digital noise

• Hi,

how to reduce the "digital noise" on the screen? attached a piece of video recorded from TV, where it is highly visible.

http://sklepsatelitarny.pl/na.ts

dm7080= DVB-T + DVB-C + Card NC+ + Cam CP + FTA
    /Maximum E85/Corab80/Maximum E85=46/45-42-39-33/31-28-23-19-16-13-9-7-5-1-4/5

• To me this looks like artefacts being created during digitizing of an analog content.
    Can you try a channel and a program where you know that it has a digital source and is recorded in HD?
    For Example "Tagesschau" in the german ARD HD channel...

Dreambox 7020HD mit Experimental Image (OE2.0)

• Zwar kein Full HD (1080i) aber immerhin 720p.
    Solches Farbrauschen gibt es da auf jeden Fall nicht.
    Und außerdem helfen die Video enhancement Plugins doch nur die Widergabe auf dem Schirm zu verbessern?
    Das TS FIle ändert sich dadurch doch kein bißchen, oder irre ich mich?

• Schlechtes Beispiel gerade die Tagesschau die kein HD ist. :winking_face:

ds78

Did you try the videoenhancement Plugin?

Check the various options, but the "noise" is pretty much visible, especially on HD channels.

• Zwar kein Full HD (1080i) aber immerhin 720p.
    Solches Farbrauschen gibt es da auf jeden Fall nicht.
    Und außerdem helfen die Video enhancement Plugins doch nur die Widergabe auf dem Schirm zu verbessern?
    Das TS FIle ändert sich dadurch doch kein bißchen, oder irre ich mich?

Genau darum geht es ja er will die Wiedergabe auf seinem Fernseher verbessern.
    Und genau dafür ist das Videoenhancement Plugin da.

PS: Tageschau ist hochskaliertes SD :face_with_tongue:

ds78
    Looks like film grain on that channel...

• Ich sehe in dem von ihm mitgeschickten TS File ein Farbrauschen.
    So lange das da ist wird es auch auf dem Fernseher nicht besser...

• Looks like high ISO image noise to me. The source probably went through a couple of filters to reduce the noise without too much success.
    Or do you claim that all HD channels look like that for you, ds78?

On many TV programs are having the same problem. is visible on darker scenes ...

curiosity.... On SD channels, but I have the impression that the image is transmitted in 16-bit mode. Picture does not blend colors, but you can see "tiles". I enclose a picture, (lighten up the monitor). I hope you see what I mean?

• Very strange, as the Dreambox does not alter the video stream at all when recording.
    Could you try and see if the problem also persists on one of the German FTA HD channels?

• Very strange, as the Dreambox does not alter the video stream at all when recording.
    Could you try and see if the problem also persists on one of the German FTA HD channels?

of course ... as soon as I have access to a tuner... wife :kissing_face:

What could be the reason that the picture on the jacket to "move"?

Bilder

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ds78 ()