Hdmi in , Will it ever work?

• Hi
    I am a little frustrated.
    I did buy the 7080, one of reason was the hdmi in, think it is awesome, and just what I need.

But cant get it to work, and read others have same problem.

Now 2 month later, still not working

Question, Does it work for any?

Will it ever work, I think, if hardware works, why not working?

I really need that hdmi in, if not, I would have bought the vu+2duo2 instead....

DM8000hd , DM800hd , DM7080

• Maybe I repeat myself - but what makes you so sure that it doesn't work already :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• Maybe I repeat myself - but what makes you so sure that it doesn't work already :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Hi buddy
    Thx for reply

But if it works, how do you change input then?

On dm8000 I can select input, cant find that option on dm7080?

Please help if I do something wrong

Thx in advance

and happy new-year to all

• DMM will implement it sooner or later, so be patient! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

I try to be patient, but I don't understand how you can sell a product with promised hardware feature not working.
    I am afraid it is hardware issue.
    I think, if hardware is ready, it shouldn't be hard to implant the software switch to select the input?

On my dm8000, it is long press power, then I can select input, but not possible on the dm7080...

waited 2 month now.
    tried to email dream-multimedia 3 weeks ago, but no reply from them

happy new year

• I think I already posted this month ago:

Code
    echo aux > /proc/stb/avs/0/input

And to get encoder back:

Code
    echo encoder > /proc/stb/avs/0/input

But this is only half of the lunch :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Just because it is not in menu.xml doesn't mean that it isn't there.

A simple strings /usr/bin/enigma2 | grep avs will tell you ... something ...

And a search in enigma.py for eAVSwitch tells you ... more ...

• Thx for reply

I tried the code with telnet
    I have my apple tv connected to hdmi in, and enter the code.
    The picture disappears , but turns to pink screen, not apple tv, but pink screen.

Can you get real picture by use your code? or same result as with me.
    im still afraid of hardware failure, and maybe its why they haven't activated it in the menu

But thx for reply

• HDMI pass trough is nothing to be afraid of - lots of devices including my X-Box One can do this ... but it doesn't really get me excited to save an HDMI Port on my TV :face_with_rolling_eyes:

BUT for the moment you will probably have to live with the pink picture ...

• HDMI pass trough is nothing to be afraid of - lots of devices including my X-Box One can do this ... but it doesn't really get me excited to save an HDMI Port on my TV :face_with_rolling_eyes:

BUT for the moment you will probably have to live with the pink picture ...

I hear you
    But in my house it would matter a lot.
    I got 1 hdmi going upstairs, and this way I could have my atv3 or ps4 connected to my dm7080, and benefit of 2 units upstairs...
    It was the part that did the last in my choosing of which reciver to buy.

Before on my dm8000, it worked perfect, but only scart, this way I could do it with hdmi.

And I just don't get it, if it is a simple hdmi pass trough, why is it not working then?
    im afraid it is hardware fault, but only time will tell.

Only upgrade over my dm8000 is speed, but there is more downgrade in it in my book sadly.
    Hope it all work out in the end

Just cant accept you can sell a prioduct with features promised that is not available.
    If I did buy it in Denmark, I would return it to dealer, but I did buy it from germany

But thx for helping me out.

Have a nice weekend

• Nonsense, why should it not work as this is feature of the used broadcom Chip.

What is MUCH more interesting then HDMI passtrough would be to Transocde the input ... which is the reason why I'm patient to wait ... as this would be a much nicer feature with lots of ... possibilities.

• Nonsense, why should it not work as this is feature of the used broadcom Chip.

What is MUCH more interesting then HDMI passtrough would be to Transocde the input ... which is the reason why I'm patient to wait ... as this would be a much nicer feature with lots of ... possibilities.

You think that could be possible?
    that would be pure awesome

• Lot of us might not be happy with Dream's development speed....very strange that at least simple hdmi Pass through has not been implemented yet...:(

Code
    Wenn jeder nur an sich selbst denkt, ist wenigstens an alle gedacht.
  • I also have an urgent need of '' hdmi in ", also, it is impossible to turn off the blue light while recording, is also absent from the menu this setting

Dream Multimedia .. wake up, if you want to sell a lot this product!

• Did you try the /proc/ interface commands mentioned above?
    Or just use the Transcoding streaming server! There you can also record the HDMI IN.

Note that both (of course) won't work with a HDCP protected source.

I don't know what the blue light has to do with this matter, but you can disable it with the Plugin LED Manager :winking_face:
    [E2 Plugin] ledManager für OE2.0 und OE2.2

thanks, I hope very much that in these months will enable the door "HDMI in" to view two decoders into a single output "HDMI Out", with selectable menu

I was wondering if it will be technically possible to implement the record of what transmits the door "HDMI in", it will be possible?

• Streaminfg support for HDMI IN is now available since months and this includes wachting it and recording.

So you are ... late.