openembedded now uses monotone 0.26+

• thanks for the info and how-to.

I am using your makefile but the pull of the DB was ok but then i get this message.

any idea ?

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• hast Du neu kompiliert und ist die mtn in /usr/bin?
    Ich habe monotone 0.28 kompiliert und die mtn befindet sich nun bei mir unter /usr/local/bin.
    Die Makefile-opendreambox muss dann natürlich angepasst werden:

Code
    MTN=/usr/local/bin/mtn

Ein Problem ist halb gelöst, wenn es klar formuliert ist. (John Dewey, 1859-1952)

• MikeV
    I ran into the same problem. As far as I see is the workspace (openembedded/MT directory) with the new monotone different from the old. The new monotone needs a workspace directory "openembedded/_MTN". A simple rename doesnt solve the problem, because the option file contains the wrong database and the old revision, which is stored inside the revision file did not exist in the new oe.mtn database.
    So the correct way is to create a new "openembedded" directory. So simply delete (or rename) the "openembedded" directory and call "make image" again. A new openembedded directory will be created with a new and correct workspace and everything should be fine.

• Hi,

simple restart all from scratch, it's useful to save just downloaded packages (sources).

I had the same problem, and a brand new make from scratch has resolved (mtn 0.28 here).

FlashWizard PRO developer

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von musicbob ()

• tmbinc

however, on compile start the bitbake states "unknown" for OE_REVISION (monotone 0.28 here)

OE Build Configuration:
    BB_VERSION = "1.4.2"
    OE_REVISION = "<unknown>"
    TARGET_ARCH = "mipsel"
    TARGET_OS = "linux"
    MACHINE = "dm7025"
    DISTRO = "opendreambox"
    TARGET_FPU = "soft"

I have rebuilt all from scratch (except sources download), and mtn update seems ok:

cd openembedded; /usr/bin/mtn --db=../oe.mtn update
    mtn: updating along branch 'org.openembedded.dreambox'
    mtn: already up to date at 5e1272e749d8d72cb03ed0a96616b384591a8572

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von musicbob ()

• Ran a clean install for compiling dm7025 and used montone 0.28 on a Debian Sarge. Ran "make -f Makefile-opendreambox" the new one from the top of this thread.

Then I goto the build directory and run bitbake dreambox-image and gets lots of these errors, or is it nothing to concern about?

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (0011/3019) [ 0 %]NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x424e474c>)) while evaluating:
    ${@base_read_file('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion')}
    NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x424e474c>)) while evaluating:
    ${SHLIBS} kernel (${KERNEL_VERSION})
    ERROR: ("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x424e474c>)) while parsing /home/olpo03/dm7025/openembedded/packages/alsa/alsa-driver_0.9.6-hh4c.bb
    NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (0032/3019) [ 1 %]NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4250778c>)) while evaluating:
    ${@base_read_file('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion')}
    NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4250778c>)) while evaluating:
    ERROR: ("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4250778c>)) while parsing /home/olpo03/dm7025/openembedded/packages/at76c503a/at76c503a-modules_cvs.bb
    NOTE: Handling BitBake files: - (0040/3019) [ 1 %]NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4247ca2c>)) while evaluating:
    NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4247ca2c>)) while evaluating:
    ERROR: ("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion', <exceptions.IOError instance at 0x4247ca2c>)) while parsing /home/olpo03/dm7025/openembedded/packages/atmelwlandriver/atmelwlandriver_3.3.5.6.bb
    NOTE: bb.build.FuncFailed:("can't read from file '%s' (%s)", ('/ho

• weegull

It was the same for me too, on the first compile.
    I simply ignored them all, because those errors didn't stop compiling, in my case.

Then, after the successfull ending of compile, I didn't see those errors no more.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von musicbob ()

• First of all: Is this for 7020 too? Can I change to MACHINE=dm7020?

weegull and musicbob
    whitch Linuxdistribution do you have? Here the same "problem" with bitbake 1.4.2 on Ubuntu Dapper

rrr_load

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rrr_load ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by rrr_load
    First of all: Is this for 7020 too? Can I change to MACHINE=dm7020?

weegull and musicbob
    whitch Linuxdistribution do you have? Here the same "problem" with bitbake 1.4.2 on Ubuntu Dapper

rrr_load

As I already wrote, this has nothing to do with a linux distribution. The "openembedded" directory should be build new, because the old options inside this directory are not compatible to the new monotone.

So in your oe directory simply delete or rename the "openembedded" dir and start the make image, which will build a new "openembedded" dir. Thats all :winking_face:

• Zitat

Original von Seddi

As I already wrote, this has nothing to do with a linux distribution. The "openembedded" directory should be build new, because the old options inside this directory are not compatible to the new monotone.

So in your oe directory simply delete or rename the "openembedded" dir and start the make image, which will build a new "openembedded" dir. Thats all :winking_face:

Hallo Seddi,
    i have read your post carefully, before I wrote the above, but this are two different problems (I hope so)!
    As I undrestood, you have the problem with the false directory, when you try to run the new Makfile in your old ${PWD}?!?
    I make a new build in a new ${PWD}! I have`n a problem with "_MTN".

My problem is, that bitbake shows the errors same to weegull! bitbake 1.3.0 is the only version without errors. It seems to be a debian/(k)ubuntu problem (see BiB).
    Auf deutsch: es geht rein um die Anzeigefehler, die bitbake produziert! Das Ergebnis ist ja ok, wie musicbob schreibt.
    Was ist:
    '/home/olpo03/dm7025/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/kernel/kernel-abiversion'

rrr_load (möchte gern einen anderen Nick. Wer ist hier der Schädel? ;))

• rrr_load
    Sorry, hab gerade nochmal durchgeblättert. Bin heute morgen nur drüber geflogen und hab den Post von weegull übersehen und bin irgendwie davon ausgegangen das es immer noch um das gleiche Problem geht ... tja die Hitze macht einen schon etwas wirr im Kopf :grinning_squinting_face: