dm800 Sat Scan/Auto services update Bug ("SID not found in PAT")

• start is there: Multisat suche

next i tryed scan as 'Single sattelite', result almoust same - few services from chosen position plus many from Astra 19E(DiseqSwitch Input 1)

after tryed 'Single transponder' mode, after finish all is ok(attached file 'lamedb_def+36')
    BUT after few zaps comes message 'SID not found in PAT' and that is ower of any channel can be set
    services file(attached as 'lamedb_def+36_AfterZap') now are damaged by function 'auto services update' which cant be turned off(like in Enigma1)

also have tryed add options "commandOrder=cut" and "diseqcRepeats=one" to each LNB, it doesnt change anything

p.s.
    had to owerpay for dm800, it cost for me around 560Eur (without a HDD) - nice box for one sat position

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ghost asked me to answer you because my english is slightly better than his, so I'll give it a try. :smiling_face:

Zitat

echo 5 > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude

could fix your problem, you could try "echo 7" also.
    This value fixes the Diseqc-problem from the other thread (dvb-s2 tuner problem ?)
    You need an fresh image from here: http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.5/dm800/images/ with the latest drivers to test this solution. (either release or experimental image, both will work)

Explanation: This new value fixes Diseqc problems which are the origin of your error. Since diseqc doesn't work with the old drivers and the value "6", the service search finds services from other satellites and allocates them to other (wrong) satellites, which results in defective results.

Please report what you found out!

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• THANK You for help

with some values better with some less
    when chose [Services Searching]->[Manual Scan]->[Single sattelite] with option [Clear before scan]=yes
    on some values first found channels are from wrong sat pposition but on some they come laiter
    and no mater is it 36E where circular frequencies presented but also on 13E

and i dont think that problem comes on diseq cause first zap to different sat position havent any problem,
    but after first zap services list is damaged by autoservices function which doesnt check from which position is caugt transponder

also is so strange why during scan one sat position diseq is swiched on other ?!?!

image: release-dm800_20080526.nfi
    with previous(20080504) had booting loop problem after box were unpluged from yesterday evening

by first i need some command which turn OFF 'autoservices update' option

• Hi

No, this doesn't help at all, neither 5 or 7.

Actually the problem appears mostly on NTV+ (hooked via Disecq1.1 to one of Inputs), which uses circular left and circular right polarizations and the problem ALWAYS shows up when switching between channels on transponders with different polarization

thanks in advance!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nixus ()

• Hi,

I´m experiencing the same prolem on my Unicable-System:

Box: DM800S - directly connected to LNB
    Image: iCVS-Image-dm800-20090121173454
    LNB: Kathrein UAS481
    Dish: 90cm
    Satellite: Astra 1F/1G/1H/1KR/1L/1M @ 19.2E

I have two symptoms for this:

1) There are a lot of transponders, where the DM wont find any chanels at all. (Eg. transponder 107 on 12,5450 broadcasting 6 german FTA chanels).
    Running the satfinder tuned on the settings of transponder 107 (Freq. 12,5450 GHz, Pol. H, SR 22000, FEC 5/6) returnes good values: SNR 17.0 db and an errorate of 0.
    Any kind of channel scan doesn't return a match on this transponder.

I have tried to add one of the services manually using the "DreamBoxEdit" tool, but the tuning in still fails. Interestingly in the info bar the SNR and EBR is reported with the same value as seen in the satfinder.

Changing the tone_amplitude to any value between 5 and 11 didn't help either.
    ("echo # > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude" via telnet, where # stands for the value to be set)

2) Zapping between the channels found via manual scan (FTA only) often results in the "Tuning failed (SID not found in PAT)" error. "Often" means, that these chanels sometimes are found and displayed correctly.

Before writing this post I spent a lot of time searching this board for people with similiar problems and perhaps a useful solution, but none worked for me.
    In some threads of this board a lot of DiSEqC settings are mentioned for various DiSEqC-switches without any comment.
    I don't think it is worth trying to use theese settings on a unicable LNB without knowing what they do and how they will affet the LNB function.

I know, the image i used is not an original DMM, but i need it for unicable. And the uploader Schaedelmeister used the most recent CVS as base for it.

My questions now are:
    What is the "PAT" and can I edit it? (If yes, is it worth trying, and how?)
    How does the tone_amplitude affect the operation of DiSEqC?
    Where can I find enough informations about DiSEqC commands for unicable systems to understand the settings in the satelliteequipmentcontrol-plugin?

Greez,
    MrShape.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT (2009 01 28):

As unicable now is supported in the experimental DMM images i switched back to the original.
    Now running ist "experimental-dm800_20090126".

A good sideeffect is, that my iDream Remote (iPhone App) is working now. - But the "SID not found in PAT" behaviour is still the same.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MrShape ()