GUI for Multi LNB project

• Hey to everyone!

I am in internship and working on a new LNB (Multi LNB) project with SES ASTRA company. We would like to set a specific Graphical User Interface (GUI) according to the MLNB software specifications. we decided to use CEHTML from HbbTV model to provide a standard way of communicating with the MLNB software and have choosen the Dreambox DM8000 as set top Box for the implementation and Linux (Kubuntu 11.04) PC.The MLNB communication will be controlled first by the DM usb port using a usb cable,then through the RF cable using the DiseqC protocol. we defined 4 use cases from the point of view of the end user that we are going to set (change): Set-up LNB, Pointing help, Scan and Zap, this such a way that the MLNB GUI can accommodate them. My job is to program the MLNB GUI according to the software specifications (use cases).For that I need to: - get enigma2 source code and all his tree structure in order to modify it - be able to compile the modified code (written in C++) - create my own image and flash it on the DM 8000. I got some links and instructions from internet which allow to achieve that but it was for the DM 7025 and it doesn't work on the DM 8000.So any hint about that?

thanks in advance

• python source you can find in the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components>NimManager.py

but incase i have 25 LNBs moust easy way for me is Copy-Paste into /etc/enigma2/settings in plain text mode

• Offizieller Beitrag

And you might consider to visit the IRC chat at freenode network, channel name is #enigma2

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Hello,

I would like to modify python menus from enigma2 source code.I need first of all to save the original files (.py) then carry on the modifications. How can I achieve this ?

thanks in advance!

• Hello to everyone,

I have been trying to build my own image for DM8000 on Ubuntu PC by typing the command line:

make -f Makefile-opendreambox-1.6 image.

Everything was going well until the end where I got this error:

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1249 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 3 failed.
    ERROR: '/home/yves/makefile-opendreambox/dm8000/openembedded/recipes/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.4.3.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/yves/makefile-opendreambox/dm8000/openembedded/recipes/gcc/gcc-cross-intermediate_4.4.3.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/yves/makefile-opendreambox/dm8000/openembedded/recipes/gcc/gcc-cross_4.4.3.bb' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 1

Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance