slow disecq switching

• hello,

I have T90 dish with 12 LNB's in that setup.
    Uncommited switch and disecq switches.

When watching channel on astra (tuner A) and switch to channel on 5 east (also Tuner A) nothing happens for about 10 to 15 second.
    You can see the signal bar move but not a lock or picture..Leave it on the channel and eventually it will lock and have picture..
    When zapping back to astra then I have picture at once..Go back again to 5 east, same problem..Once on 5 east no problems at all.
    I have tried multiple satellite.xlm files but that does not fix it.
    Also did a new transponder scan..same results..

It seems like sometimes he does not get the change of sat correctly..But that is my "poor man judgment :smiling_face: ).

Is this a know bug/issue ? My setup is ok..

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• You probably have a Problem with your LNB- and/or DiseqC-config.

Without knowing your detailled config (uncommitted - diseqc) it's difficult to give you some advise. Did you play a bit with the setup. (Diseq-repeat and stuff like that) ?

Which Image is running? (Date)

cu

floh

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• yep tried it all..I have it when switching to all other sats.
    When switching back to astra (uncommitted port 1 AA) then it is fast..back to other sat..he is "thinking" about what to do. :smiling_face:

I tried fast diseq , and disecq repeat on/off it did not make a change..

I shall post my config here..

I run the own build with enigma from 27-06.

I have Tuner A uncommitted Spaun,and disecq are spaun.
    Tuner B is motor. They can receive both these sat's maybe the box is thinking wich tuner to pick ??

here my config part for tuner and LNB..
    PS: On my dm7000 all is fine with same uncommitted dish..

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MikeV ()

• Try to change the command order to 'uncommitted - committed - toneburst'

It helped me with a uncommitted switch.

I also set 1 DiseqC-repeat

In the config you'll see teh following lines.

Zitat

config.NimA.advanced.lnb5.commandOrder=4
    config.NimA.advanced.lnb5.commitedDiseqcCommand=none:*AA*:AB:BA:BB:240:241:242:243:244:245:246:247:248:249:250:251:252:253:254:255
    config.NimA.advanced.lnb5.diseqcMode=none:1_0:*1_1*:1_2
    config.NimA.advanced.lnb5.diseqcRepeats=none:*one*:two:three
    config.NimA.advanced.lnb5.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=2

The fast Diseq won't help.

cu

floh

• well did not make any changes here :frowning_face:

still the same..it looks like he cannot decide what tuner to pick..
    signal is going up and down, quality is going up and down. BER is fixed value, and then after a while he locks or switches.

But when doing a scan on a sat(tuner A) then there are 0 services found.
    Then i must scan with rotor (tuner B), and then he finds channels..

Not nice :frowning_face:

thx for the effort..

Any more info I can give so someone can "debug" ?

• You could connect the tuner1-out with Tuner2-In and adjust the the config for that (Tuner2 connected with Tuner1).

Now you should be able to check your config without the Rotor.

According to your Theory it should work that way. If not your Problem is still in the config.

cu

floh

• well in loopthrough to soacket A the same problem is there..

You have seen my config..should be normal i think..
    nothing strange is installed or changed anywhere..

just flashed the image, and configured the sats and after that the motor..

when I remove the tuner B (nothing connected) the problem is also still there..so it looks to me like the pulses are not send correct or immediatly when switching to different sat..

very strange...once on the sat, no problems during zapping..switch to other sat...have to wait again for a while, then after lock and picture all good again for that sat..
    when going back to astra (uncommited port 1 disecq AA) it goes fast.
    to all the other ports (up to uncommited 3 BB) it is like described above..

weird weird weird and not funny :frowning_face:

• Did you remove the fast-diseq and add Diseqc-Repeat 1 ??

You'seen the part of my config and here it is working fine with a uncommitted switch.

Can you post the new config ?

cu

floh

• i have connected the dish again on tuner B because no matter what it is the same..

here is my current config (the full file)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

can you create a enigma2 logfile?

1) telnet to the box
    2.) write init 2
    3.) write enigma2 >> /hdd/e2.log 2>> /hdd/e2.log

Then tune to a normal astra channel... when its tuned in switch to a non working channel and wait until it works.... now switch back to a astra channel and shutdown e2 via menu.. the compress the /hdd/e2.log and mail it to crashlog@dream-multimedia-tv.de.

Then i take a look at it ..

thanks !

• Depending on the config, I'd say it should work now.

Which spaun Switches are you using?

Maybe somebody else can help you further. :frowning_face:

Ok, Ghost is here now. So you're in good hands now. :winking_face:

cu

floh

• well the log is mailed..I see a cannot tune message in there and other things..But that can the experts decide better..

Hope it will bring something up...

• I don't know the specific type numbers..But it are the good ones :smiling_face:

But like i said..When connecting the cable to the dm7000 then all is fine and this issue is not there..
    So it is not the hardware (unless it is only faulty with the dm7025 :smiling_face: )

• Well just compiled a new image again..switching is fast again :smiling_face:

but I cannot scan at all now..

When starting a manual scan I get ERROR - failed to scan (error starting scanning)! message at once..

So no scanning now..but fast switching between sat's ..
    With the tuner B (motor) i can scan..

another fix needed :smiling_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by floh
    When did you compile your new image.

Ghost just (16.13) checked in a fix for manual scan.

I have compiled the image AFTER this fix.

It is about 45 mins ago i think when I flashed my image right after the build.

fix for manually scanning a transponder with 8psk modulation

PS: I do a manual scan on sat, not transponder !

• i missed the latetst fix for manual scan, and made a new image again just now..

But still same issue..On multi disecq no scan..error message..On other tuner with rotor no problem.

• any lookout for a fix on the short term ?

Do i need to give a new log ??