Converting Chinese Titles to English Wordings in EPG

• kashmir
    you are talking completely about another thing - how to see unreadable text = find right codepage
    there is searched solution how to choose one of many EPG in preferred language when provider sends multiple different languages,
    DMM ignores that feature request over couple of years :frowning_face:
    interested on that feature for Viasat on 5E

• Ok, thanks for the info. But if it works on his dm500 and dm800 with an OpenPLi image why does it not work with the same OpenPLi image on his dm7020? i don't think that this feature is only present in the OpenPLi dm500/dm800 images but not in the dm7020 images.

• Maybe becausethere is no OpenPLi for 7020HD v2? But that's not a topic for this board :winking_face:

But I want to come back to another point:

I had been thinking, could be the EPG downloading's site of Dm800 and Dm500 are different from Dm7020? If it is, how to check and change the downloading 's site to the same one as Dm800/Dm500?

EPG is NOT downloaded from any web site in standard images without special plugins. It's delivered by the provider as part of the DVB signal. Maybe you're replacing that signal with some EPG download on your other two boxes?

Last, but not least: Which channels are we talking about anyway? Which satellite?

so long
    m0rphU

• So I install the same brand of images which is Dream Elite from my Dm800. I had spend 3 hours searching and configuring it but unsuccessful.

OpenPli, Dream Elite, Newnigma - I give up :face_with_tongue: If you really installed the same image on all boxes there must be a difference in the software because that's not a hardware feature and as m0rphU said, the EPG is downloaded directly from the channel and not from the internet, except you use some extra EPG plugins to do so like the rytec EPG plugin.

• Hi Kashmir, could you please help me create a plugin that is able to convert the Chinese titles (which is displaying in rubbish format) to readable Chinese characters in EPG? I understand there may be quite a lot of work, so to be fair I am willing to pay for your times spend in it. My amy contact me at howsgsg atyahoo.com.sg. Please help!
    Thanks very much!

• How will you translate letters in rubbish format? Search Google for "openpli rytec", take the first link to the OpenPLi Forum and ask there for a link to Rytec EPG in your language. As long as I know you can install Rytec EPG also on non-OpenPLi Images. This EPG comes from the Internet and not from the channels and is available for many channels in different languages - but that's all I know about Rytec EPG because I never used it.

• What I meant is this rubbish format are actually Chinese characters but because there isn’t a reader to show it in proper Chinese characters, that is why they are display as unreadable characters which I call rubbish format.
    Thanks very much for the previous info, I will try!