Frage zur neuen EPG- Datenbank

• Vielleicht hier einige Anhaltspunkten:

Dec 28 14:45:49 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGImport] autostart (0) occured at 1419774349.08
    Dec 28 14:45:49 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGImport] autostart (0) occured at 1419774349.73
    Dec 28 14:45:49 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to -1 (now=1419774349)
    Dec 28 14:45:49 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGRefreshTimer] next real activation is Sun Dec 28 20:15:01 2014
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [Toplevel.importExternalModules] Imported external module: EPGRefresh
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] set outdated epg timespan to 1 hours...
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] set cache timespan to 28 days!
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.db'
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] time updated.. start EPG Mainloop
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] data thread started
    Dec 28 14:45:50 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] Loading database into memory
    Dec 28 14:45:55 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] db thread started
    Dec 28 14:45:55 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] cleanupOutdated
    Dec 28 14:45:59 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] channel 0x2b1b560 running
    Dec 28 14:45:59 dm7080 enigma2[180]: [EPGC] next update in 2 sec

Ich habe behalte eine stunde die alte EPG data.

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.

• In der r18 hatte ich 30 Tage reingemacht, aber das ist in der r19 wieder auskommentiert um zu testen ob das Unlock ausreicht.

Gibt es settings parameter die das steuern ?

Wobei im Moment macht mir das mehr Sorgen warum man manche EPG Events vom UK EPG nicht zum Aufnehmen benutzen kann.

• I have cheked this for the Dutch Canal Digital channels but in this epg there is no timer isu. all works fine.
    So only on the UK channels there i a timer isu.

• I already wrote that it is not a generic problem, did you try adding 'eng' as language as suggested above ?

• @gutemine: ich würde sagen, dass der wert aus der config (config.misc.epgcache_timespan) übernommen wird. das kann unter 'Anpassen...' eingestellt werden.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• jo es gibt 2 Einstellungen:

config.misc.epgcache_timespan (wie viele Tage des EPGs im Cache gehalten werden sollen max. 28 Tage)
    config.misc.epgcache_outdated_timespan (wie viele Stunden EPG Events noch im Cache behalten werden sollen auch wenn sie schon abgelaufen sind)

• Then I run out of ideas ... for the moment ...

dre

dann helfen uns die Parameter nichts, dann bleibt nur die Frage warum Unlock aus der enigma.py auch nicht 100%ig hilft, weil das ist im Moment in der r19 :frowning_face:

• Tested:
    - created own french.sources.xml
    - manual import: ~6 minutes - watched the incoming events (~40.000) in the plugin - sometimes spinner coming up - epg.db = 24MB.
    - at the end: Controlled EPG: All OK!
    - set a timer with an EPG event in the future on a different channel. -> Box zapped and started recording.
    :smiling_face:

Next test:
    - stopped enigma2
    - deleted epg.db
    - started enigma2
    - set Automatic import ON
    - set import time
    - put the box on standby
    - watched 'top' via telnet -> import time reached -> enigma2 takes 100% CPU for ~6 minutes -> LCD shows "~40.000" EPG events imported". -> enigma2 process calmed down.
    - waked up the box -> controled the EPG -> ALL OK!

Veeeeery cool!

That's all I can test. I'm NOT a developer to be able to judge if it could be optimized or be accelerated.
    Usually, I use CrossEPG (on my OE2.0 box) which imports the EPG at night, so even if it takes long time to do, it's not disturbing for me.

Thank you very much gutemine.

There's just one thing I don't understand.
    You said: "Das ist KEINE Release und ich werde auch sicher KEINE machen, das Plugin hat einen Maintainer und ich bin das nicht und ich habe auch NICHT vor irgendwas von meinen Änderungen dort einzuchecken."
    Wo auch immer "dort" ist, und wer auch immer der Maintainer ist, den Du offensichtlich nicht ausstehen kannst...

Where is the problem to release your nice work?
    You'll make many people happy?

Will there be a chance that this could be integrated in the DMM image?

• The problem ist that it is Part or OpenPLi and uses their git and support forum - which means the chance is close to 0 that hey will put something in to add OE2.2 support - but off course you can always ask Milo who is listed in control file as the maintainer :grinning_squinting_face:

I will not as I dropped OpenPLi support when they dropped DMM support.

On the other hand the Plugin is under GPL - as long as I keep their license and all the other infos and the code stays puplic I can do what I want with it and they can't complain.

But as I already explained for me only the epgdb.py part was a kind of reasearch project and fun to see if I can make it work.

But I produced already a lot of as-it-is stuff, so to be honest I don't care.

• Sehe ich auch so. Es müsste wohl wirklich eine Option geben, das befüllen des epg durch e2 temporär zu disablen.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Englisch ist einfacher für mir.

I was looking at +0000 that is used to calculate the time correction. During the import it goes well and 0 time 3600 is 0 so that's work.

When I browse in the single EPG I see the following messages when on BBC One HD:

not found 011a0000 0802 0002 1b1d

And when it is read in by the box itself:

(DB)found 011a0000 0802 0002 1b1d

I see now it is not the Hashes.....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von msatter ()

• I'm too far east for receiving BBC via 28.2 - I would need a better channel for reprdoducing your problem.

You say you HAVE epg but it is not able to see it with simply EPG and hence programm timers with it - bot how do you then know that you have EPG?

• You can try BBC World which is also on 19.2

When I not used XMLTV yet I have now and next. After using XMLTV I have a few days of EPG but then only the short title.

When I do a second XMLTV import with an other listing them the database has still the same size or bigger but I am back to now and next on the UK channels.

• In the Plugin settings you can setupl for how long long descriptio nshould be added - standard is 5 - I use 30 for testing.

On BBC World I have full EPG when running and I can programm timers too :face_with_rolling_eyes:

So this is not a good example - but it is also available on Hotbird I think - find a better example.

But I now found a trick to get also BBC without reciving it - I just loaded standard channel lists for 28.2 - voial BBC One Two ... are in the channel list.

Strange I can reproduce this now on BBC Four HD - all other BBC don't show EPG at all after importing.

But this gives me an idea - so you have EPG but the Green Button is not showing add timer - right ??

This whole don't load long descriptions after xxx days was introduced to save memory on the old boxes, under OE 2.2 there is no need to save any memory as we have plenty.

But the way the Plugin code truncates the long description could maybe confuse the EPG Database with it's text hashing ... let's see if this assumption is leading somewhere.

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• You are faster than me and just moved to the other room were my 7080 is and indeed BBC World is filled neatly with EPG.

Nice I did not know that BBC Four is now also HD so now I have all four in HD in my listing.

I browsed this afternoon in the database and looked for the title that was on that moment and I could only find it on two other places but not the on the name/SID for BBC One HD.

I see see the titles but I have no green button.....

Made screen shots and the first is without XMLTV import. Two is after XMLTV import and three a Dutch channel with complete functionality.

• So it happens probably only an channels with a strange combination of long and short description, as the long description seems to be missing and hence the OE2.2 seems to distrust and allow no timer with these events.

I will try a simple woraround - if long description is an ampty string - use short description there too ... let's see.

• I have looked up the line in UK XMLTV:

<programme start="20141228190000 +0000" stop="20141228200000 +0000" channel="BBC4.uk">
    <title lang="en">The Bermuda Triangle: Beneath the Waves</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">[Documentary]</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">In the past few years more than 120 ships and planes have vanished in the Bermuda Triangle. Professor Bruce Denardo sets out to discover if there is any truth in the old mariners' tales of holes in the ocean, and investigates the strange disappearance of Flight 19. Meanwhile, Graham Hawkes boards a state-of-the-art submarine to reveal how five wrecks ended up 730ft below the surface.
    Presenter (Bruce Denardo), Presenter (Graham Hawkes).</desc>
    </programme>

BTW I see the language indication present in the labels in front of title lang/sub-title lang/desc lang.

• strange, then a missing long description can not do the harm. Anything else that looks strange which could cause this mess ?