Procedure to install drivers for TBS5925

• Gents,

I am trying to install a TBS 5925 USB tuner on DM900. I found the driver for it in feeds, is inside kernel-module-usb-dvb. I also added the firmware in /lib/firmware, file extension is *.fw.

In fact at the end I added all kernel modules (960) and all firmwares just to test if it will work. Power off/power on. USB out / USB in. No luck.
    Here is printscreen for lsusb:

I am using the latest OS image (unstable) with GP3.3.

Can you please help?

Thank you in advance!

• Thanks for your support. This is how DM understand to communicate with their customers. There was not even a negative reply, NOTHING!
    Very disappointed, but no surprise finally!
    DM lost not only a customer, you lost other 10 potential customers. Good job!

• For supporting usb tuners there must be also activated some kernel modules in the defconfig of each model and also the usbtuner must be inside of each image active.
    As I know usbtuner is not installed in original dmm image and some teams have support for it
    Dream Elite for example has support for usb tuners but not all. But we can expand it to TBS Tuners
    Support for it you will get on their forum

• Thanks for your reply. I tried already dream-elite image but without success so far. In fact I am also looking for TBS drivers support for DM525, but let's not go offtopic.

From openpli forum I found somewhere a thread about tbs drivers support. Looks that there must be applied some patches. All sounds good, only I am not a guru in linux and this equals with lost time and nerves for something that suppose to be much easier.

Just to conclude: your reply is just to confirm one more time that DM guys prefers to stay away and let other teams and community members solve problems related to their products. Or all this silence is because this usb tuner is way better than their stock module tuners?! Hope not the case, but all the time they can find excuses for anything.

• DP has more then enough tuners that they support offering all necessary functionality for the majority of their customers.

• Right, many tuners, what can I say?! I am a living example: I own 3 DM900 module tuners (1 DVB-S2 twin delivered with the box, 1 hybrid bought as it was badly advertised everywhere that is supporting multistream and finally 1 twin with support for MIS). Not happy with any of these 3. Slow scanning, some services never can be found as there are bit rates, modulation and FEC DM hw can't support.
    As anticipated I didn't get the needed support from DM on this particular case - very polite manner to say sorry, can't do! Majority of the users may be satisfied with what they find in feeds, unfortunately I am not.
    Looks I have to get back to some other team images where the TBS drivers are supported and working.

Thanks again for the great support!

• Right, many tuners, what can I say?! I am a living example: I own 3 DM900 module tuners (1 DVB-S2 twin delivered with the box, 1 hybrid bought as it was badly advertised everywhere that is supporting multistream and finally 1 twin with support for MIS). Not happy with any of these 3. Slow scanning, some services never can be found as there are bit rates, modulation and FEC DM hw can't support.
    As anticipated I didn't get the needed support from DM on this particular case - very polite manner to say sorry, can't do! Majority of the users may be satisfied with what they find in feeds, unfortunately I am not.
    Looks I have to get back to some other team images where the TBS drivers are supported and working.

Thanks again for the great support!

Slow Scanning ????
    Really ??

i have three of them , and in comparison to vu is too fast.
    for 13E it takes 6-7 min maximum

also have blind scan :grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face:

• Thank you all for your feedback.
    I will look forward for dream elite following release! Great news, many thanks!
    Also will test again ATV image, I know it worked on DM900 but didn't tried lately. In fact I tried these days TBS support on DM525 box but didn't worked for me.

In 10 years of using DM all the time I never contacted DM official support for any issue, demands or requests. If I had problems, I found my answers elsewhere, always. I opened this topic in order to get DM official answer, hoping there is a positive support for this great tuner. So wrong...

IMO DM suppose to be a premium receiver dedicated for those satellite enthusiasts that are looking for more than what a standard dedicated DTH receiver or other receivers from the market may offer. Trust all agree here.
    TBS makes some of the best sat tuners available these days. Of course DM team may not offer support to all possible tuners in the world. But to not offer support for a top sat tuner? What is this, hello?!

Hiding behind the finger, providing polite excuses or even worse express unnecessary arrogance and sufficiency will not help DM in keeping the loyality of their customers. I may continue using DM as I did till now, i.e. without any interaction with DM support. Or I may try vu+ or octagon or whatever other brands. It's a free world, I'll chose whatever makes me happy and will help with my hobby.

I will end this thread with a 2 rethorical questions, who wants to think, think, who wants to hide, hm, ok, just do what you know better:
    1. How many DM owners are using on DM boxes ONLY the official DM image with DM official plugins, DM official skins, DM official feeds etc?
    2. Few DM professional, paid people which are giving support only for standard, entry level issues are doing a better job than all community teams and experienced sat members that are helping each other FOR FREE?

One more thing: searching around for alternative images found that some of these images are so great and I start thinking that these images will fit better on other receivers. So the road have two ways. Some people, including me, will start from an image and will end by using other receiver that "fits" better that image and image features.

Sorry for the long post.

All the best for everyone!