When will the NIC driver issues be solved (DB500)?

• I have read that the pixel errors that occour when streaming and recording with db 500 are due to some faulty NIC drivers. Supposedly DMM has been working on a fix for this. When will this fix be released?

The problem is extremly bothersome. It happens with any firmware and any network setting that I've tried. I even bought a new switch and new cables to see if it was my hardware that was faulty.

• Hello Andromeda2006,

evenso that it was never promissed by DMM that the DM500 is capable to make a useful recording via ethernet it would be a big increase of value of this box when ther was a fix for this networkproblem.
    The streaming and recording is one the major features I expect from my Sat reciever, besides a low price, if I could rely on the ether-net I would even buy another of the tow new low-level-Boxes (DM500-pvr or DM6000), but if I cannot rely on the networ -capabilities I have to wait for another solutin to come to the market.
    Since I like the open software concept of DMM I am very anxious for a solution of this networkproblem for my old DM500 and would also buy a new one some time after this problem is setteled.

beye

chriwi

tschues

chriwi

- DM500
    - KatreinUFS910
    - 2 Schuesseln
    - 1 Rotor
    - 6 LNBs (Astra 19.2E&23.5E&28.2E/Eurobird1 28,5E:Hotbird 13E&9E:
    Rotor(PanamSat6E 36W- TurksatC 42E))

Owner of kathi-forum

• I have looked at Bitcontrol homepage and I can see that the software is quite expensive.
    Can Bitcontrol record subtitles? This is a must, since most of the moviechannels I watch has optional subtitles.

I hope the dreammultimedia will comment on the NIC problem. Are you working on a fix? Is it really a hardware error, as some say?

• Is there a full description on what the issue is? Or is there a list of known-issues of DM500?

I am considering to buy a DreamBox, but I can not decide which model to buy, since DM500 is much cheaper, I think I would try DM500 if there is no critical bug.

However, recording is the most important feature for such an open-source supported receiver. If it can not do recording, I can not find any reason not to buy a "normal" receiver.

• We can have hope for net fix because dm500pvr is developed by dm.
    If not and the price of better box is too high, the relook 200 will be the only choice.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• Hello Ghost,

is there any news about this toppic?

beye

chriwi

tschues

chriwi

- DM500
    - KatreinUFS910
    - 2 Schuesseln
    - 1 Rotor
    - 6 LNBs (Astra 19.2E&23.5E&28.2E/Eurobird1 28,5E:Hotbird 13E&9E:
    Rotor(PanamSat6E 36W- TurksatC 42E))