DM8000 tuners don't work anymore (bootloader 82 & 79 ?)

• [Moderator]No support for other then original DMM Images. [/Moderator]

Ok, but can you answer, if DM8000 tuners doesn't work/receive because of changed bootloader from a image flash, is that covered by warranty?
    I mean, can i conclude that:
    A Dreambox of more then thousand euro's (DM8000), has the legal option to flash it's running software. You mean it doesn't have any warranty (European Union rules say 2 years) to let the Dreambox work properly again if you flash the device?

What are Dream Multimedia official option to DM8000 warranty?

11 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky () aus folgendem Grund: Modd elete everything, that is tfu.

• I couldn't read your initial post, but it seems to me your using strange software and mixxing up some things.
    Don't use Multiboot, use the latest software with latest secondstageloader (latest experimental is all-in-one with that :winking_face: ) and then try again.
    Latest experimental is always available via http://dreamboxupdate.com/

Dream Multimedia doesn't need to give warranty for problems that you (or your image) did raise yourself. But unless you try something ugly (e.g. patched Clone-Images), there shouldn't occur any damage to your hardware.

And btw: I've read about clone-boxes where the tuners stopped working with latest images :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Thanks for reply.
    Well, i didn't do strangethings.
    I assume a Dreambox is build to flash images for that type of dreambox. In my case a DM8000.
    I did follow the flash instructions. But one image (opendreambox if i'm right) did change the bootloader in a way, that it's not changed anymore when flashing a other image (like openpli or original dream multimedia image).
    So i did flash my original DM8000 with original Dream Multimedia image for DM8000, by ethernet and by serial, butt he weird bootloader won't change to version 83 that is in the flashed image.

I bring the DM8000 back to the store where they try to fix this issue.
    Only down part is, i have to pay for the DM8000 fix (if it's possible) and the DM8000 still is in it's warranty period.

If i flash for example original Dream multimedia image for DM8000, then it seems to work, only the tuners (onboard 2x DVBs2) don'treceive anything anymore.(fta sd & HD channels also not possible)

So what can i as end consumer, who bought this DM8000 do now?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• Just use SSL #84 (as described above), then flash an original DMM Image and check if the box (including tuners etc) works fine. If not and you are sure it has something to do with the hardware, use the ticket (RMA) system of DMM. You can find it or create a ticket here
    When SSL #84 is at your box do not try to use a lower SSL.

• Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate that.
    The DM8000 is now at the store where i bought it, they try to recover the DM8000.
    I send them a email with this 84 bootloader attached, and asked them to flash 84 bootloader serial, then when succeed, switch off, and on and flash original dream multimedia image by ethernet.

I hope it works....

I try already at home to flash more then one time with ethernet and serial, but the bootloader 82/79 didn't change/tuners didn't receive, that's why i bring it back to store.

Thanks again. I hope i get soon a message of store where dm8000 is.

• I have the DM8000 back, bootloader 84 and Openpli2.1beta.

When i was flashing images a week ago, just at that moment the house owner was busy on the roof at 6 high.(I live on ground level, so my dish is hard to get to)
    The man accidentally pushed my dish about 20 centimeters out of position. Without realizing that it has much impact on me. Because i was busy with flashing, and saw bootloader changing, i thought that the tuners in DM8000 didn't function properly.
    But i assume it is not the DM8000, but the dish position.
    This Thursday a company will re position the dish to maximum signal level. I think that is the reason why my DM8000 don't receive anything now.

• Everything ok now.

Bootloader is back to #84 openpli2.1beta, and most important, the dish is positioned good, because my house owner moved it.