HD channels on Thor 0.8'w

• I need some help with a problem which has arisen with my setup and DM800 over the last couple of weeks.

The problem is, simply stated, that I am unable to tune into certain HD channels on the satellite Thor on 0.8'w. The HD channels are on frequencies 12015 and 12128 MHz using 8PSK and a symbol rate of 30k. I have tried a lot of options and even tried to replace the LNB but with no success. I live in Scandinavia and have good signal strength so that should not really be a problem. Nor do I think there is a problem with my DiSEqC switch as everything else seems to work well.

As a matter of fact, if I try to auto scan the whole Thor satellite than no services are found whatsoever. By manually entering the frequencies I do get all of the channels - except the ones on the above frequences. When I first got my DM800 everything was working just fine and a HD channel for Euro2008 on the frequency 12015 MHz was also coming up properly. I don't know what exactly has happend over the last weeks as some services were shuffled around on the Thor satellite.

Any idea what the problem could be ?! Is it something wrong with my Dreambox ? All help, or pointers to where I may a solution, will be greatly appreciated.

• I've been having the same problems with my DM800. When I manually search for 12015Mhz which has got the Eurosport HD and YLE Peking HD channels in it my DM800 tunes to those channels for a while but then it looses the signal. All the other HD channels have been ok.

Really strange.

Mixu

• I think it is quite horrible that there are so many people here who are having similar types of problems and DM are doing nothing to solve them!! When you email they simply respond that new software is coming out soon.

As for yesterday, I can now no longer view some other HD channels which used to come up just fine. I don't know what suddendly happened but now I get 'Tuning failed' or 'No PAT' type of errors on
    Thor: 11341.00V, dvb-s2.

Why would this happen all of a sudden ?! Manual searching does not help (no services are found whatsoever) on this transponder!!!

• I have exactly the same problem as you guys, I have tried manual searching the whole satellite and this particilar transponder only without success. I also tried uploading the settings lists downloaded from internet to my dm800 where these channels were already added, but my box won't tune..

Please let me know if any1 was able to solve this problem.

• Thanks for the reply, however I don't have a 7020 hereby I don't know where to get the file you mentioned from.

It appears that in addition to 12015H tp on Thor, I am unable to find any channels on some other h -polarization tp's. For example 12054H (Finnish SD channels).

• Zitat

Originally posted by mrabcx
    I think it is quite horrible that there are so many people here who are having similar types of problems and DM are doing nothing to solve them!! When you email they simply respond that new software is coming out soon.

As for yesterday, I can now no longer view some other HD channels which used to come up just fine. I don't know what suddendly happened but now I get 'Tuning failed' or 'No PAT' type of errors on
    Thor: 11341.00V, dvb-s2.

Why would this happen all of a sudden ?! Manual searching does not help (no services are found whatsoever) on this transponder!!!

Well that has nothing to do with the Dreambox at all, you can't blame Telenor's change on Dream(?):

http://www.telenorsbc.com/uplo…ry%20HD%20move_240608.pdf

http://www.telenorsbc.com/templates/Page.aspx?id=401

• Zitat

Original von 2pat
    Well that has nothing to do with the Dreambox at all, you can't blame Telenor's change on Dream(?):

cant agree, that happen on other sat positions also
    and i do not blame Dream but Enigma2 which do not able
    a) turn off 'autoservices' option (so often comes services from wrong sat position)
    b) havent imunity for old/lost/previous added services what blocks zaping on actual services
    c) do not able delete any service
    d) and finaly 'autoservices' option must have some checking function which checks does caught services/transponder is from right position

• this method helped me get EurosportHD from 13E

1. added one extra position into /etc/tuxbox>satellites.xml

2. added one extra LNB to /etc/enigma2>settings

3. executed "killall -9 enigma2" in telnet console

4. manualy scaned sigle transponder

• Hello ,

I have the same problem and though some think its might be related to the Diseqc I don't think so , I have an EMP Centauri p.168v1 8/1 Diseqc , its not Spaun but no Chines cheap one either ,

I done some reading in the forum and I think the problem is in the satellite.xml and that Enigma has somthing called autoupdate transponder or somthing that can't be disabled , I only have this problem with the HD channels on thor5 that the DM800 looses tune when I zap to an other HD channel on thor5 , even when it looses tune , and I zap to an SD channel on Thore5 "AXN Crime" it tunes without a problem . When I try to tune back to HD channel on Thor it doesn't work ,If I stay on one HD channel on thore and and reboot enigma it tunes to that channel - but when I zap from it it looses tune again even if I return to that channel again ,I think what we need it to add seperate , now I have thore and "1w" in the DM800 sat tuner menu , and I think it should be 0.8w , could it be that because it says 1w insted of 0.8w it won't work , I checked my sat XML file and 1w has also the frequencies of thor3/5 in there .

Did any of you ever got it solved ?