remove and reinsert Wifi hardware inside DM8000

• Hi,

I might have a loose connection on my mini-pci wifi adapter inside my dm8000. Somethimes I have connection, somethimes not.

Are there instructions available on how to remove the adapter, clean out the contact points, and reinsert it into the pci slot? Is this possible or is it glued to the board?

Thanks.

• could be a software issue, there is a problem with wlan power managment that causes connection drops, especially with kernel version > 3.xx., you may try turning off power managment, type in telnet
    iwconfig wlan0 power off
    wlan0 is a wlan device on my USB stick, may differ, just type iwconfig to see which device you have

mrvica

• No, not glued. If you need instructions I'd leave it alone. And mr_vica said it's probably a software issue anyway.

• Thanks.

The problem is that my 3.x kernel (openpli 3.0) somethimes crashes when booting from a long night deep standby. And the cause is the wifi driver.

Due to these kernel problems with the wifi i have excluded wifi support from the kernel. But this means every time I want to update openpli, I have to compile myself the new kernel.

Therefore it would be easier just to remove the hardware part and keep using standard pre-compiled openpli images.

I didn't yet open my box in between.

• Just for your information: DMM had that problem with waking up from Deep Standby and installed wifi- drivers in their Kernel 3.x oe 2.0) as well... But they fixed it...
    So if pli is not able to fix this .... Its NOT DMMs fault, and you better ask in their board...