DM800 HD PVR - The Green Screen Of Death!

• Hi All.

I am desperately hoping that an expert out there can help me yet again.

I have a DM 800 HD PVR. All was working well receiving signals from Hotbird, NileSat and ArabSat. Unfortunately, when I now go to rescan the satellites either automatically or manually the box scans the satellites and then when it has completed the scan crashes and reboots with the green screen of death.

It appears that the common error is that there is not enough space left on the internal memory. I do not have an external drive connected to the box. I did look at the file manager and there are a couple of files of TV programmes which add up to about 18Mgb. I have tried many times to delete these files but they just will not delete. I have a suspicion that this is the cause of me not being able to rescan the channels as this has only started happening when I ‘accidently’ recorded a few moments of a tv program into the internal DM memory.

I have attached the crash logs from when I try to upload the new channel scan etc. If ANYONE can sort this for me they will be a God in my household! Even information on how to delete the programmes which are stored in the memory would be a start as deleting them in the normal way does not remove them regardless of what I try. It appears that my troubles started when I recorded a few minutes of a TV program straight to the internal memory of the box. As mentioned, I am unable to delete this recording and so am lost as to what to do next.

I can also access my DM via my network and can see the programme listed under timer. I can download it from my DM box to my computer on the network. However, even when I try to delete it remotely via the PC it says it is deleted it still remains on the DM. Even when I put the DM in a Deepstandby remotely, the DM starts to go in to a deep shut down mode then reboots after 10 seconds with the green screen of death again. I really have no idea what its doing..

I am sure I am missing something obvious but I am dreading to flash the box with new software etc or something technical that needs to be done to the box as this is well beyond my technical ability.

The box IS a genuine DreamBox so I am hoping this will be a common event? Many thanks in advance.

Many regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

it seems as if your your flash image is full. The channellist couldn't be saved.

You may have installed too many plugins / picons or other stuff.
    Or you have recorded to the flash memory.. (network mount failed.. or hdd mount failed)

You should delete some things from flash memory. Or reflash your Image.

cu

• Hi CU.

Thanks for responding to my screams of help.

Unfortunately, I have a suspicion that I have recorded to the flash memory and that is why I keep getting the ‘not enough memory’ message with the green screen of death.

You mention that I might like to try “You must erase some things from flash memory. Or reflash your Image”.

Could I ask you to let me know how this is done please? Unlike most people on this forum, my knowledge is relatively limited to the system.

Once again, I really appreciate your help with this.

Regards.

DM800 HD PVR

• Hi. CU.

I appreciate your information and it all seems plausible but one of my concerns is that if I flash a new firmware on the DM Box will I lose my CAMD (CCAM)?

I had this set up for me by a friend who has since left the country and I am concerned that if I load the new firmware for the box I will lose all settings which he has set up for me.

By loading this new firmware, will it affect my CAMD (CCAM)? If so is there a way to store this information and then once the new firmware is installed to reload all the settings?

Alternatively, is there a way, as you mentioned to delete/clean up the flash memory without affecting the CCAM?

Once again, I appreciate your help with this matter.

Regards

• Is this what you get , if so how did you get rid off it please advice
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://sfhti.com/upfiles/s5357655.jpg]

A.M.AL-MADHI

• Hi.
    Your example is what I get but a different error message. As mentioned once it reboots the system works again without any of the new channels loaded.

Obviously, this is not ideal – hence the need to free up some memory in the flash of my DM Box as CU has advised. Now just the CCAM to worry about if I do this and will it total reset the box and in so losing my CAMD settings?
    Regards

DM800 HD PVR

• Offizieller Beitrag

EXCUSE ME?
    Your (illegal) emu settings don't bother anyone here.
    Please read the board rules, softcams are NOT allowed here.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()

• Hi SiennaRoot.
    I have sent you a PM and an Email with my email and Skype details. I appreciate your help.Regards. :thumbs_up:

So in the meantime it's fixed ... clean up overloaded flashspace in /media/hdd/movie caused by an record session on flash (& not existing mounted harddrive) :winking_face:

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• Hi All.
    I have come across some clever people in my time but none so clever as SiennaRoot.

Not only did he help, but is also a true gentleman for offering to help a total stranger in need.

Regards. :thumbs_up:

DM800 HD PVR

• Hi All.
    I have come across some clever people in my time but none so clever as SiennaRoot.

Not only did he help, but is also a true gentleman for offering to help a total stranger in need.

Regards. :thumbs_up:

Quoted from "laketaupoholiday.com"

Hi SiennaRoot.
    I have sent you a PM and an Email with my email and Skype details. I appreciate your help.Regards.

So in the meantime it's fixed ... clean up overloaded flashspace in /media/hdd/movie caused by an record session on flash (& not existing mounted harddrive)

So in the meantime it's fixed ... clean up overloaded flashspace in /media/hdd/movie caused by an record session on flash (& not existing mounted harddrive) :winking_face:

Write a private message to me & I can help you to save your settings e.g. per skype if you use it :winking_face:

Quoted from "laketaupoholiday.com"

Hi.
    Your example is what I get but a different error message. As mentioned once it reboots the system works again without any of the new channels loaded.

Obviously, this is not ideal – hence the need to free up some memory in the flash of my DM Box as CU has advised. Now just the CCAM to worry about if I do this and will it total reset the box and in so losing my CAMD settings?
    Regards

Write a private message to me & I can help you to save your settings e.g. per skype if you use it