Experimental: NFI2CF

• PC is no needed for choosing, copying booting.

All takss of multiboot are available in an addon plugin within enigma enigma and can be done there.

Even CSV images can be downloaded with the remote control in the meantime.

PC with FTP is more or less only needed to FTP new Images to /MB_Images directory and maybe for copying settings and plugins not available by online update or BP if your image has one (but this is not discussed here)

ciao
    thowi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• OK, Im wrong :smiling_face:
    I didnt look at your multiboot tool, because I never use any multiboot on any box. I only have one image on the box and this one is in the flash :winking_face:
    So sorry, I thought you do it the same way as the multiboot solutions on the other boxes like fw and so on ...

• Hi guys,

I'm a quite newbie with Dreambox so I need a bit of your help.

I've used this program for my 7020 and doesn't work. The boot seems to start from CF (I see in my TV the logo of the image I converted and placed to CF with the prog) but the boot starts from the internal flash.

Into the first post of the 3ad is written that probably I've to patch the kernel to be able to use this with 7020.

Could someone of you tell me what I need to do for boot an image with my 7020.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Please take the following with a pinch of salt. I don't own a 7020, and the current sources for the bootloader is not public. In other words: I'm guessing...

As far as I know, there has been certain improvements in the bootloader from the lastest 7020 version to the current 7025 version. One of the improvements concerns the possibility to transfer parameters to the linux kernel that you want to boot. This is possible to do in the 7025 version, but probably not in the 7020 version. When you boot a standard kernel from the CF on a 7020, the kernel will be loaded from the CF, but the hard-wired root file system will still be flash. (On the 7025, you can use a kernel parameter to intruct the linux kernel to use a partition on CF or HDD as the root file system).

To get around this problem on the 7020, you would need to patch the kernel, to change the hard-wired root file system. More guessing: you can probably do this using a binary editor on a kernel, find the "root=" string, and patch the path to the root file system. Or you could change the kernel configuration and make your own kernel...

• is there a way to use this tools on a dm800 ?

i get KeyError: 'dm800'

and when i lock in ripimage.py
    i can only see

endianess = {"dm7025": "1234", "dm7020": "4321"}

would it be posibly to just add this

endianess = {"dm7025": "1234", "dm7020": "4321", "dm800": "1234"}

sems to work did just unpack a dm800 firmware

but i cant run buildimage always get error not a executive files or something.
    tested on 2 computers, one with slackware and the other with debian

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von t3ch ()

• Your change to ripimage.py looks valid.

About running buildimage: please remember that this package is over two years old, before the dm800 was introduced. Your best bet is probably to find the current sources for buildimage, and use those instead.

• Hi !

alten Thread hervorkram ....

Nachdem ich das dump ja im Barry Allen benutze um die nfi files der images auszupacken, wollte ich fragen ob es möglich wäre Hilfe zu bekommen es um die neue Compression 7 (also LZO) zu erweitern, die für das rootfilesystem der neuen auf dem 2.6.30 basierenden Kernel verwendet wird ?

Man müsste dafür ja eine lzo_decompress schreiben, und das ist nicht so einfach wie ich dachte.

Danke im Voraus für allfällige Hilfestellungen/Codespenden,..

LG
    gutemine

• hello!

is it posibly to add support for dm8000 in this script?

b.r

• Install Barry Allen, and then in /media/ba/bin you will find a ba.py which supports also the new boxes

• Alter Thread, aber da es hier schon mal gefragt wurde:

Aus gegebenem Anlass (PLi 3.0 Images mit lzo Compression im jffs2) habe ich mir halt auch den lzo support selber ins nfidump 6.0 gemacht.

• Sicher nicht - tmbinc wollte es nicht haben :smiling_face:

• warum, es wird bald in fast allen meinen Plugins verwendet und kann frei entnommen werden, nur selbstverständlich ist es halt nicht.

• derzeit nicht, und das wird erstmal so bleiben, weil es nicht selbstverständlich ist das ich mir die Arbeit damit mache.

Nachdem alle dafür nötigen Teile Open source und teilweise hier im Thread zu finden sind, könnt Ihr Euch sowas wie nfidump aber leicht selber bauen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kerni ()

• Nur wenn ich danach gefragt werde.

Aber der Sommer ist eh noch lang.