Xilleon 220 H or S?

• I know that 7025 has a Xilleon CPU. But is it a 220H or 220S model?

"http://www.ati.com/products/xilleon220/features.html"

• So, if I understand this correctly, this model is capable of decoding two high definition streams, per the ATI specs, corect?

<quote>Xilleon 220 is available in two configurations
    -Xilleon 220H is capable of decoding up to two high-definition streams or multiple standard-definition streams
    -Xilleon 220S is limited to the decode of standard-definition streams </quote>

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nattar ()

• last time i've checked, we still had the Xilleon 226.

Not sure if this changed since I closed the housing of my dreambox :winking_face:

And yes, the chip offer a lot more possibilities than currently implemented. However, some (mostly hardware) configuration block other ones. That's not described in the feature lists, of course. You cannot use all features at once.

(for example, we can never use the DVI outputs without sacrifying other stuff)

• Zitat

Originally posted by dcdead
    Well, the dm7025 is able to decode mpeg2 hdtv, so it should be obvious... :winking_face:

Well, that's the reason why I am asking. I am tuning onto channels that are supposed to be HDTV, but I am not getting it as HDTV!?

So, it looks like this is a newer version of the 220 CPU that at a minimum should be able to do what 220 can do. Then why can I not get HDTV channels in HD?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nattar ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because this is no HD-Box. It was never meant to be.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.