Cannot reboot after flash

• I received my new DM-7025 yesterday. I installed it, quickly tested it and was quite disapointed: Compared to what I saw on the DM-7020 user manual, 7025 User Manual and OSD menus seems to be quite simplified! But things appeared to work fine.

So, I decided to flash the unit with the last firmware (dm7025_20060116_3.nfi) that I downloaded to my PC. When I stopped the boot process, (pressing on the front panel 'Down' key), I could not get an IP address. The messages 'dhcp...' and '*** STOP ***' were displayed but no address was found. I tried many times and finally it worked, I don't know why!

So, I finally flashed my unit through my PC browser. Apparently, everything worked well, 100% of the flash process was completed and the message on the left of the progress bar indicated 'finished'.

So, I turned off the unit and restarted it.

However, since that moment, I have 2 problems:

1) The DM-7025 refuses to boot. At first, the LCD displays the message 'BOOT #41 20060116'. Secondly, it displays 'dhcp...' and '/flash/vmlinux.gz' and, after a moment, it displays nothing anymore but stays illuminated. If I wait, nothing happens, even after 5 or 10 minutes, and I cannot turn the unit off using the unit's 'Off' button!

2) When stopping the boot process, I cannot obtain an IP address. The messages 'dhcp...' and '*** STOP ***' are displayed but no address is found!

Help would be welcomed! I saw some threads that seems to concern this subject but I don't understand German!

Thank you in advance!

• try to flash the box again with dreamup and a nullmodem cable

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• It's actually quite difficult to find a nullmodem cable nowadays.

Itsn't possible to flash the dm-7025 with PC-Card or USB key but without network? If yes how?

Thank you in advance

• Zitat

Original von gedeon
    Itsn't possible to flash the dm-7025 with PC-Card or USB key but without network?

No, only with a nullmodem cable (look dm7025.de).

Computer sind dazu da Probleme zu lösen, die man ohne Computer gar nicht hätte

• But is the result of flashing the box the same if made through the network with a browser or directly with a nullmodem cable?

If not, wha't the difference between the 2 ways of doing it?

• you told us, that you don't have network acccess to your box after your first try to flash so the only way to flash your box now is via nullmodem cable

btw: do you have a dhcp server in your network? my dhcp server in the router is configurated to give the dm7025 alway the same ip. the box will be recognized by mac adress. so i can try to access the box always with the same ip.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• It was actually a little simplified!

Actually, I have troubles to access the DreamBox through the network but, sometimes I can and sometimes I cannot! I don't know why! The network cable I use to connect the box to my network perfectly works with other computers so I don't think it's a hardware problem outside the DreamBox.

However, when I can connect to the box, I can flash it again but the result is always the same as first described, it doesn't finish booting and hangs with a blank LCD screen.

When I could connect to the box with the network with Telnet, I also updated the network settings of the box and try using a free fix IP address but it does not help to ensure I can connect to the box, nor does it ensure it finishes booting.

So, obiously, something is going wrong somewhere and this is why I asked if flashing from the serial port would have a better result than flashing through the browser. If not, I hope I will be able to "better" flash the box through serial port but I'm still trying to find a null modem serial cable. If the result would be the same, I will need to find an other solution than just flashing the box.

I already made several hours of trials around this and starts to get mad!

Is it possible that the box has a hardware problem?

Thank you in advance for any support...

• Hi Gedeon,
    I receive my dreambox7025 yesterday as you. As you, I'm very disapointed about the OSD, it's a pitty. I was thinking that the lasted soft was inside. So, as you, I decided to Flash the box with the lasted published soft. But, some bad experienced tought me to first look at forum's and I read your problem.
    So I used DreamUp and everythings looks OK but the result seem the same as you. It seems that the box did'nt boot but it's no right !
    The box boot like a new one, everything is forgotten. Do'nt look at the LCD, connect it to a TV.
    What I saw is that the new firmware release from 16/01/06 is the same as that was inside the box. So, nothing is change.
    The soft may be the same or the flash did'nt work, but the box is working when I rescan the satelites.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von La_Chiure ()

• La Chiure,

You are right, the box actually boots but, as long as you are not connected to the TV, you don't see it and you think it's hanging. But, when you connect it to the TV, you see that the wizard is waiting for you!!!

Thank you for your help, I was getting mad with this and I was not imagining at all that everything was normal!

But anyway, I'm disapointed to see the simplified user interface comparing to what I saw in the DM-7020 user manual. Hope things will progress quickly...