New SS 83 on 8000 question??

• New SS 83 on 8000 question

Zitat

What is new:

-support new flash mapping (256MB support)

Did i miss something ?

Flash on 8000 is 128mb and ram 256mb !

What does this mean "-support new flash mapping (256MB support)" ?

They will pump flash on ram ?

can somebody explain pleas

Albert Einstein:"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
    voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience.:"

DM920 DM900hd love my box :thumbs_up:

• The 8000 had always 256MB Flash but only 128MB were enabled.
    Now you can use the whole flash. :winking_face:

tankyou for replaying that is very good news :thumbs_up:

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience.:"

• The 8000 had always 256MB Flash but only 128MB were enabled.
    Now you can use the whole flash. :winking_face:

how do you get this 256??
    DM 8000 specification is 128 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM (Arbeitsspeicher)

the 256 you talk about are 256 MByte RAM...can you explain more pleas

• No... 8000 always had 256 MB Flash, too!

But DMM had disabled half of the Flash. Because of that they couldn't advertise 256MB but only 128MB. In the beginning data sheets said 8000 had 256MB Flash and people complained...

I don't know why it was disabled and now they enabled it... But I guess it has something to do with kernel-version and driver issues...

so long
    m0rphU

• as a sidenote: To get the full flash of DM8000 you have to flash a new image that has this stuff included!

You will not be able to get full flash size via online-update, only if you flash a new image with this stuff ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• as for specification from DM they saying is 128MB...so what you saying was a trick from DM LOL never the less this is good news...are they going to enable the 256MB on the DM800 and 800se ???? thanks for replaying

• as for specification from DM they saying is 128MB...so what you saying was a trick from DM LOL never the less this is good news...are they going to enable the 256MB on the DM800 and 800se ???? thanks for replaying

DM800, DM800se,DM500hd only have 64MB Flash on hardware. An upgrade is not possible.