is it the correct way to deal with customers in the middle east ?!

• hi

I write here on behalf of many thousands of dm800 users in the Middle East complaining of negligence and lack of interest of their problems from DreamMultimedia programmers
    I refer to this problem
    frequency 10873 , nilesat

Ghost's answer didn't give any hope for a solution

this makes some one asks
    so as DM programmers can't solve problems of customers outside Europe , why DM products are sold in Middle East ??

is the problem is yours as you can't help ?
    or , it is our problem as we bought a product with no technical support in our area ??

• yes, please help sort out the problem.

thanx :confused_face:

:smiling_face_with_heart_eyes: DMM800HD :thumbs_up:
    :pouting_face: Colones :thumbs_down:

• I also live in Middle East and suffer from the same problem
    so , please try to give our problems some interest

• But it's hard for a developer to find out what's going wrong there if we can't receive this channel here via Sat :loudly_crying_face: So he can't test it :loudly_crying_face:

Zitat

so as DM programmers can't solve problems of customers outside Europe , why DM products are sold in Middle East ??

This isn't completly true ... they already solved a lot of problems from people outside europe. It simply depends on the problem and if they can reproduce it on their box.

There is simply no way for us to receive this channel here, so how we can test and fix it !?

Not sure if logfiles from you can help and if they tell us what's the problem ...

For me it looks like a normal DVB-S Transponder ... so it normally should work !? But something seems to be special/different with that one !?

Try to provide more infos about this channel ... and some logfiles from dreambox or something else ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Good day

I Totally agree with Mr. Hazem in his comments,

why your programmer gave us such unacceptable reply, We are DM customers and we should get technical support. what will be the reply if one of our Major frequencies transferred to such problematic frequency, will DM keep quite :question_mark:

We hope to get sort out this issue without any hesitate,

Thanks for your understandings.

SLR

• Zitat

why your programmer gave us such unacceptable reply

He just said that he currently has no idea what's going wrong there and it's impossible for him to test it because we can't receive this channel here in Europe, and that's simply true.

He did not say that he does not want to help you. Ghost is great guy, solved millions of problems already and is always available for the community. But he has thousands of things to do. I am sure he will look into this problem if he has some ideas what could cause this.

In the meantime you could try to help him by providing more info about this channel, some logfiles from your dreambox or whatever!

• Thanks for your comments.

if our subject is matter of time and currently not sorted out, we hope to get the solution any how.

we are ready to assist him by providing log-files or how ever we can assist.

Thanking You,
    SLR

• I am sure he will check it out soon. Just understand that he is a busy man. DMM does not have many Developers and many people want infos and bugfixes from him.

But be rest assured he will take a look into this :winking_face: Sooner or later :winking_face:

• He just said that he currently has no idea what's going wrong there and it's impossible for him to test it because we can't receive this channel here in Europe, and that's simply true.

He did not say that he does not want to help you. 1- Ghost is great guy, solved millions of problems already and is always available for the community. But he has thousands of things to do. I am sure he will look into this problem if he has some ideas what could cause this.

2- In the meantime you could try to help him by providing more info about this channel, some logfiles from your dreambox or whatever!

hi Homey

1- yes , I agree 100% , that why I asked him for help ,

2- I already made that ( look here) , also I sent him pm , but no response

finally I'm dead sure that Ghost can do what others can't (just if he wants)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hazem ()

• Hmmm,

this frequency/transponder is really nothing special, we also have similar transponders here on our Astra Satelites. Normally ... it should work!

Ghost does not really know what could cause this at the moment and has no idea how to help you. Like said, it's impossible for us to test this frequency/transponder here in germany.

It would help if you could create a serial-log when you zap on this channel, to see if something in the log can give us some more info about this problem. But it's also possible that the log does not give us the info we need, but at least we could take a look at it and try it out.

You know how to create a serial log?

• I'm not in a position to make a serial log because there is zero signal at that frequency !
    so , there are no channels found when scanning

• for me

other very weak/non working transponders at low band include

10719 -v -27500 - 3/4
    10796 -v - 27500 - 3/4
    10992 -v -27500 - 3/4

other low band transponders of the same polarity (vertical) , but working well :
    none

• Hi

I used ti use Dream multimedia products over 6 years

Lately I have bought DM800 and suffer from the same problem

I also live in the Middle East also, Please try to find way to solve that problem.

Best regards

• But it's hard for a developer to find out what's going wrong there if we can't receive this channel here via Sat :loudly_crying_face: So he can't test it :loudly_crying_face:
    --------------------------------
    There is simply no way for us to receive this channel here, so how we can test and fix it !?

from here comes the importance of beta testers for any product before launching to the markets
    :winking_face: :winking_face:

• tks for all middle east users for the effort and we simply request you to be patient that is all .

i have already mentioned in arabic forum that the complain has been send to the right department in dream multimedia to find solution to fix the issue for the particular problem with this frequency , and such issue take some time to be solved .
    Dear hazem the issue has nothing to do with beta testing as this frequency was not there when the box has been launched , anyway we always test any new launching box in middle east and give reports to the company for any bugs or problems appear .
    no one is ignoring middle east users and for everyone info i just want to remind you all the effort done befor as the arabic translation and for persian as well and fixing luxe tv freezing problem and much things .....
    anyway the issue of the particular frequency is now with the right people to handle it and a dm800 has been set for the programers to login and do the test need to fix the problem and we hope soon some news come out with a solution as i have been promised .

note: this frequency freezing with dm800 and with other linux dvb-s2 brands as well else then dreambox , but it works with some like dm500hd and dm8000hd . so it is not only dm800 who is facing problem with it others has same issue also .

regards to all
    Tony - dream multimedia dxb

• I'm sure that a company like Dream Multi Media :thumbs_up:

Will not tolerate in solving the problem for its loyal clientele in the Middle East :grinning_squinting_face:

As brother Tony said that he has delivered a report of the problem to the concerned section

I expect the fact that brother Tony as an agent for Dream Multi Media in the Middle East get in touch directly with GHOST to solve the issue

requesting such information ... data ... helps in understanding the problem from Tony.

** This was confirmed to us, by Tony :thumbs_up:

Perhaps you will find the tone of resentment in some of the responses

Cause we heard some bad news about sufficient attention or to ignore the problem from the company

And now we know it is not true

We are confident that there is appreciation and respect to the Middle Eastern users and all users Equally

Regards

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ra3eha_saudi ()

• @ tony

you know how much I respect you , and I confirm you do your best regarding technical support here in Middle East
    but this problem - in particular - is out of your hand and you are not involved any way

I'm talking here about the mysterious and unhelpful reply I received about the problem
    the reply didn't give any hope for a solution , (the good man said he doesn't receive nilesat , so he can't realise the problem )
    so , as you see DMM was not having any idea about the problem before I write here

anyhow , I think it's time now to stop talking and let the people work

best regards..