No Motor Setup And Only Rf 30-39

• no motor setup i wounder who was the person that desided that its not needed, and the RF channel 30-39 only, seems he's a bright guy..
    i know how they got it all messed up, see in germany they only use astra 19 and hotbird 13 and dont move any dishs ..
    most people that spend £400 on a reciver in the UK have a 36volt motor with there dishs and use a 1.1 triax or 1.2 channel master if motorized..

good job i still have the 7020 i wounder how long we all have to wait...

Übersetzte Version..
    Keine Motoraufstellung ich wounder, der die Person jener desided war, dass seines nicht nötig, und der RF Kanal 30-39 nur, scheint, dass er ein heller Bursche ist. Ich weiß, wie sie es erhalten haben, den alle in Verwirrung gebracht haben, sieht in Deutschland, dass sie nur astra 19 und hotbird 13 und dont benutzen, irgendeine Gerichte. bewegen. Die meisten Leute, die £400 auf einem reciver im Vereinigten Königreich ausgeben, haben einen 36 volt Motor mit dort Gerichten und benutzen einen 1,1 triax oder 1,2 Kanälemeister wenn motorisierten.

Gute Aufgabe die ich noch habe die 7020 ich wounder, wie lang wir alle warten müssen..

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von icum ()

• With Diseqc 1.2 and/or USALS you will be able to drive a motor to a position what ever you want.

36V Motors you can drive with an adaptor that translate the diseqc 1.2 command into commands for your 36V Motor.

Diseqc 1.2 and USALS works very easy and without errors.

Read the manual and/or this forum.

• a.) Motors are supported, just the *programming* of the motor is not yet supported. So you either need to use usals or have pre-programmed positions.

b.) the limited rf channel range is a bug, i've created a bug entry. Should be fixed soon.

• 1. satellite config..
    config mode simple
    diseqc mode positioner
    longitude 00.141 west
    latitude 51.352 north

2. next selected manual scan, type of scan multisat..
    enabled 1west and 7east......

if the dish is on one of those satellites it only scans one satellite, but dose not move the dish ..
    and the manual is not very good needs more content added to the motorized section ..

• so if i went to somebodys house to install a dreambox 7025 plus a v-box and a 1.2 channel master with a 18" 36volt motor it will not work..

because the 7025 dose not support the *programming* of the motor and is not yet supported. So you need to use a pre-programmed positions, and to preprogram a positioner, dose that mean using a 7020 to setup the dish first as the 7025 cant do it..

allso dose that mean getting up to press the positioner every time i want to change satellite..

• Zitat

so if i went to somebodys house to install a dreambox 7025 plus a v-box and a 1.2 channel master with a 18" 36volt motor it will not work..

because the 7025 dose not support the *programming* of the motor and is not yet supported. So you need to use a pre-programmed positions, and to preprogram a positioner, dose that mean using a 7020 to setup the dish first as the 7025 cant do it..

Also note that you do not have a usable sat-finder on the 7025 yet - so at the moment even if you could move the motor, you could not check how good the reception was at the position the dish is pointing at. Therefor it's impossible to set up a motor system in an optimal position using only the 7025. Even setting up a single dish system pointing as Astra 19.2 is a bit difficult.

On the bright side: There is already a dummy menu for setting up the motor, so there's hope the situation will improve soon. (If not, I'll have to go on the roof to position my rotor so UALS would work in summer)

• this coment was post by a good member on our fourm, and it sums it up in one post..

Thanks for the info!

As I see it, the 7025 is still just a fancy pile of hardware.
    The so called software/firmware is a complete disaster!

Why the h*ll are people buying that box today?
    Until there is a decent firmware available, it's just a useless prototype!

Sorry DMM, but face it: You failed this time!

But that does not mean that I have anything against the company or their other products!
    I just love my 7000. - And I truly consider it to be a state-of-the-art receiver.

But still: Whenever any new product superceeds an older product from the same manufacturer, the least you can expect from the successor is that it has the same basic functionallity as its predecessor. In full working condition!
    - Not in a few months...
    - Not tomorrow...
    - But ON THE RELEASE DAY!

Sadly though, some people would probably buy the box even if it had a large warning label saying: "No processor mounted inside - Will hopefully be supplied later!"

• i think you have the constructive criticism, just wanted to get your attension, see moving the dish is more important than, the second tuner or rec on the harddisk, as you cant leave a custmers house when the dish dont move, because he wount pay you any money..

see when you turn up at a custermer house to fit a dream7025 fully motorized sys inc a channel master1.2 and the box cant move a dish
    you look a little stupid ..i fit 7020 all the time and he asked could he have a 7025 and i said yeah no problem...one would expect the same basic functionallity as its predecessor...

one thing i notest the lan speed a lot quicker, and the build quality seems good...

so lets hope you add the motor functionallity soon rather than later..

• If you visited the forum once before getting the 7025 you'd know that you can't expect the 7020
    functionality at all (as Enigma2 is completely new)

Alas moving the dish only seems to be important to people with motors.
    As far as I see it most of DMM's customers either have none or are happy with UALS or pre-stored
    positions. Most of them also have their dish aligned properly or use a different receiver to set up their systems.
    Once your system works, features needed to set it up correctly have a very low priority....

When I bought mine, I was very surprised that such a basic feature like a satfinder/manual movement was missing
    (and there was not much talk about it in the forums). Luckily I found out I could keep an analog receiver
    connected behind the 7025 to move the dish. So now I wait for better times, when changing
    the satellites doesn't require to get up from the sofa :smiling_face: .

Apart from that I'm quite happy with the firmware as it is now, so IMHO calling the 7025 a useless prototype is a bit over the top.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von almoss ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by TheDOC
    We are working heavily regarding the positioner setup.

to the development team why are we still waiting, its been 2 month and you still havent done anything...
    i think its time you done some work regarding this problem..

looks like you have mised the world cup, i can wait another 2 month and maybe you won't miss the start of the english premership football, but who knows...

think enthusiast have big dishs, and if they have a dreambox maybe they want to move them..

• and the RF 30-39...!!!

don't want to sound ungrateful, but when someone has been waiting this long you start to get fed up..

thanks..

• Zitat

Original von icum
    and the RF 30-39...!!!

don't want to sound ungrateful, but when someone has been waiting this long you start to get fed up..

thanks..

That's already fixed. I have my RF set to 60. :winking_face:

cu

floh

• I tried using the internal RF-modulator, but it appears to be more or less useless as the picture quality is really bad, with flicker other artifacts. It seems that the power is not properly filtered to the modulator.

I'm using an external modulator that gives me stereo sound as well :grinning_squinting_face: I wonder why the designers use such low quality design in a supposedly state-of-the-arts machine. :confused_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tipo874 ()