DD+ on dreambox

• Sorry but the you are the one who is spaming/trolling this topic.

Do you read the title?

This topic is about "DD+ on dreambox".

The people is talking about "DD+ on dreambox", so i don't see where is the
    spam. (This is not an opinion is a FACT)

The second point, yes, you are right.

I'm a customer of DM sice the first DM7000.

I bough several DM models and now i have a DM800hd an a D800se.

Until today, whenever there was a problem, the Dm was the first to solve it.

Because that i always choose DM and i was loyal to this brand.

If that has changed, i think is time to choose another brand that has more
    respect for buyers and try to solve their problems and make evolve their
    products.

If that not happens in the near future, i think it's time to change and begin
    to buy another brand.

I will advise my friends and the people who ask me for advice about buying a
    receiver to buy another brand.

Myself at the end of this year, i intend to buy another brand instead of DM
    because that problem.

And for information, i'm not spanish (i'm Portuguese), but i prefer avoid
    this brand because in the future some similar problem may occur in a
    portuguese provider...

• I am pretty sure that a simple stereo downmix (in software) using e.g. FFmpeg's E-AC3 decoder could be possible (depending on the tax it has on the CPU).
    You will just need to find someone to implement a solution. Either do it yourself, find a developer who wants the functionality as bad as you do, pay someone to do it or hope for a good samaritan...

• Again you are making the mistakte to talk about the restuls instead of how to get there.

And the easiest way is to split the burden into small and maybe solvable problems

One of the small homework taks for DMM could be to implement the possibility to handle Audio PID for these channels correctly within enigma2 so that they are adressable and streamable and get working and adressable audio PIDs and correct display within enigma2. You don't need a license for this and they will need this functionality anyway for futures boxes anyway and doing it in closed source will make some others look as dumb as they are :smiling_face:

And that what you call downmix is also multiple tasks - first you have to try to slice out the correct channels, the decoding is another story ...

• Digital + is emitting with DD+ codec. It seems that this type of sound will be a standard in Digital +. Our Dream Multimedia decoders doesn't play this type of encoding. I hope you can help us.

Best regards

So until now Digital+ was using normal AC3 and made that change to DD+ just recently? And since then you have no sound anymore on those spanish Pay tv channels?
    If that's the case, then that really sucks and I can understand your frustration.
    I imagine that if Sky Germany did the same, then it would cause a big uproar in the german Dreambox community and a solution, whether official or not, might not take that long?

• So until now Digital+ was using normal AC3 and made that change to DD+ just recently? And since then you have no sound anymore on those spanish Pay tv channels?
    If that's the case, then that really sucks and I can understand your frustration.
    I imagine that if Sky Germany did the same, then it would cause a big uproar in the german Dreambox community and a solution, whether official or not, might not take that long?

Digital+ started migrating pay channels to DD+ just last week. However terrestial public channel in HD (TVE-HD) is using DD+ since they started 4 years ago.
    Since 4 years we are seeking for a solution to this. Until now we had an issue in just one channel, but when Digital+ ends the migration, allmount all spanish HD channels will be DD+.

As you say is really frustraiting. Many user are saying that we cannot complain, because we knew that DM was not supporting DD+; They are right. But at the same time, when we buy DM products we know we are paying an extra cost of around 50% (compare DM and Vu+ prices for example) for the DM support. And in this situation DM is, for the moment, not giving any support at all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lgarrido ()

• So until now Digital+ was using normal AC3 and made that change to DD+ just recently? And since then you have no sound anymore on those spanish Pay tv channels?

That's the reason why all Dreambox users in Spain are worried and upset...

Thanks for your understanding

• Hello:

Another Spanish who walks Dream Multimedia bummed.

I have 10 years Dreambox. DM500, DM5620, DM7020 and DM800 ... my next was DM8000, but after seeing that Dream Multimedia left us stranded, prefer to buy any other brand that does not treat their customers so poorly.

This is not a channel, it is the future, a future that we deny.

Goliath? By Goliath ass can get.
    :pouting_face:
    Dream Multimedia will be the next Nokia.

Dream Multimedia riddance :thumbs_down:

PS: I hope DM reconsider and find a solution, as we do all we Dreambox.

This is not fancy ... is a need that soon will spread throughout Europe

• @titovich

Thanks for the answer - but this was not a difficult one, actually it was already a hint for some possible solutions.

But it looks like you need more hints as the complaining seems to take away all energy of the peoples brain cells.

is C+ delivering these channels also to other devices via the Internet like Tablets, mobile phones, Smart TVs ? Similar to the Sky Go offer in Germany ?

Because I'm pretty sure there they have sound too ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• what you mean with 'Boxenkopierer'? You mean other brands like Vu?

Sure. I just can't stand some points made in this discussion anymore… 'You can't expect DMM to add AC3+ to such an old box… etc. etc.'. Well, as far as I know even their newest models don't support it.

• @gutemine

Yes, they offer this feature, it is named C+ Yomvi, there are several apps for smart tv, android devices, ipad-iphone, PC....
    But, it seems that they still don't offer HD channels by this way, only SD channels now.
    Anything you need from me feel free to ask.
    Thanks again for being constructive.
    :winking_face:

Music Is The Best

• I'm pretty sure that the sound of HD and SD channels would be identical and that they offer at least stereo sound :smiling_face:

And I don't say that I have a solution - I just suggested to use your brain for real work and not just repeating complaints like the others did ...

Just another hint - via alsa sound interface you can play nicely sound from another source while watching a movie.

But you should start asking such questions yourself instead of always asking for help.

Some puzzles are easy if you have all pieces ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• @gutemine
    Hi again.
    My brain is old and it's a little rusty. :winking_face:
    The unique solution that i have found is to use your "audiopip" plugin.
    It works using HD video and SD audio, it has some delay but it can be fixed, but this is not useful to make a recording, by example.
    Trust me, i'm trying to see it but i don't.
    Thanks anyway.
    :winking_face:

Music Is The Best

• Hi Gutemine,

I have one question for you. Do you think that is possible to solve this problem with Dreambox that only have one tuner like DM800SE? Or we need two tuners?

Thanks.

• Read my postings - if your second audio source is from Internet or same transponder - why not.

But the workaround to use sound from SD channels for HD channels will only work with 2 tuners as normaly these channesl are not on same transponder.

But at least people start to think what can be done instead of complaining ...

And Audio PIP is open Source, and actually is just a dumb way of having a Full screen PIP, so feell free to chnage it and adapt it to your needs.

It is possible to record only sound by the way if you have the correct audio pids.

• if the solution requires two tuners, many Dreambox like 500HD or 800SE, will have the same problem, because they only have one tuner...

Thanks.