Deep stand-by

• It seems as if the new DM500-HD has deep-standby, as standby power is only 1W :question_mark: Is that correct, ie. can the DM500-HD wake up from deep standby to do a timer recording? Or am I over-interpreting the specs...

If so, this is a major advantage over DM800-HD that I currently use (burning perhaps 20W constantly). Hope a cable version will show up!

(feel free to reply in german!)

• Ok; but if "normal" standby only consumes 1W, then I'm overly satisfied. Deep standby requires a slow boot, so if that can be avoided by a low-power 1W sleep mode, that's perfect! Hope that's the case...

• On the dm7000, a timer could wake up teh box from a deep standby (turned off but with power cable plugged).

Why can't the dm800 do it ? Is this just because E2 does not support it yet ? Will it be ever possible with new developped software or firmware ?

Pretty annoying indeed.

le_tos

• This was explained several times already.
    The DM800 as well as the DM500HD lack of a front processor (a piece of hardware
    which has the ability to measure time (aka. a clock), can "simulate" a press of the
    power button and is never disconnected from power).
    So it will NEVER work without a hardware addition.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• There is no front-processor in the small boxes

Deshalb frage ich mich schon eine ganze Weile, wozu "Frontprozessor Upgrade" auf der dm800 gut ist ?
    Vielleicht kann das jemand erklären ?

Panasonic TX50-EXW784
    Panasonic SC-ALL70TEGK / SC-ALL2 wireless 5.1 Sundbar
    dm8000, dm7080, dm800sev2, dm900-dvb-s2-unicable, dm900-dvb-s2-multisat
    www.dreambox-tools.info Merlin-Project