• hi to all

I have a problem with my DM8000HD, when turn ON it would hang up and display dhcp *****STOP*****..i cannot flash a new software through web browser and modem cable. Seems the dreambox is not yet turn ON.

How can i continue booting and bypass this stop??

pls help me..thanks..

• Sounds like your DHCP server (in most cases: the router) does not provide
    an IP address.
    Try to fix this first (e.g. restart the router).
    If it still fails with "DHCP" on the display, read about flashing with serial
    connection and DreamUp.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• thanks for the reply..

I tried to restart my router, now when i turn ON the dreambox while holding the arrow down button, it would display the IP address, but when i flash a new firmware, it would not update..nothing happens..and everytime i turn ON the dreambox it would
    stop automatically at that stage with IP address displayed..How can I bypass the booting?or just continue booting that will not stop???

thanks..

• If it stops always, then the image is broken, and you HAVE to flash newly. Please try opera or an old firefow 3.6 portable to flash and disable all firewalls. Then it should work...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tode ()

• if nothing happens when clicking the button in the browser to upload/flash firmware, then you have to try another browser. opera or something like this.

If your box did not get updated within the last few years you have an very old bootloader and there the button is broken with modern browsers

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.