Why DMM Do not use 1.3 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM in his new products?

• Why DMM Do not used in his new products more powerful 1.3 GHz processor?
    However, the other companies have Made the Linux boxes with 1.3 GHz processor .
    Unless Enigma 2 well addressed to 800 Hz frequency? (It has been tested by the Developers.)
    using the 1.3 GHz processors according to the following two reasons seem to be necessary:
    1 - In the future, more than 2 cores and frequencies above 1 GHz are addressed.
    2 - Side plugins can take advantage of the power of 1.3 GHz processors.
    Is the 400 MHz processor longer be responsive to new images, plugins and 32-bit skins?
    While other companies use 2 GB of RAM, Why DMM has used 512 MB of RAM in his new products?
    Do you accept the following:
    Must be more than 512 MB free RAM in the box, not the RAM of the box is 512 MB. Because much of the RAM is occupied by the system.
    Why the Kernel of DMM images are not updated to higher version? While Many other companies have used the 3.9.2 kernel.

• Why are you asking for candy like a child ?

• Why are you asking for candy like a child ?

Why do you think like that? You as a developer and a consumer at the same time, must confirm my request.

Why DMM uses the 400 MHz processor which is the broadcom company does not produce them anymore, and have been removed from the production line of company?

As a developer, do not you want to work with a High Hardware?

• DMM probably has for this CPU an existing purchasing agreement and will not do any new ones with Broadcom anymore.

• Thus the DMM company sacrifice his reputation and customer satisfaction to this agreement with Broadcom.
    Are The company's future models also should be presented with the 400 MHz processor?It would be a disaster.

• Read again what was posted - future Dreamboxes will NOT have a Broadcom CPU. And the 1300 are 'good Marketing' - they count 2 cores with 650 as 1300 - so it is hardly 40% faster. Which I would not call a disaster for an intermediate product especially for low end single tuner boxes like the dm500hdv2 and dm800sev2.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• You should alwaxs ask yourself: what's the benfit of a newer kernel? Is there something that's missing? Same with the processor. It!s a lot about marketing. Most people don't really need a faster processor because their using the box to watch tv.

But there are enough people out there who only go for some stupid numbers and who judge the product by them...

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• @ gutemine

Is the future products of Dream Multimedia company are provided with Enigma 2 operating system and Mips processor too?

@ dre

Zitat

But there are enough people out there who only go for some stupid numbers and who judge the product by them...

Do you think that there's no difference between 1.3 GHz dual-core processor and a 400 MHz one-core processor in power and performance?!

• Depends what you are using the processor for.

I'm take you a very simple example. when I try a 32-bit Skins as metrixhd, the boot time of box reach to two minutes and 30 seconds or more of these, while the skin is installed on the flash of box.

• @ dre
    Do you think that there's no difference between 1.3 GHz dual-core processor and a 400 MHz one-core processor in power and performance?!

You wanted to say: Difference between 400 and 650 MHz :winking_face:

But really: Where is the point in this discussion? Here are only customers discussing whether DMM should bring this or that product or not. DMM will not react on this thread, 'cause they already communicated (through the devs etc.) that there won't be any Broadcom boxes anymore.
    It's like discussing on an Audi forum why they miss feature XY that Mercedes offers. Of course there is some kind of loyality towards DMM, but if the company decides not to take this or that step, then it's the company's decision. If you don't like that, then go and buy another device. If your not happy with that device, then stick to DMMs products. But don't tell the company what they should do. They won't listen...

so long
    m0rphU

• You're saying that you need a faster processor to reduce the boot time? That's something I'd consider just marketing. There are other points that might support your request for a faster processor. But again: where do you really need it?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• You're saying that you need a faster processor to reduce the boot time? That's something I'd consider just marketing. There are other points that might support your request for a faster processor. But again: where do you really need it?

As I said before, using a faster processor according to the following 4 reasons seem to be necessary:
    1 - In the future, more than 2 cores and frequencies above 1 GHz are addressed.
    2 - Side plugins can take advantage of the power of a faster processor.
    3- Enigma 2 as well can addressing frequencies up to 800 MHz. (It has been tested by the Developers.)
    4- Other receivers with much higher hardware and much cheaper than DM Have entered to market and This has led to increased demand for the company's customers from DMM.

PS: But as m0rphU said, this argument has no benefits while DMM does not listen it.This is why none of DMM team members, does not participate in the discussion.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jalizi ()

• Just to be clear... What I said was: Why should DMM listen? They make their decisions and do not need waste time in discussions with users who probably have no idea about the technical insights. I'd rather see the devs develop :smiling_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• This discussion is a waste of time since there won't be any new product based on Broadcom hardware anyway (as gutemine mentioned already). I suppose that the new products will be powerful though.

• If someone of a friend knows, please answer:
    Is the Next New products of DMM are provided with Enigma 2 operating system and Mips processor too?

• Nobody knows for sure, but rumors say: No and no!

It says DMM wants to distinguish theirselves from VU and the other brands and the best way to do this is a totally new plattform with a different software. Maybe we will see enigma3 which is based on enigma2, maybe we will see something totally new. Nobody except DMM knows!

so long
    m0rphU