Buttons in enigma2

• Hi, we have been struggling with buttons in enigma2.

When we add a new screen, buttons are simply not showing. Just a 'flat' colour area.

We have been checking the sources of other screens, but nobody seems to be able to add proper buttons.

It now looks like the left picture, but we would like it to look like the right picture with real buttons.

Thx,

Michel

• I think that theses Buttons are PNG-Images with overlaying text, but i´m to sure.

Why not have a look at the source of the screen of the right picture?

• I have managed to add the buttons now, but now my text has disappeared :winking_face:

• taken from the backupplugin:

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• Thx for your reply, but I'm afraid this won't help. In the backup/restore plugin images contain 'hardcoded' text. In other words, the text is the image itself.

I took the /screens/Pluginbrowser.py as example. This is a screen with text 'printed' on top of the button.

I see no difference in my code and the pluginbrowser as far as the part that displays the button and text goes. My screen does not show any text though :frowning_face: Who'se fooling me here :grinning_squinting_face:

Reichi:, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your boardrules. I just thought this example of code would be a better (clearer). There was no 'illegal' code actually in there.

This is what I now have in the mountmanager:

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von michel72 ()

• an ePixmap is just a pixmap, and cannot be a label.

you need two elements: the ePixmap in background and a "widget" (Label) (with transparency) in foreground.

• We've got it. Thx!

I did try the labels at some point, but gave the ePixmap the same variable. Now that we just gave them a fictional name everything works fine. :smiling_face:

Cheers,

Michel

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von michel72 ()