A/V Settings

• Hi everybody

I would ask somebody for some question as i have , i don't know wich settings shall i have on " Display 4:3 content as ? and Display > 16:9 content as ...?

the box show diferent facilities as : just scale ; Nonlinear : Pan & Scan ; Pillarbox

i have an DM800 HD PVR and my TV are a 50 inches plasma TV .

Thanks in advance

camane007

• This depends on yourself.

Display 4:3 as means: if the broadcaster sends an old movie made for tv, that is in aspect ratio 4:3, then you can either watch it as is (Pillarbox), that means with black borders at the left and at the right, or you can scale the image to fit your screen. Depending on the method you either get very wide faces (just scale) or loose some content at the top and the bottom of the picture (just scale), or something inbetween, where the middle of the picture is left as it is and the borders are stretched a little bit (non linear).

For me the best solution is pillarbox, as it does not manipulate the picture and with 50" the picture is still big enough.

And for >16:9 it is the same but for cinemascope- movies (21:9 or any other ratio than 16:9

• camane007
    4:3 aspectratio flag on HDMI(DVI) is posible only when choose SD resolutions on output ,
    also this feature's implementing were the story
    Enigma 2 - Feature Requests » [SOLVED 99%] DVI(HDMI) can't handle most used aspectratio

Tode
    would like see ability change 4:3 aspectratio flag also for HD output resolutions jus because most Philips(some Panasonic and Sony too) tv's have AutoZoom option.
    with Philips this feature works only when 4:3 flag received,
    but changing HDMI mode spends some seconds instead change aspectratio flag comes imediate

Ghost
    at least some test version of drivers where aspectratio flag in HDMI(DVI) outgiong signal can be changed by some telnet command

• Thanks