?

• It is exactly as miromom wrote: the satelite signal is divided in four "levels" and you can only lock ONE level at once on one cable. So the other tuner at the same cable can only watch channels from the same level... In cable there is only one level, not four, thats why it works there...

• Even though we're talking about one satellite only, what "MiRoMOMO" wrote applies.
    Let's say you're watching "ProSieben". You will be able to record/stream "Sat.1" as well because these TV stations reside on the same level. Recording/streaming "RTL" won't be possible because it's on a different level, although all these channels reside on the same satellite (Astra 19.2°). With more than one tuner (ie. Sundtek USB) you won't be limited to one level.

PS: Sorry for using german TV channels, but I don't know any australian one.

• Even though we're talking about one satellite only, what "MiRoMOMO" wrote applies.
    Let's say you're watching "ProSieben". You will be able to record/stream "Sat.1" as well because these TV stations reside on the same level. Recording/streaming "RTL" won't be possible because it's on a different level, although all these channels reside on the same satellite (Astra 19.2°). With more than one tuner (ie. Sundtek USB) you won't be limited to one level.

PS: Sorry for using german TV channels, but I don't know any australian one.

So how do you know if channels are on the same level? Foxtel is the pay-tv service I am looking at if that helps? What type of information can tell me what level a channel is on?

(I believe it runs off "Optus C1")

Thanks

P.S. sorry for being a noob about satellite's haha

• More than one channel is usual as long as they are on the same Transponder. But it you want ALL channels you'll probably need another connection from your LNB (the little thingy in front of the dish, that collects the satellite signals, converts them and forwards them to the tuner).
    Edit: much too late...

DM8000SSSS, DM820SS, DM900SXFBC

• So how do you know if channels are on the same level? Foxtel is the pay-tv service I am looking at if that helps? What type of information can tell me what level a channel is on?

You may get that information from websites like lyngsat.com. But your Dreambox won't let you zap to a channel on a different level than the one you're currently (ie.) recording anyways. Except you're using more than one tuner :winking_face:

EDIT:
    See this website: http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-C1-D3.html
    The first column is the important one. Channels on the same transponder (value below the frequency) can be watched/recorded/streamed concurrent

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von b_s101 ()

• You may get that information from websites like lyngsat.com. But your Dreambox won't let you zap to a channel on a different level than the one you're currently (ie.) recording anyways. Except you're using more than one tuner :winking_face:

EDIT:
    See this website: http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-C1-D3.html
    The first column is the important one. Channels on the same transponder (value below the frequency) can be watched/recorded/streamed concurrent

So that confirms I will need mulitple lines from the LNB?

But not that I realize, The foxtel boxes only have the 1 coaxial cable plugging into them but allowing them to watch 1 channel while being able to record any of the other ones? How can that work?

• Yes you need multiple lines from the LNB.
    Concerning those foxtel boxes: that's kinda strange. It can be accomplished on cable and IPTV broadcasting but on satellite networks you're limited to multiple channels on the same transponder if your box only got one tuner.

• Yes you need multiple lines from the LNB.
    Concerning those foxtel boxes: that's kinda strange. It can be accomplished on cable and IPTV broadcasting but on satellite networks you're limited to multiple channels on the same transponder if your box only got one tuner.

What is the main difference that allows it to happen on cable and not Satellite?

• Unfortunately I can't explain the technical difference. But you may get the difference from how the wiring inside your home is done when using cable TV or satellite TV.
    Cable TV:

• The provider's cable is connected to the interconnection point inside you home
    • Your living room TV has a direct connection to the interconnection point
    • The TV in your sleeping room is connected to the providers network via your living room

So using cable TV you're able to use series connections to get the TV signal on your last screen in the row.

Satellite TV:

• Your satellite dish's LNB is connected to a so called multiswitch
    • Each TV in your home needs a direct connection to the multiswitch
    • Series connections (box2 -> box1 -> multiswitch) are not possible

Satellite TV requires a so called star shaped connection to work. Each receiving device needs a dedicated line to the multiswitch to work properly.

edit:

Zitat

No. This does not make a second line unnecessary in case you want watch and stream/record multiple channels