Question about hybrid DVB-C/T-Tuner

• I want to buy a dreambox 7020HD, but I have a question about your hybrid DVB-C / T tuner, my cable company sent the two systems in the same cable, I can see both systems with a single hybrid tuner?.

Thanks for the help.

• just imagine you can mix signal of two cables in to single cause used bands can be different
    also any switching option like diseq we don't have

personaly me are lucky cause my cable provider sens signal in DVB-T(mpeg2) and on air i have DVB-T too just mpeg4
    but i have few friends with DVB-C in cable and they cant add terrestial services

• I want to buy a dreambox 7020HD, but I have a question about your hybrid DVB-C / T tuner, my cable company sent the two systems in the same cable, I can see both systems with a single hybrid tuner?.

Thanks for the help.

If your signal provider sends signals with a coax cable, then it's DVB-C. If your signal provider send wireless and you need a antenna, then it's mostly DVB-T.
    So whatever commercial crap (marketing) your cable company tells you, if it goes over a coax cable then it's DVB-C. :grinning_squinting_face:
    Maybe they mean, channels that are transmitted over DVB-T can also been viewed over DVB-C (and probably also DVB-S2).

I use a CXD1981 hybrid tuner . You select in the tuner configuration if it acts like a DVB-C or as a DVB-T, so it cannot do C & T at the same time.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• So whatever commercial crap (marketing) your cable company tells you, if it goes over a coax cable then it's DVB-C.

don't talk if you don't know, DVB-T and DVB-C are differently modulated signals
    if you have DVB-T tuner you cant receive DVB-C signal and oposite
    my cable provider(and another two in my city) use DVB-T tuners and send DVB-T signal over cable,
    just frequencies are in hyperband area

air + cable

• So, in case ofthe topicstarter, if Cable provider sends DVB-C AND DVB-T over coax cable, then don't use one DVB-C/T hybrid tuner.
    Use two separate tuners, for DVB-C and DVB-T, and connect them parallel to the coax connection of your cable provider.

MartiniB, sorry for my previous reply, but it sounds so stupid to use DVB-T over Coax. But i guess i'm the one who's stupid. :kissing_face:

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• more stupid is use separate tuner modules
    one dvb-t/c to able receive dvb-t
    and second dvb-t/c to receive dvb-c
    when job can be done by both of devices (if signal mixed to one cable)

in case cable provider broadcasts in dvb-t that is possible in my dm8000 with old dvb-t modules -
    receive cable+air on both additional tuners